• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii Ware

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I'm not sure if everyone has it yet, but all the same... Yes, Wii Ware is finally here!

I was wondering if anyone has played any of the launch games (including FFCC: My Life as a King). Are they any good, as I was thinking of getting FFCC?

Thanks, and feel free to discuss about anything Wii Ware.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    If you're looking to buy FFCC because you want to play Final Fantasy, this isn't it.

If you want to buy FFCC because it's an awesome city simulator with a ton of cool add-ons, this is the game you've been looking for.

Also, do yourself a favor and get LostWinds, for that too, is amazing. 8D

Persona

Banned
    Years
    FFCC can be addicting. I found myself playing it for a couple hours. The designs are interesting and well done. The environment is colorful too, although the character development is minimal, so turn away if you're searching for an engaging story or character build. If you're interested in simulation games (as wakachamo mentioned), then by all means download it. Otherwise, pass it, as this game offers no real RPG experience.

I'm actually not very interested in any of the current WiiWare games available for download, but I found LostWinds and Defend Your Castle decent selections. From the looks of it, many people wouldn't expect much from Defend Your Castle. However, it's actually not bad. You point at the screen to defend your castle from incoming stick figures with popsicle sticks, large one-eyed monsters, and eventually catapults. XD;

One of the things to note is its graphical style. It appears like a crayon drawing, and the objects are very simplistic. It's nothing close to outstanding, but it's pretty amusing considering the comedy put into it. At the end of each level, you obtain points, which can be used to buy items to upgrade your castle. The game is repetitive, but it does get intense in higher levels, and the multiplayer is a fun addiction when bringing a couple of friends along.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'd also like to give a brief mention to Star Soldier R, which is currently available for 800 points I think? From what I've seen it looks like a pretty awesome, yet short arcade-like WiiWare game that might just open up a path for future Ikaruga-like shooters for the Wii.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    I want to get lost winds and the T.V trivia game(I forget what it's called) I'm in New Zealand so I don't have defend your castle and the other ones and I probably won't get my Pokemon ranch this week either:(

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    FFCC roxorz my soxzors. I already spent 2100 points on it XD
    LostWinds was ok, a bit too short IMO.

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
    That Final Fantasy one is definitely interesting in it's own way. As others have mentioned, it's more of a city building simulation, like sim city, minus the somewhat more complicated things and the random destruction all over the place. The cost can add up to quite a bit eventually though, since I think add-ons will keep being released over time. It is surprisingly addicting though. My longest time on it was a bit over 7 freaking hours... that's a new record. Not that I'm complaining though; Everyone else just does.

Another one I have purchased and has been worth it so far, is Pop. Popping bubbles; doesn't sound much fun does it? Not much to do BUT to pop bubbles basically. But, people can find amusement popping bubble wrap, so it's almost the same, 'cept you won't run out of bubbles to pop. It can get surprisingly crazy once you get to higher 'waves' (levels I guess), and you'll find time being taken away from you from those blasted skull-marked bubbles... but it can get competitive with multiplayer too, since power-ups to hinder each other's progress with getting a high score come up very frequently. I mostly got this though since I try to find games that others can play with me, since I am the only actual gamer. Nothing more simple than popping bubbles. The music can sound quite nice sometimes, if it doesn't get tones out by the bubble noises. And, the wii remote vibrates everytime to hit a bubble, or even miss, so its like you're getting a hand massage.

One I have not obtained, but seems to be one of the better wii ware titles in my opinion, is that Dr.Mario Online Rx or something. I haven't played the old version, but it looks to be a tetris-type game. I guess you can also use your Miis in it, and compete online. Erm... that's all I can tell since I don't know much about it.

I don't know of any other wii ware titles to be released in the future though, save the Pokemon Ranch.

Back