• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Would anyone be able to send me a pm with how to RNG and useful links i want to get into it but dont know where to start :(

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    On a side note, I finally beat Palmer today in the Battle Tower. I owe it to Gliscor for practically walling Rhyperior completely, considering it has no investment in Defense whatsoever. :D

Keep going. The RNG gets so ridiculous that it's almost impossible to manage a decent streak.

I was on match 41 I think. Send out T-Tar, D-Dance up, take out his Quag, sustaining massive damage cause he hit T-Tar's weak spot with a Quick Clawed Focus Blast. Life Orb recoil finishes T-Tar off versus his Hippo. Magnetzone finishes off Hippo. I explode on his Mamoswine figuring it would kill it. It leaves his Swine with 1% HP. I send out Garchomp (please note the sandstorm is still in effect). I go for the win with Earthquake. Somehow, magically, his Swine avoids it, and proceeds to hit me with a 10% accuracy (thanks to Sand Veil) Fissure, ending my streak.

I don't know if his Swine was holding some amazing item or what. But that's not how that should have went down.

Btw, to the kid that's QQing about RNG: Exploit =/= Hack

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Keep going. The RNG gets so ridiculous that it's almost impossible to manage a decent streak.

I was on match 41 I think. Send out T-Tar, D-Dance up, take out his Quag, sustaining massive damage cause he hit T-Tar's weak spot for massive damage with a Quick Clawed Focus Blast. Life Orb recoil finishes T-Tar off versus his Hippo. Magnetzone finishes off Hippo. I explode on his Mamoswine figuring it would kill it. It leaves his Swine with 1% HP. I send out Garchomp (please note the sandstorm is still in effect). I go for the win with Earthquake. Somehow, magically, his Swine avoids it, and proceeds to hit me with a 10% accuracy (thanks to Sand Veil) Fissure, ending my streak.

I don't know if his Swine was holding some amazing item or what. But that's not how that should have went down.
    Oh boy that would suck. Maybe Swine was holding a Focus Band? They usually work 2 times in a row against me.

I just like going in there for fun and pwning everyone with my weak and crappy NU Pokemon, like sexy Volbeat. I want to RNG an Illumise soon.

Detox

Do what I do and put Aerial Ace and Tyranitar......call me iditic but that actually helps a lot.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Oh boy that would suck. Maybe Swine was holding a Focus Band? They usually work 2 times in a row against me.

I just like going in there for fun and pwning everyone with my weak and crappy NU Pokemon, like sexy Volbeat. I want to RNG an Illumise soon.

Maybe, but the text didn't come up and that also doesn't explain my earthquake missing.

I was thinking about doing doubles with Plusle and Minun.

Do what I do and put Aerial Ace and Tyranitar......call me iditic but that actually helps a lot.

My moveset wasn't really the problem. They just sent out resistant pokes that knew fighting type attacks, lol.

My Tar's moveset is: Dragon Dance, Firepunch, Crunch, and Stone Edge

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
    Years
    'An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.'

'RNG Abuse' is most definitely an exploit.

'Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.'

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    He probably was holding a brightpowder.

Yea, that's what I figured.

That fissure hitting Garchomp still annoys me though. :/

'An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.'

'Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.'

I'm at a disadvantage for not exploiting.

Pretty sure you'd still be at a disadvantage even if you used an AR, bro.

Detox

Except it's neither of those two things you mentioned...

And can we give up this rather bad argument k.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Battle Tower is really annoying for me. It feels harder now than D/P, since he had good Pokemon running dumb sets. I mean come on, Special Rhyperior?

Now just to go for the 49 streak, and I'll need better Pokemon, like Gross and something else since Gliscor dies to any Ice attack, and Snorlax can't even hold it's own against a Milotic.

And can we give up this rather bad argument k.
    I second this motion. :D
    Filling crap.

Last edited:

Detox

Uhhhhhh lol....you really have to know how the battle tower works and the mechanics behind it. I would ask Beachy if he ever comes back...

Edit @ above guy: RNG isnt a bug or a design flaw so wth?

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
    Years
    Uhhhhhh lol....you really have to know how the battle tower works and the mechanics behind it. I would ask Beachy if he ever comes back...

Edit @ above guy: RNG isnt a bug or a design flaw so wth?

Its a design flaw.

Are you kidding me?

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
    Years
    .....How is it a design flaw =/

'Only in 2010 the first truly random computational number generator was produced, recurring to principles of quantum physics.'

Its a limitation, therefore an unavoidable design flaw, meant not to be exploited-- and designed as random, for a reason.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Its a design flaw.

Are you kidding me?

Just because someone with a lot of time on there hands decided to set down and figure out how the game was made to work doesn't make it a design flaw. Your logic makes no sense and you're putting yourself into a worse position than what you're already in.

Just shut up about it. You're not going to stop anyone from doing it, and frankly, your QQing about it is annoying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    Is someone willing to teach me how to RNG? or give me a few links to stuff?

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
    Years
    Just because someone with a lot of time on there hands decided to set down and figure out how the game was made to work doesn't make it a design flaw. Your logic makes no sense and you're putting yourself into a worse position than what you're already in.

Just shut up about it. You're not going to stop anyone from doing it, and frankly, your QQing about it is annoying.

It is a design flaw, and its hard to avoid-- if the designer had any way to make it 'truly' random, he would have.

Maybe you should shut up, because you're wrong.

Is someone willing to teach me how to RNG? or give me a few links to stuff?

It isn't easy; I think the first trial would be finding the information on your own.

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    It is a design flaw, and its hard to avoid-- if the designer had any way to make it 'truly' random, he would have.

Maybe you should shut up, because you're wrong.

The bolded proves that you're a complete idiot.

Emuscles

0 posts and counting.
    Years
    The bolded proves that you're a complete idiot.

Excuse me? I think you need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

Regardless of whatever you were nit-picking-- all that I meant was:

The designer intended for it to be truly random, but was unable to do so. Therefore it is exploitable, against the spirit of the game.

Its sad that I needed to elaborate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back