• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why Won't Feebas Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Um, the phrase does change automatically (unless you have a "high ranking" phrase), but the Feebas point moves too. But then, it's like once every 2 weeks.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Gaw, I'm getting sick of seeing everyone say the same thing over and over. x_x;;

kohei, the Feebas fishing spots won't change unless you change the popular phrase at Dewford, like MCD said. It won't change automatically.

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    yes, it does change automatically ?? i once found a lot of feebas in a spot, gave the female feebas to a friend (hoping he would return it T_T), then after a week I decided to go to the same spot, but no feebas appeared... then I went to Dewford and noticed that the Trendy Phrase changed by itself (i haven't even touched it.. who would be so stupid to change the phrase after finding a feebas tile :\)
    whatever, now that I have a Ditto, i don't care anymore about finding more feebas :P

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Gaw, I'm getting sick of seeing everyone say the same thing over and over. x_x;;

kohei, the Feebas fishing spots won't change unless you change the popular phrase at Dewford, like MCD said. It won't change automatically.

What are you talking about? Yes it does! The poplular phrase automatically updates itself, that's when in changes. There is no way around that.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Well I'm about to get a new Feebas egg because nothing else has worked. I may have to try a few times but I won't stop until I have a Feebas with the right personality.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    In order for Feebas to evolve, you must feed it PokeBlocks that raise it's BEAUTY RATING ONLY. If you feed it other Blocks, that will throw it off.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    It has to have a max beauty rating and be at atleast level 30

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    I only ever caught a Feebas once, and I couldn't ever remember where the spot was. I was lucky: I got a female, so have been breeding it like crazy, though I've no one to trabe feebas with...

Hatch feebas, and see what Nature it is. If it's anything other than the ones listed by the others, forget trying to evolve it and go for another egg. Then grow berries like Wiki, Pamtre, chesto, and blend them to get indigo and blue pokeblocks. I've found Wiki's are best ( others may disagree ;) ) as higher the level, the more the attribute is raised. If you're blending berries of more than one flavour, go for ones which are dry, or have dry as part of the mix. Blend your berries, then feed your feebas with the blue blocks with both high level and low feel. High level advances the attribute more, but a low feel block will allow your pokemon to eat more. Saying that, if you feed any pokemon with two high level blocks, they'll get full. That's why I go for Wiki Berries.

Once you've filled the feebas with blocks, look at it's condition chart. The green section should touch the blue segment in the Beauty corner, and preferably, actually touch the outline of the pentagon. As a final check, take your feebas to see the Pokemon Fanclub Chairman: if Feebas has a high enough Beauty, s/he'll get a blue scarf.

I then suggest giving your feebas an exp. share, and battling to level it up. I think I too tried a rare candy once, and had the same result you did: no evolution. Try leveling up a couple of levels, as sometimes the Feebas needs to have a slightly higher level to evolve.

If, however, this doesn't work, then I'm sorry, but it sounds like your game has a glitch, and you'll have to find someone to trade with ;)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yes, there is no need to bump threads over a month old -_- If you want to start a similar thread, then just make a new one... OK? ^_^

Case closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back