• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Wild Encounters are not happening

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hello, I had just put the finishing touches to Route 1 of my Pokémon Essentials fangame, so I watched the next video on the tutorial playlist I was using, which was encounters. It told me to go into the PBS folder and delete the contents of "encounters.txt" then playtest to go into Debug/Pokémon Options/Give Demo Team, and then Debug/Information Editors/Edit Wild Encounters. I followed the instructions, yet when I tested there were no Wild Pokémon Jumping out at me. I changed the numbers to make it a lot more common to run into wild Pokémon in grass and still none. Even compared the "encounters.txt" file to the one showed in the video and there were no results. Does anyone have any advice or solutions? Am I doing something wrong? Should I attach screenshots for more information? Thank you in advance for you help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Please post the contents of encounter.txt in spoiler tags.

Also, which version of Essentials are you using?

Back