• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • maybe they will finally acknowledge and implement tiers... it would prevent uber fests

Yeah, but what would they go off? Usage changes, stuff moves in and out of UU, OU and BL all the time, it's really quite...random. And the tiers need to be set up before the can be implemented, etc, etc. I think just a summary before battle would be good. You know, like you can put "fight in OU only" or something in your summary.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    GTS changes I'd like to see:

*To be able to search for any Pokemon, to complete your national dex.

*I want the GTS to detect hacked Pokemon and make them untradeable. It is very unfair that people trade hacks to honest traders. This happened to my friend many times. Now we're both afraid of using GTS again.

*Limitations/restrictions/rules on trading-People should not be allowed to ask for a level 100 Rayquaza, when they are offering a lvl 3 Ratatta??!?!?!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes GTS is weird... how am I supposed to complete my Pokedex if GTS us the only way to do it and I can only search for Pokemon I have seen Whoever thought of that was a genius...

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I agree that you need to be able to access (just about) any Pokemon on the GTS. That's a bummer.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • A leaderboard will definitely increase the amount of competition in Pokemon battles; so that's a key point for me.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • WPA WIFI in the 5th gen?

I haven't been able to experience Wifi battling on any DS pokemon game due to my parent's choice in Internet security. They chose to use WPA rather than WEP because it was safer. This choice removed my chances of experiencing Wifi.

Nintendo released the DSi with support for WPA security. This made me happy, but HG/SS didn't support WPA.

I hope Black and White support all different types of internet security so I can play with my friends.

EmzStar

GERONIMO!!
    Years
  • Last year, however since hiss was on platinums engine, a former product, it wasn't illegal to do that, since b and w are a new engine it will have wpa, look it up

It's now illegal to make anything that has solely WEP, so you're in luck :D

Wow, thanks, I'd never hear about this! Now I will be able to play against other people and TRADE!!!! Finally, I've had enough wih Battle Revolution.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Well I changed my internet to WEP from WPA a year ago, so this doesn't matter. Man, if only they did this earlier. But yeah, that's awesome :)

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • thats awesome :D i spent like how many days trying to find a way to make it work and i ended up just grabbing a new router and setting it up for just the DS :p lol

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • BW should be able to support WPA, if the DSi does. It'll be one of those DSi-enhanced features though, people playing on their regular DSs will be limited to WEP, because the normal DS doesn't work. It's not the game, it's the machine it's on.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • BW should be able to support WPA, if the DSi does. It'll be one of those DSi-enhanced features though, people playing on their regular DSs will be limited to WEP, because the normal DS doesn't work. It's not the game, it's the machine it's on.

thanks for making me realize this
    thanks for crushing my dream :(
    i have a ds lite :,(

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I agree with the people on the first page who were saying the GTS needed to be tweaked. Whenever some kid asked for a legendary/LVL.100 Pokemon in return for something simple like a Drifloon, I'd send them a hacked Pokemon. >_>; That was my way of saying "get real." Jerks. <_<;

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    A leaderboard will definitely increase the amount of competition in Pokemon battles; so that's a key point for me.

Agreed. It would be like: When you fight a trainer, and you beat them, your place on the leaderboard and theirs, make points depending on them, if you lose, the same thing happens EXCEPT you lose points, and these points, would be the things to get you on the leaderboard. That would be cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back