• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wicd Network Manager Stopped Working

Mumei

Pokédork
Years
  • "Introspect error: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by any .service files"

There's a lot more than that but unfortunately it's on a different computer so I can't copy and paste and there's no way I'm typing it all out.

I'm using Yellow Dog Linux version 6.2 on a PS3. I have no idea what's wrong with Wicd, it just started today as far as I know.

Would appreciate help getting it working again, or help with another way to set up a wireless connection.

PS: Interestingly, I had finally figured out how to get hooked up to the network via the GameOS when it stopped working in Linux. Dunno if there's any relation there. Probably not considering it's not that it can't connect to the network, but rather that it can't open a program. Then again, you never know.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You're probably not going to get a lot of help with Yellow Dog on PS3 in this forum. There are forums out there dedicated to PS3 hacking; I'd suggest them. Also, as always, Google and see if anything turns up.

Now, personally, I'd guess it's a problem with your conf files (or .service, I guess). I have no idea what it might be, though.

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
  • bad user, very bad user!

Why would you install linux on a gaming console?

What do you mean? This particular linux is designed for the PS3. PS3s were built specifically with that functionality. And I need a way to utilize the special processor contained within a PS3. So... I have no idea what's wrong with installing linux on this particular gaming console.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • What do you mean? This particular linux is designed for the PS3. PS3s were built specifically with that functionality. And I need a way to utilize the special processor contained within a PS3. So... I have no idea what's wrong with installing linux on this particular gaming console.
    He's joking, which is made obvious by his next post:

You should have installed Windows since Windows is a far superior OS and has less issues :P
    Spoiler:

Back