• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windowed vs. Tabbed

Tabbed or Windowed?

• Total voters

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
  • enyce said:
    MSN plus is evil....

I use AIM more though...
    Hm those two are BOTH evil. AIM being MORE evil. Although Microsoft IS owned by the Antichrist. :p

I prefer tabbed. I'm using it right now. Convienience. Firefox rulz. :p

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Tabbed pages is the best. My taskbar space seems to get eaten up easily, so tabbed pages really helps me to save space on my taskbar. Not to mention it looks neater.

For those of you who have XP and still use numerous windows instead of tabbing, there are plenty of browsers you can download. You don't need to stick with IE. ^^
    Firefox is one of them. Another one I frequently use is Opera (not as good). Heck, even AOL's browser has tabbed browsing now (though I wouldn't recommend AOL).

valerauko

Cutting Moon
    Years
  • i also like tabbed a lot better... it'd be a nightmare to find the needed browser window on the tray between all other progs...

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Tabbed.

I just think that it's more organized, started using FireFox about a year ago and tabbed browsing has been a blessing. Ctrl+T!!

Chaos

Tabbed browsing, always. I force all my browsers to contain themselves to one window. ;) Even links set for a target like _blank get sent to either a new tab or just reuse the current one.

For anything other than browsing, I often use tabs, but not always. I prefer my text editors to be multiple windows, for example, but I haven't played with Vim's (v.7) tabs yet.

Years
  • Tabbed. Definatly.

I've always been annoyed with having so many windows open. The tabs allow me to go onto all my favorite websites almost at once. It also makes it a lot easier to switch webpages.

It seems like all web browsers are having tabs now. o_o; The latest version of IE even has tabs...

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • Yep. Tabbed browising. Before they made the windows into groups (all the IEs a a different thing on its own) I'd use to have to look through my entire taskbar for my emulator whenever I finished reading some strategy guide. That's the one reason why I run Firefox (or Bon Echo, the Alpha 2 of Firefox 2 which I'm running right now because I want to be famous and find a bug for Mozilla)

Back