• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wild Encounter Level Issues

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Hey guys. I finally have my entire overworld completed for my fan made Pokemon game and I am now starting to program it. My issue is that I have set up a land encounter with three different species of Pokemon ranging from Level 1 to 3. Why would wild Pokemon then appear outside the range of levels?

I am using version 15.
    I am not using any custom scripts.

I am at a loss...

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • Why would wild Pokemon then appear outside the range of levels?.

How are we supposed to know? You barely give us any information, except that you are using an outdated version. Maybe your encounters-file has a duplicated entry for the same map (although I don't know how essentials would handle this). Or you game didn't compile and is still reading the old encounters-list.

How does your encounters-file look like? What exactly is the range of the Pokémon-Level? Did you change something? Does it work for other maps? Are you sure you was setting the right map up?

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    Here is what my encounters file looks like. Some familiar names and new fakemon are included. To my thinking Pidgey, Rattata, and Noctiri should appear only at levels 1, 2, and 3. However, for some reason I have seen Pokemon appearing at levels 4, 5, 6 and 7. Also my map ID is 051.

#########################
    051 # The Lonely Cape
    Land
    PIDGEY,1
    NOCTIRI,1
    RATTATA,1
    RATTATA,1
    PIDGEY,2
    NOCTIRI,2
    RATTATA,2
    RATTATA,2
    PIDGEY,3
    NOCTIRI,3
    RATTATA,3
    RATTATA,3

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • You didn't answer my other querstions.

Does it happen on other maps?
    Does it happen when you replace your custom Pokémon with normal one?
    Does the encounter-file have multiple entries for the same map ID?
    Did you recompile your game?

Try every possible reason to narrow the cause of your problem.

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    No to happening on other maps
    It happens to both normal and custom Pokemon
    There is only one encounter type for that single map
    Yes to recompiling

har

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2019
    I still have no clue why this happened but I just copied and pasted the map added an encounter for the new map and it works fine now. So it had something to do with the map ID I believe

Back