• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winds of new beginning flow

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024

No I'm not re-spriting Johto (I never even completed Sinnoh!)

I wanted to give it a try as its one of my favourite towns. Dissapointed with their Sinnoh clone trees though, I wanted pine trees.

I will complete it once further is shown, and of course it will be for public use if anyone wants it (there's always someone.)

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Kyledove did you use the original Hg & SS colors or your colors I can't tell
    Anyways they look ok not your best work
    First of all the tree's look like they are connected but they would look better if they did overlap
    Secound the lab looks good but the right structure conected to the house looks really weird looking and kinda looks like a bridge....
    Finaly you should use your colors (Your colors in my opinion look much better then the original colors)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Kyledove did you use the original Hg & SS colors or your colors I can't tell
    Anyways they look ok not your best work
    First of all the tree's look like they are connected but they would look better if they did overlap
    Secound the lab looks good but the right structure conected to the house looks really weird looking and kinda looks like a bridge....
    Finaly you should use your colors (Your colors in my opinion look much better then the original colors)

The structure to the right is stairs if I'm not mistaken.

Like Robo said, the trees are a tad close knit imo, maybe a tiny bit more spacing?

I gotta say though, I'm really liking the attention to detail you add to your tiles.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    The trees should not overlap as they are being looked at from a centered bird's eye view.
    They would only overlap if you were looking at them from an angled view, like the 3D games.

Also personal preference I prefer them that way, so it wont be changing.

Thanks and yeah those are the stairs.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I really like the way Elm's lab looks. It's really nice. And I prefer the style also, so I like it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    The lab looks great and its really inspiring to see you working on something new- I'l lkeep my fingers crossed you do this for the other screenshots that inspire you from HS/SS.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
    Does this mean you are abandoning Sinnoh to do Johto?
    I think the tiles are great, and i don't think that you will get InMooseWeTrust moaning about the 'wrong angles' on these ones.
    My only bad points are that the shadow of the wind turbine isn't very well fades, and the shadows of the blue things next to the stairs on the house are different to the other shadows.
    But kudos for once again bringing in great new tiles in to use.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I completely forgot that Johto had those Pine Trees! Those were so cool! The windows have very nice 'shines' and the shading is superb. However, the shadow on the left of the lab looks off, I think it would look better if you made it go all the way to the back of the lab.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Great, Kyledove! I'm glad you're trying to recreate this early screenshot! Also, I'm glad that you're putting this into a centered bird's eye view, instead of in the overlapping and messy 3D view. You should make a tileset with this, but I'm not rushing you.

By the way, I know it's personal reference, but how about you make two separate versions? Your own and this one?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    this looks great I'm glad to see you saturate some of your work! The trees would look better if they overlaped and the door on the house looks kind of weird... but aside from That I see no problems and it all looks great!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    The trees would look better if they overlaped and the door on the house looks kind of weird... but aside from That I see no problems and it all looks great!
    Like Kyledove said, the trees don't overlap because it is a centered bird's eye view. When in 3D (like when playing Diamond and Pearl), the trees automatically overlap eachother. Also, yeah, I noticed that the door on Elm's Lab looks strange. I think it's the window that seems too large.

I can't wait to see what else you have in store, Kyle.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Does this mean you are abandoning Sinnoh to do Johto?
    I think the tiles are great, and i don't think that you will get InMooseWeTrust moaning about the 'wrong angles' on these ones.
    My only bad points are that the shadow of the wind turbine isn't very well fades, and the shadows of the blue things next to the stairs on the house are different to the other shadows.
    But kudos for once again bringing in great new tiles in to use.

Thanks for all the support! I dont think I'll be doing johto, but its a nice change. Ill probably go back and do platinum later or something haha.

And yeah for some reason, the shadows of the blue things are darker than the other ones in the screenshot too, I was trying to stay true to the screenshot. (windturbine shadow too)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Like Kyledove said, the trees don't overlap because it is a centered bird's eye view. When in 3D (like when playing Diamond and Pearl), the trees automatically overlap eachother. Also, yeah, I noticed that the door on Elm's Lab looks strange. I think it's the window that seems too large.

I can't wait to see what else you have in store, Kyle.

They could be an inch in front of each other. not a big enough difference to make it a tile, (or even a pixel) yet with tree overlaps you could make that possible to tell. anyway it's up to kyle not me.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Thought I'd go all the way and try to guess the rest of the map

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    WOW! Those are really good! Really something opposite of D/P.:D
    And...guess I'm gonna start the topic:
    Can I please use them? I know you said they're public, and that someone would want them:D

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    these are great. I cant beileve you havent gotten more posts on this thread. Btw how long did it take you to make these?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I think that the part on the right of the lab is supposed to be like Rowans lab in DP.
    I think that you did a great on the tiles.

Back