• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Wild encounters crash?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hello

I managed to fix that Cascoon problem. It's appearing as a wild encounter and all its moves are showing up properly now. However, I'm having another problem. For whatever reason, on occasion the game will freeze before I encounter a Pokemon in the grass. The problem is I don't know why it's happening or what Pokemon is causing this. I've been using AdvanceMap 1.92 to add in these specific Pokemon to a route in my hack:
    - Silcoon
    - Cascoon
    - Wurmple
    - Seedot
    - Lotad
    - Pidgey (which I replaced with a Pikipek)
    - Sunkern

Originally, the Cascoon seemed to not be spawning, which I assume because it's moveset was blank and hence the game didn't want to load the data. However, the other Pokemon in the encounter list have all been working good prior to this issue. Out of all the Pokemon listed, the only ones which movesets I've expanded (using G3T) was Cascoon and Silcoon, both of which have had their movesets allocated to free space. Theoretically, wouldn't this mean the encounters should be working as normal? Note: I haven't added any new Pokemon slots with the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion. All the Pokemon here one way or another are apart of the original Gen 3 Pokedex.

What's happening here?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • After a bit of testing, I can conclude the Pokemon crashing the game is Silcoon. But I'm still not sure why. For more context, I ended up repointing Marill's movepool to elsewhere and all the Pokemon have got their moves working properly now. I'd also like to add that I had edited Silcoon's sprite by using the sprite editor in PGE to the Gen 5 sprite resources' version of Silcoon.

When I tried to edit Beautifly's sprite, I hadn't formatted the spritesheet properly and the program crashed. Prior to editing Beautifly's sprite I had edited Silcoon's. Could this be the reason why the wild encounters are crashing? Because PGE stuffed up some data for it or something? If so, can someone let me know how to fix this issue?

Back