• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Wireless Adapter question

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2004
    i wanted to know that what is the range of it i think it's longer than you think tho but i don think it's internet.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I would love for it to have a huge range, I could play my Naibor Late at night XD, and if its a super long range like the entire city there could be endless tournements, Bunches of fun!

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
  • Shinin4000 said:
    I have a question about the wireless adapter (obviously):
    Can u use the wireless adapter over the internet or just over the 5 or whatever foot range?

I doubt will connect over the internet

It goes up to 16 ft long I think

In the future, there might be linkcable that connects to the Internet.
    But, where are they going to find the server to do it?

Years
  • lol umm yes thats still nothing, how many of people have friends within 2 blocks, i mean i dont even have friends that play the game. they just need pokemon online.
    other then that dont waste money on the wireless adapter. i dont see it worth it.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • the only friend i have that plays pokemon (rarely) are my friend and his brother, but they live on the other side of my smallish town. And there's someone I know who does but i don't know where they live.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • A Motorola spokesperson said the the range of the device varies. For example, if you are inside with several barriers that could possibly be in the way of the device, its range is around 10 metres. However, in more open areas, the device has a larger range: up to 30 metres. Thus, you would not be able to use the device to connect to players in other houses, et cetera, since the house itself would be classified as a "barrier," which would decrease the adapter's range. (The Motorola spokesperson described this quite a while ago, so correct me if any changes have been made since then.)

I do not believe that the device will always deliver a range of 30 metres -- it's likely the advertised maximum range. Compare this to your CD-writer: when you bought it, it may have said that it had a certain writing speed, but that's the maximum writing speed. That doesn't mean that your CD-writer will always write at that speed. Similarly, the advertised 30 metres of the wireless adapter doesn't mean that it will always be able to connect at that distance -- it may connect at that distance under optimal conditions, but normally, the device will likely not exceed 10 or 15 metres.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, the Wavebird was supposed to operate at only 10 metres, but I can use it 2 rooms away, and that's at least 20 metres. I know metric (UK people only need to know imperial for weight and long distances such as miles), and 30 metres isn't that much compared to what people think it is. It's about the perimeter of an ordinary house... well, my house at least. Anyways, I'm sure it will work fine, since you're not exactly going to be using it 30 metres away are you?

~ MCD

Back