• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Shinies ever be....

Shiny pok'emon on the show?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Don't care if there is

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Do you think that a shiny pok'emon will ever be on the show?

Years
    I dont really care if there are shinies in any thing..game, movies, tv shows..shinies do not impress me..they are a different color pokemon..no specail stats, are moves or nuthin *releases shiny pokemon on sapphire game*

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
    Please don't spam Trick Daddy Dollarz! Anyway yes there were many shinies. Adamhay just forgot or something.

Edit: Trick Daddy Dollarz is banned. He should thought about what he was doing...

Last edited:

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Acutal Pok?mon that were Shining Pok?mon:
    -Noctowl
    -Shuckle
    -Gyarados
    -Magneton
    -Swellow
    -Magikarp

Butterfree didn't count since there weren't even any colors available for Red and Green besides black and white back then. They couldn't have put a Shining feature then. The anime just wanted to be different and allow some skin color differences. Plus it wouldn't have had the same impact if the Pink Butterfree were of a normal color. She stood out from the rest of the other Butterfree and Ash's fell for that one.

Keckleon's not Shining since the purple one came way before RuSa came out. Shining Keckleon has a lighter skin tone and a blue stripe.

dver

#%$Unknown$#%
    Years
    Shuckle I never seen a shining shuckle in the anime ?
    By the way the suicune ash saw was shining
    In the first johto episode

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I don't know why everyone claims the Suicune Ash saw was Shining. -_-; A Shining Suicune is a LIGHT BLUE color, not a glowing deep blue. It was to emphasize the mysteriousness of a new Legendary Pok?mon, especially due to it being a Water-type.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The original rumor that was circulating was that Shiny Pokemon in the show could evolve into other forms that normal ones couldn't. Also, there is another rumor that regular Pokemon can become Shinies, as sort of a semi-evolution. For instance, Ash's Pikachu may end up turning white.

And actually, in the show, shinies seem to be a bit stronger than the regular ones, but in the games, they really aren't, so... AAA!! This is confusing!!

I think Shinies are just Pokemon's version of Albinos. Due to the 'colorfullness' of Pokemon, they are different colors from just pure white.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Correction, they're no longer weaker than the normal counterparts in the games due to the Shining status being a different stat now that no longer relies on stats. And from the Shining Pok?mon we've seen, they're no different from their regular counterparts in the anime. They're just incredibly rare.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Weaker? When did I... Oh! I see where the confusion is! No! What I meant is that the Shinies seem to be a bit stronger than normal on the show, but in the games, they aren't. They are like regular Pokemon in the games, that's all. I didn't mean to imply that they were weaker than normal in the games.

Back