• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will they change the Flying and Surfing Icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I would really like for the pokemon that you command to surf to display as the sprite as you surf. The same should be for Fly.

Maybe even the dive, defog, and rock climb HMs will do this same thing!?

What do you think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I have always wanted the surfing and flying sprite to actually look like the Pokémon that has the HMs. That would be amazing.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was actually expecting this from HGSS what with the pokemon already having an overworld sprite, why not show it while they're surfing? Maybe some people at GF tested it and thought it might look glitchy with some pokemon, so instead of coding some pokemon to use their overworld sprite and some to use the generic Wailmer wannabe, they gave them all the Wailmer wannabe. :P

Regardless, they have a little time to finesse these things in time for B/W to be released...it would be a nice touch, but not completely necessary.

Redrup

The Gentleman
    Years
    While they are at it, perhaps they can get realistic scaling of Pokémon.

If I'm travelling across Sinnoh with my Steelix, I don't want it to be the same height as me. :(

Make it take up 20 squares. (Y)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Just for the size factor, and for how it is unrealistic to be surfing on top of a Pokemon much smaller than you, this idea shouldn't be implemented.
    Neither should the sizes of Pokemon be much different. The differences in size may be less significant in HG/SS, but I like it just that way, and too big would be annoying to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Just for the size factor, and for how it is unrealistic to be surfing on top of a Pokemon much smaller than you, this idea shouldn't be implemented.
    Neither should the sizes of Pokemon be much different. The differences in size may be less significant in HG/SS, but I like it just that way, and too big would be annoying to me.
    I kind of feel this way too. D: The generic Wailmer we've had since gen 3 is pretty boring but I think it'd be too weird to actually see myself surfing on a Wooper or something. @_@ Or flying with a Starly.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I kind of feel this way too. D: The generic Wailmer we've had since gen 3 is pretty boring but I think it'd be too weird to actually see myself surfing on a Wooper or something. @_@ Or flying with a Starly.

Yeah it would be weird, but it would still be better than everything magically turning into a Wailmer

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    An easy way to fix the size factor would be to show JUST the pokemon, and not you riding it
    Then what would stop someone from trying to catch it? xD

I think many people have mentioned this again, and again, and again but Game Freak more than likely won't budge. I would love it though if they got rid of the boring few seconds before flying/surfing that we saw in HG/SS. In DPPt all I had to do was touch the water or tell a pokemon to fly and I was gone. But in HGSS if the pokemon who will fly/surf is out then you have to wait for them to come up in front of you and either jump in the water or fly away. Maybe I'm being a lil' picky but that seems too take to long imo.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I would really like for the pokemon that you command to surf to display as the sprite as you surf. The same should be for Fly.

Maybe even the dive, defog, and rock climb HMs will do this same thing!?

What do you think?
    I'm so used to it, that it will be weird. I still can't get over the fact that the pokes are animated, and wouldn't it looked odd if the sprite looked like your poke? (i mean size comparison :p)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back