• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will GO interact with main series games?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    During GO's development discussions at E3 last month, it was it was briefly mentioned the developers were interested in the idea of some connectivity between the main series games and GO. Nothing specific was ever mentioned, but there were hints. Some seem to think this means you'll be able to transfer Pokémon from GO to the upcoming games, Sun & Moon - but how do you think that would work?

Would you like to see GO interact with Sun & Moon in some way?

How do you think this will happen if it does?

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I guess seeing the great success of their company nintendo would consider Android and iOS as their future base for the games.
    That would be heavenly for people like me.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I guess seeing the great success of their company nintendo would consider Android and iOS as their future base for the games.
    That would be heavenly for people like me.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Nintendo or Gamefreak plans on making the switch to exclusive mobile gaming; I'm pretty sure they're still going to continue to create console games. They make too much money on the systems and the games separately to believe otherwise for now.

I'm more just interested in how GO itself is going to interact with Sun & Moon. It would be interesting to be able to transfer Pokémon from one to the other, though I think it might break the gaming mechanic a bit if you could transfer from S&M to GO. I'm thinking it's going to be something more along the lines of getting Pokèmiles or the like while out and about with GO, however.

Last edited:

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Nintendo or Gamefreak plans on making the switch to exclusive mobile gaming; I'm pretty sure they're still going to continue to great console games. They make too much money on the systems and the games separately to believe otherwise for now.

I'm more just interested in how GO itself is going to interact with Sun & Moon. It would be interesting to be able to transfer Pokémon from one to the other, though I think it might break the gaming mechanic a bit if you could transfer from S&M to GO. I'm thinking it's going to be something more along the lines of getting Pokèmiles or the like while out and about with GO, however.

The thing that I said was a possibility.
    Although the can publish the older games as they have been doing with other platforms .
    They just freaking doubled their shares in a week !

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
    Yikes, I don't want to see PoGo linked to Sun and Moon at all. What would be the reason of just jumping ahead like that? If it's to tie into main titles I would hope it be done a different way. As in adding the professors, maybe similar events the original titles host like the beauty contests? Or something like that. Backtracking sounds more adventurous then just skipping to something we don't know about.

Back