• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    The WEP Key is the passphrase you use to connect to your router via wireless.

Since you don't seem to know it, I assume you're connected via LAN cable, correct?

If so, go to your router's settings page in your web browser and set a WEP key. Then enter that in your DS.

OK, but where is my setting page at? An icon came up when I hooked this up so is that it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    OK, but where is my setting page at? An icon came up when I hooked this up so is that it?

Your router should have come with instructions on how to access its settings page. It will usually involve accessing a specific IP address from your internet browser and perhaps entering a specific password that you set up during installation. The exact address will vary, but it should look something like 189.165.1.1 or something of the sort.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Your router should have come with instructions on how to access its settings page. It will usually involve accessing a specific IP address from your internet browser and perhaps entering a specific password that you set up during installation. The exact address will vary, but it should look something like 189.165.1.1 or something of the sort.

Okay I found the adress so where do I enter it at? Also please don't use technical computer words, I have trouble with those >.>

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Okay I did that and it came up to a dell search page. It said that it couldn't find that.

...Hmm. I realize that this is not exactly sage advice, but make certain to read through the instructions to see if you happened to miss anything, and that you entered the right address.

Which internet browser are you using, anyway?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Try typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser's address bar. You're probably just using the wrong address.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    WEP key help.

Well, lets see...

I want to get into Wi-Fi on my DS for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (and Platinum). I have a NETGEAR Wireless Router connected to my parents computer so my computer can get internet. :x

The security settings that are entered into the Router are a WPA key. I asked my mom if we could get the WEP key. I checked Nintendo.com and it said something about the security settings getting changed. My mom wouldn't change it to that if it messes with her security settings for her computer.

Can someone please explain to me if it will mess up your computer if you change the security settings for a WEP key?

Thanks in advance~

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    What does the page look like? Right now it looks like you are using an unsecured wireless network (as in, you didn't set the WEP code when you set it up, so anyone can access it). If that's the case, then you have to go into the settings on that page and set up a wep code.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    Well, lets see...

I want to get into Wi-Fi on my DS for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (and Platinum). I have a NETGEAR Wireless Router connected to my parents computer so my computer can get internet. :x

The security settings that are entered into the Router are a WPA key. I asked my mom if we could get the WEP key. I checked Nintendo.com and it said something about the security settings getting changed. My mom wouldn't change it to that if it messes with her security settings for her computer.

Can someone please explain to me if it will mess up your computer if you change the security settings for a WEP key?

Thanks in advance~

The difference is simple. A WPA key is a higher-quality form of encryption (protection, if you must ask) than the older WEP code, and a DS simply can't use it. If your mom won't let you change the network (which I wouldn't recommend anyway), I'd recommend getting a Nintendo wifi usb stick, so that you can connect the DS to the internet without going through your network.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Okay, I've found one on E-Bay, and hopefully my mom will buy it for me! XD;
    Thanks for the help~

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    It turns out our wireless router is messed up so we're getting a new one. I was wondering, do all wireless routers come with CDs and make icons on the page.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It turns out our wireless router is messed up so we're getting a new one. I was wondering, do all wireless routers come with CDs and make icons on the page.

They all should come with setup CDs, yes. I doubt that the icon is common, though, since I had personally never dealt with anything of the sort.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Okay, so.
    I have my IP address, that's all fine and good. But what's the SSID?
    And the WEP key is the password you use when connecting to the network, correct?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Okay, I'm at my friends house, and he has the WEP key. I connected to Wi-Fi on the configuration settings for Pokémon Diamond, but when I go into the GTS, it doesn't connect. Sometimes it goes in without a connection, but I don't get why there isn't a connection.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I just finished installing a Wi-Fi USB Connector to my P.C but i cant seem to get it to work. It says it cant find an access point and when i go to GTS its starts to connect but the connection ends up going red? am i doing something wrong? any help would be appreciated.

Error Code 52103

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    First off, I can't seem to install my WiFi CD ROM! IT stops ate 'internet sharing connection' or somethign like that, but it has recently cut short at the 'insert USB connector and wait a moment'. Why is it doing this?

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Help.

I have vista, and i downloaded the newest version of Wi-Fi (1.07) it says its compadible with vista but, when i get to the last part right when its finished it says "Connect Wi-Fi USB" when its already connected. (I bought my Wi-Fi in like.... 2007-8-ish) But i still have the disks and every thing.

Thanks ~ Piemeup

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    Right so.

My wifi used to work, right? A few couple of months ago... I can't tell you how long it's been, since I just started playing pearl again after several months.

So when I try to connect it gives me the error 52100. (What happens exactly is that the little bars (Idk what they're called) are red for a few seconds, then they turn green and stay green for about a minute then turn back to red.) So I went to the Nintendo Wifi website but that didn't help at all.

I've tried resetting my router, going to the router website (You know, the one where you put the IP in your adress bar?) and turning off the firewall and allowing my DS's MAC address. None of that has helped.

I tried upgrading the firmware for my router, but when I try to open the file to do so, it gives me this thing like, "Windows could not find a program to open this file with", or something to that effect.

So help me out guys. (If it helps, I'm using a Vista and my router is a Westell 327W/B90-327W15-06)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back