• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you be catching any of the Surfing- or Flying-Pikachu in the Yellow Forest?

Which Pikachu do you think you'll be aiming to catch?

• Flying Pikachu

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Normal, non-Flying, non-Surfing Pikachu

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • None. Don't intend to get the course.

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I have some of the surfing and flying pikachus. As of now, I have 6 surfing pikachus and 2 flying ones. : U I hope to get more.

Years
    I made the mistake of catching 3 Pikachu thinking one of them would know Surf/Fly. Then I found out I had to have 10000 steps to even have a chance for that(it always has annoyed me that the PokeWalker resets the step counter everyday). As awesome as it would be to have one of those things. I'm not walking that much in one day just for a Pikachu, no matter if it can fly, swim, or breakdance >_>;

Years
    I have been trying for the past few days to get a Surfing or Flying Pikachu. The rarest of the Pikachus I have captured is one that knows Flail.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    I made the mistake of catching 3 Pikachu thinking one of them would know Surf/Fly. Then I found out I had to have 10000 steps to even have a chance for that(it always has annoyed me that the PokeWalker resets the step counter everyday). As awesome as it would be to have one of those things. I'm not walking that much in one day just for a Pikachu, no matter if it can fly, swim, or breakdance >_>;

The biggest misconception is that the pokewalker is a pedometer.

It is not.

1 step in pokewalker is not 1 step in real life.

The way it records is more like "as long as constant motion is registered you gain about 2 steps per second" In a normal walking day you'll get almost 20 thousand points or more.

Grab your pokewalker, and move up and down slowly almost in like a wavelike manner, it wont count anything, and then after a while when motion is constant, or when you stop, it will register for how long the motion was on.

Sad to disappoint all those that wanted to use the pokewalker as a fitness thing like pedometers xD

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    FINALLY managed to catch one of the !!! Pikachu. Checked it when I transferred it over, and it was of the Flying variety. :3 I'm happy. I want a surfer still, though. Once I have that, I'll have one of each kind~

- Tyros

PunkySTAR

* Insert Witty Comment Here *
    Years
    I got the yellow forest on the 2nd and still haven't been able to find a flying/surf Pika. mostly I'm just collecting Male Lv10's.

What do I do with all these extra Pikachus? what are you guys doing with yours?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    10.000 + steps is lolfail ...

Maybe I'll try . I'm getting Yellow Forest tomorrow (kind dad has kind neighbour who lets me use Wi-Fi ! :D ) and I'll try strapping it on a washing machine for the sole Surfer and Flyer Pikachu . If not, I'll take an extra long road on the country road . I got 7000 + steps from just making it once, so twice would get me 14.000 - 15.000 steps ...

I don't even have a total of 14.000 steps >_< I got the game last Friday, sooo ... >__>

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    got the yellow forest route 2 days ago. first day i didnt do anything with it, but yesterday i made an effort to get some good stuff from it. i put my oddish onto it, and over the day, i accumulated around 30000 steps (mostly from shaking the darn thing up and down watching TV - ive tried the fan method, it didnt work)
    spending every single watt i had, i only encountered maybe 8 !! pikas, and no !!!. several of these i KOd due to unlucky critical hits. managed to catch 3 in the end. when i checked i had 2 surfers and a volt tackle pika! also managed to get 4 or 5 miricle seeds, a thunderstone, light ball and a big root.
    trying again today! got 15000 steps already and i aint used a single watt yet!

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    I collect Pikachu. On my platinum i have every event pikachu. On my heart gold (the pokemon game i am currenly working my way through) i already have half a box full :D and most of them are from this course which is why i am so happy nintendo made this possible.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    haha, am I the only one who already GOT a surfing Pikachu from the pokewalker? I think I want a Flying one too, though I don't really need to.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have no Flying or Surfing Pikachu... I can only get up to Group B before a battle.

Back