• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will HG/SS be the last Pokemon games?

Midnight_1987

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Will the Pokemon franchise continue after HG/SS, with new games/generations?

I really..I don´t think so...Pokemon is a famous game, and the creators now...that after all this time, selling their videogames, the people still buying them and the sells are increasing in the new versions

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I do have my doubts that this will continue.. They seem to try to make new and original games (which they can't now, they just repeat sagas, as Mystery dungeon and stuff) instead of creating a new generation.
    Anyways, this is the time to release a new generation, as new generations are released in spaces of 3-4 years (1996-1999-2002-2006, respectivily) so who knows.

Btw there is no need to put a title like that, and this is the wrong section I think --

Ayselipera

They'll keep making them as long as people are willing to buy them.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As lOnG As tHeRe aRe iDiOtS ThAt tYpE LiKe tHiS To bUy tHeM ThEn yEs!

Gosh typing that sentence hurt my brain. >_>

Sadly, it was apparent that they were scraping the very bottom of the creativity tub when they made the GenIV batch of pokemon, but as long as the series is profitable, they will continue to make even more deformed versions of existing pokemon and pass them off as a baby form or a further evolved form. >_>

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • I doubt it but they might stop making more pokemon and just make new regions without new pokemon or just one more gen nobody knows.
    btw its my birthday YAY!!

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I am sure they will have more, either some more remakes or a new series in mind. As mentioned if they have people willing to pay they will keep making them. They are always a big hit. It would be pretty cool if they made a game based off the orange islands. There was a thread on it and it sparked some interest. I think its doubtful but it would be a really good concept for a game.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • At the end of the day, Pokemon is about making money. As long as the games sell well enough, then the franchise will keep going. Since Pokemon seems to be selling as much as ever, I doubt it will end in the near future.

Years
  • I doubt it, Pokemon is making a lot of money and I don't think they will be stopping any time soon, they will probably just continue making versions of the games of the anime.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Happy birthday King of Jokers.

The problem with the continuation of new generations until people stop paying is exactly that. If people get tired of the continued remakes and new pokemon then the whole series as a whole will lose power. It would be more beneficial for Nintendo to release this game, possibly one more generation and then stop with the generations and remakes. Someone mentioned earlier about making new regions, but no new pokemon and I highly agree. Maybe one or two new pokemon per game could join in... but that's about it. Having new storylines and regions would keep up the interest in the series, yet the pokemon wouldn't become... lame. Of course, the region would have to sort of fit in with the other storylines, or maybe it could be like in the future after the different stories. Therefore, the pokemon from different regions would theoretically have the time to migrate and mix up together and it wouldn't be weird having certain pokemon together in the same area.

I like this thread, it's actually a very good point. I HATE your title though...

Sainthell

Look at my awesome ki power.
    Years
  • A new generation would be good, just a pain to get EVEN MORE pokemons. and some of them only for trades (some people like me can't trade- here i don't have anyone to trade and i don't know where to buy a DS modem becuz theres no wifi here i think) and some of them for events (its unfair here- rarely occurs one on Rio de janeiro). it would be a looooot better if we could go to three regions (like New region->sinnoh->hoenn) but what about the lvs? *sigh*

aribradshaw

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    OMFG of course they're makin more pokemon i was thinking about like, all 4 regions in 1 game, called like, POKEMON ALL ROUND VERSION

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • 4 regoins in one game? That's a bit too much. When they made Arceus, the 'God' pokemon, I began to wonder what they could do to top that and that's when I began to doubt that there would be a 5th generation. But who knows, they might.

Years
  • I believe they're still going to make Pokemon games for a while. Pokemon has a HUGE fan base and makes tons of money. I doubt they're just going to stop.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Hell no. We've got a ways to go before these people close shop. There are gaming franchises that have been out for longer than Pokemon, and I don't see how Pokemon would stop after this. Look at the Mario franchise. They've been going since 1985, and they're still rolling on. I think they'll just keep making Pokemon game remakes and new generations until they have no more customers to sell to. THAT'S when there will be no more Pokemon games.

PS: NEVER EVER DO A TITLE LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN. xD

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I really highly doubt this will be the last pokemon game. I mean, like everyone has said, as long as people are willing to buy them they will keep making them. Nintendo probably already has a new game prepared and new pokemon along with it. Not to mention, if Nintendo did stop, they would have tons of people going crazy and attacking them. >_>

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • You really can't compare Mario to Pokemon. I mean Mario has many things, fighting games, adventure, sports, and racing. There's so many things you can do with Mario for him to still be alive and kicking today. Pokemon on the other hand, will need around 100+ new pokemon a generation (Mario keeps the same people and we're happy, though I really wish they'd give Shy guy some more play time), a new region (Not really hard since it's based off Japan), a new story line that revolves around the Legendaries (Only r/b/y/g/s/c didn't follow this). The quality of pokemon will go down each gen. (it seems to have done so with the 3rd and 4th in some opinions) and the storyline will soon become repetitive and boring, even if new functions are being made.

Back