• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Winter's Cold Edge (R)

Scarecrow62

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2011
    Title: Winters Cold Edge
    Rating: R (eventual alcohol reference/ use)
    Shipping Pairs: Explained in paragraph below

Hey there pokecommunity! This is my first ever fic, its already finished, and is up on the Serebii forums. i wrote this a while ago, and havent gotten back to pokemon fan fics in a while, but hopefully reposting this will get me back into it, well hope you like it, here goes nothing!

[edit] whoops, i guess in my efffort to change the above to fit pc, i forgot to talk about the shipping pairs, Riley, main character, is the name i have given to the male player character from HGSS in my opinion, hes a good frind of ash, he is paired with lyra, the female character form HGSS who was actually featured in the anime, the other main pair is pokeshipping, contestshipping is also referenced, woohoo. Done.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHAPTER 1: Gathering the Elements of Surprise

"You're Kidding!" Riley exclaimed over the phone. "You're gonna be in town?" He mouthed the words "Shut your mouth" over to Ash who was sitting on the other end of the couch. He was persistent in asking who was on the other end of the line.

"Riley!"

"Can you hold on a second? Thanks" Riley placed his hand over the mouthpiece of the phone, "What do you want?!"

"Who is on the phone?" Ash replied.

"Why do you care?" Riley sarcastically scoffed back at him, "Think its your girlfriend or something?"

"Well God knows it isn't yours!" Ash fired back, that last comment really got to him.

"Oh cool your temper kid, you and I both know that yours is downstairs," Riley bursted into laughter, he was proud of himself for that one.

"MISTY IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!" Ash exploded.

"Woah woah, Ash, I'm kidding, chill out." Riley attempted to calm him, surprisingly it worked this time.

"Okay, sorry." Ash replied, "Ya gonna tell me who's on the phone now?"

"Yeah, it's Drew," Riley explained, "He said that they couldn't make it into New Bark tonight because of the snow, but they will be here tomorrow."

"Oh, I see," Ash had a puzzled look on his face, "Who's they?"

"Oh he's with-" Riley stopped and thought, "To tell ya the truth Ash, he never told me."

"Well put him on speaker," Ash turned his hat around, "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this."

Riley pushed the speaker button on his Pokegear.

"Hey Drew! It's Ash!"

"Hey Ash! How's it goin?"

"Never mind that," Ash started, "Who are you with?"

"Oh, May," Drew explained in loud sarcastic tone to make sure that both the guys and May could hear him, "The poor kid couldn't get her own plane ticket, so I had to bring her along with me, lucky for her I had an extra."

May could be heard in the background behind Drew, "I COULD HAVE COME BY MYSELF IF YOU DIDN'T BUY THE LAST TWO TICKETS YOU MORON! ITS ALMOST LIKE YOU PLANNED FOR ME TO COME WITH YOU, OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT TWO TICKETS!!"

"The second one was for my cousin, who bailed on me at the last minute, I was planning on hooking her up with Brock!" Drew yelled back at May in one of his mighty tones that he used to make May feel inferior, only to anger her more.

"WHATEVER!" a small girlish yell came from the phone.
    Ash and Riley looked at each other with the same glance, they both knew why Drew actually bought that ticket.

"Hey Drew," Riley began, "We will talk to ya later we gotta go help set up the party."

"Alright Riles, talk to ya soon, you too Ash."

"See ya Drew," Ash said as he laid back on the couch. Riley closed up the phone and took a look around the room.

They were sitting in a blue room, containing a small couch, a desk with a PC and a chair, and a bed covered in yellow, Marill polka-dotted blankets.

Riley stood up, "C'mon Ash, they need us in the basement."

"Alright fine," Ash Groaned, "But I don't see why we are here at 5 when she's not even getting into town till like midnight."

"How did you figure that?" Riley questioned.

"Well," Ash began, trying to sound intelligent, "Her mom took her to go see a play in Violet City, it takes at least two and a half hours to get there, they left at four."

As ash continued to speak Riley tabbed the times with his fingers, before adding them up.

"Then," Ash continued, "They were going to have dinner, that's another hour, then the play is another two, and two and a half more to get home. That's how I figure. How about that?" Ash finished confidently.

Riley finished counting, "OH MY GOD!"

"What?" Ash inquired.

"You are actually right!" Riley was super surprised, "That's friggin amazing!"

"You expected me to be wrong?"

"Quite frankly," Riley stopped, and poised himself to run away as soon as he finished his next sentence, "Yeah! You're never right!" Riley bolted.

"YOU PUNK!" Ash yelled as Riley tore down the stairs.

Ash followed Riley into the living room of the house, but stopped before he entered the basement. He stuck his nose into the air and took in a huge whiff of the scent that was floating around him.

"What is that?" Ash asked delightedly.

"Lyra's dad is making his own homemade salsa for the party tonight," Riley explained, "Its delicious."

Riley went down the steps that led to the basement, he opened the door to reveal the sound of pop music, and several girls giggling.

"What's so funny?" Riley inquired.

"Oh," Misty began, "Nothing." She turned to the other girls who replied to her with a giggle.

Riley walked over to a purple haired girl on a step ladder, hanging a homemade sign that read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYRA!" Without warning Riley grabbed the step ladder and began to shake it.

"What's so funny, Anabel?" Riley asked as he shook the girl's only form of support.

"Riley!!!!" She shrieked, "That is sooooo not funny!" She stepped down from the ladder and knocked his hat off of his head, "There's no way I'm telling you what we were laughing at!"

"Chill out," Riley was again calming someone he had ticked off, "You gotta remember though, Lyra has never met you, and I could definitely give you a bad rep."

"You wouldn't do that," She scoffed back, "I'm too nice too you, and you know it."

"Yeah, Whatever." Riley grabbed some decorations and began putting them up.

Ash entered the room still dazed from the smell of the salsa. He looked around; blue balloons, yellow streamers, all the regular decorations for a party. The thing he wondered most was why were he and Riley the only two guys at the decoration.

Then he remembered, "Oh yeah, Riley and Lyra are best friends, and I'm the sucker who decided to be Riley's other best friend."

He looked them all over, they were regular acquaintances of his. Dawn, Duplica, Anabel, and Iris, his newest friend. Then there were the ones from town he didn't know, and then there was Lauren, the receptionist at Elm's lab, he vaguely knew her. The last girl to catch his eye caught his attention most. Misty, for some reason he couldn't stop looking at her, she wasn't wearing anything different, she was just herself, but he still couldn't take his eyes off of her today.

Riley noticed Ash's stare and went over to rescue him from the trance that could get him in trouble, "Hey Ash, whatcha lookin at?"

"Oh, Nothing," Ash shook his head and snapped out of it.

"Okay, Whatever" Riley was not convinced, he knew exactly what Ash was looking at, "Help me hang these lights, before she notices that you're staring at her body." Riley chuckled.

"Oh, shut up," Ash was now angry and all of his attention left the redhead, "I was wondering if she had colored her hair is all."

"Dude," Riley saw straight through Ash's excuse, "It's been the same red for 4 years now."

"Whatever," Ash scoffed, "Just hand me the lights."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is, chapter one. I hope it's as fun for you to read as it was for me to write. The next chapter entails the start of the party, and all of its shenanigans!
    Until next time!

Last edited:
    Back