• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worlds Away

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
Years
  • *is looking for his jaw* Only the fourth time that's happened...

Y'know, I sure am glad I read this.

Explosion of enthusiasm imminent.

THAT WAS FRIGGIN AWESOME!11!!!11!!!!1!1!!<-multiple exclamation marks

I totally enjoyed myself the whole time. You did great in the G/S departments, and your storyline is cool. I can see why I hear about this in other areas.

The R.A.A. personalities are interesting, and I like how you got him to evolve there at the end.

All that aside, I noticed a coupla G/S mistakes, but like the horrible reviewer I've become since I started writing, I can't remember them. Grr... <.<

Anyways, I'll sit here and wait for the next installment. SB
    P.S. AHA!

I finds the problems?
    Chapter 7
    R.A.A., having been shrouded in foliage[] emerged into sight.
    Should be a comma there.

Its entire body covered with a shimmering alloy, R.A.A.?s arms looked like those of a muscular human[] only much less round and more designed.
    Same as above. And how do you mean 'designed'?

They weren?t much thicker than Jack?s arms[] but they packed a lot more power.
    Same as above. This is iffy, it can go either way; however, in the context, it seems better with the comma.
    Charizard let out a ferocious roar[] being fully aware of the situation.
    You know the drill. And I'm curious: how did Char know?

I'm afraid that's all I have the patience for at the moment, I'll try and get back at this later.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Thank you very much for the review!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my story. I'm working on the next chapter, and I hope you'll stay tuned.

Last edited:

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    CHAPTER 14: Where Oh Where Has My Pikachu Gone?!

?What about Pikachu?? The tiny rat leapt up out of the smoke too. Its body had taken on a translucent orange hue allowing its core to be seen as a rapidly revolving ball of electrical energy. Its ears were now long and bordered by black. Its tail was also black and extended into the shape of a lightning bolt at the end that looked just like the emblem on R.R.A.?s* center.

?He turned into some kind of see-through Raichu, Ash.?

?Ha ha ha ha ha ha!? Giovanni leaned back and laughed maniacally. ?Your destruction is at hand!? Large black clouds now began to gather over the whole roof top, blocking the rising sun?s light. Their ominous presence cast an evil umbrage over the whole area. The Revamped Robotic Assistant looked around curiously, studying the atmosphere.

High level ionization of surrounding atmosphere?

The dark clouds thickened over-head and the Raichu started to dance. Balancing on one foot and twirling around in a circle, Raichu?s Rain Dance would?ve looked immensely ridiculous on any other Pokemon besides himself. The clouds began to rumble and then to furiously pour forth millions of drops of water.

?I?m not likin? the looks of this,? Jack said to the kids as he continued to look ahead of him towards the robot and the rat.

?Excellent, Raichu. Now destroy all of them!? Giovanni ordered. At this, Raichu split apart in a burst of flowing electrical energy and began to sporadically move about the roof top, the thunderclouds erratically releasing jolts of electrical energy.

?This was unexpected,? Jack commented. R.R.A. looked around cautiously as the Raichu moved erratically about him in a burst of amorphous current. Unable to discern the Raichu from naturally ionized air particles in the midst of the storm that had been created, R.R.A. would have to rely on his reflexes and nothing else.

Suddenly a burst of lightning shot out of the sky and down towards the ground in front of the three children.

?Ah! That was close,? Misty shrieked, her hair now dripping with the rain that poured down all around them. Before they could completely recover from the shock caused by the first blast?

?high flow of current?

Another bolt of lightning came rushing down towards them, slower than the first and of an orange hue.

?Look out!? Jack shouted. There was no time for them to move and Ash, Misty, and Brock stared up into the face of impending destruction, which smirked as it traveled downwards towards them. With impeccable timing, R.R.A. jettisoned the lightning embossed emblem in the center of his chest outwards and caught it. Charging it with his hands, he then threw it like a discus in the center of the standing children. The emblem released a blast of energy that created a magnetic field, encompassing the children in its invisible protective barrier. The amorphous Raichu hit the barrier and was repelled away from it. He landed on the ground; now back in the form of a Raichu and not of a wandering electrical current. Raichu stared at the robot menacingly, clearly upset that his attack had been interrupted.

Accompanying Music

Raichu?s body began to flicker sporadically and seemingly uncontrollably with electrical charge as it faced the robotic guardian.

?How long will this?thing last?? Misty questioned Jack while staring up in the direction of the invisible magnetic field that had protected them from Raichu?s attack.

Such a large burst of electrical current sprang forth from such a small orange body. It shook the roof top violently as it rapidly approached the robotic guardian.

?immeasurably high current?incoming?force?direction of?

The blast connected with such devastating force that a loud crackling explosion was heard. A large cloud of smoke was picked up as large chunks of debris from the roof top scattered in all directions.

Covering his face from the debris and coughing in the smoke, Giovanni commented "that should take care of that menacing robot and the children." The debris had been hurled mostly in the direction of the youngsters and had surely killed them. Raichu?s sparklingly brilliant cheeks curled up in an evil and triumphant smile. The rain continued to fall.

Complete victory had escaped them yet, however. R.R.A. having clenched his electrically charged fists, had formed a magnetic field barrier around himself to oppose the force of Raichu?s electric current. The robot had merely allowed itself to be pushed back whilst allowing the barrier to take the brunt of the attack. Now in mid air a considerable distance from the storm-cloud-engulfed roof top, R.R.A. was helplessly falling to the ground.

?Assessing situation?assessing systems????...calculating?

The debris landed harmlessly around Jack and the children. No one was harmed. The Book had once again been re-written by Jack to save the children. And now, as the dust which resulted from Raichu?s last devastating attack settled and the smoke cleared, only a pair of unnaturally luminous blue eyes shown through and soon three huddling but safe children. Raichu?s grin erased, it snarled at them. Giovanni stared on in disbelief as Ash and his friends Misty and Brock now stood alongside Jack, the controller of destiny.

(Pause Music)

The emergency lights flickered on in the small cell and throughout the many hallways of the Team Rocket headquarters. Professor Oak picked up his head off of the small table that lay in the center of his confinement. His gray hair had taken on certain characteristics of a mane as it was now rough and out of place. He had suffered much questioning and endless, mind-numbing torture at the hands of Giovanni. He couldn?t tell them the secret of Hyper-chu?s creation though. Now, as the building shook periodically and the power went out, the flickering emergency lights had become flickering rays of hope. The electronic cell door had been damaged by the shaking force of the battle overhead and the temporary power outage had rendered it useless.

?Uh,? Oak uttered faintly as he struggled to his feet and began to advance towards the door. His hands cuffed, he carefully pushed the cell door with both palms simultaneously. He knew the amount of force it would take but his arms seemed not to comply with his calculating mind. He hadn?t been fed regularly and his strength was waning. He pushed at the door even harder now, beads of sweat forming and then slowly descending the span of his tired and age-worn face. The stains of salty tears now encrusted themselves around once jovially radiant cheeks as the Professor continued to struggle against the door. It opened with a crash to the floor. Exiting the room sluggishly but determinedly, the Professor began to make his way down a series of now empty corridors. Apparently, most Rockets had evacuated the building to either see what was happening outside or to simply preserve their lives from the devastating force being delivered to the building.

(Resume)

?Still alive? How is that even possible?? Giovanni once again exhorted his electric means of destruction to attack. The Raichu began again to flicker with spontaneously and sporadically discharging bursts of electrical energy. It was preparing to turn itself into a free-flowing current once again. The Raichu?s body lost all definite shape and was now in the amorphous appearance he had taken on before.

?Increasing speed accordingly?threat imminent?first priority?protect?

R.R.A.'s system had been upgraded by his evolution. He now relied on magnetic disrupters to propel himself through the air. A controlled flow of circulating electrons created fields of varying intensity that reacted with particles in the air to propel him forward. Evolution had been a good thing for R.R.A. in other ways too...

Current form Raichu now exploded forward towards the children like a quickly moving bolt of lightning. Just as their high-voltage fate would?ve seemed to be sealed, a robotic guardian lunged in front of them from the air around the roof top of the building.

?But how did he???

...measuring current?adjusting resistance accordingly?

A long metal spike, kinda like a horizantally-riented lightning rod, emerged from the gulf in R.R.A.?s chest that had once been covered by the lightning emblem. Two more metal spikes instantaneously emerged from the bottom of his two feet as well, grounding themselves as they dug into the roof top. Feet planted firm, the robot braced itself as the charging mass of pure electrical current impacted. The Raichu did just as calculated though. It moved, just as a current would, through the spike and down through R.R.A.?s legs and through his feet. R.R.A. had increased the resistance of the rest of his body so that only one path for the free-flowing Raichu current existed. It had no choice but to follow the path of least resistance which led to the roof top. The Raichu traveled down the building as a current seeking ground and eventually into the ground, that endless reservoir of electrons.

(Cut Music)

?What just happened?!? Giovanni questioned forcefully and fearfully.

?Your Raichu?s ability to turn itself into a free-flowing, flying electric current actually worked in our favor. My robotic guardian here just adapted its body to become a path of low resistance leading to the ground. When presented with such a path your Raichu, following the nature of electrical currents, couldn?t resist but be led down into the ground. Must be a skill he gained after evolving. Heh.? Jack smirked slightly, facing Giovanni with his back turned to the children.

A sniffle and a muffled cry caused Jack to turn around and face Ash. He looked down at the ten-year-old boy whose eyes were now cloudy with sadness manifested as small droplets of water.

?What?s wrong?? Jack asked. Hesitating, he then bent down on one knee so that he could look into the young boy?s face.

?Your robot just destroyed my Pikachu.? Misty now put her arm around Ash and tried her best to console him.

?Ash, it?ll be okay??

?No it won?t!? he interjected,now standing up. He rushed off to the side of the building where the elevator lay. Ironically the storm clouds that had been created by Raichu?s rain dance now slowly dissipated as scintillating beams of the sun?s light peaked through to the roof top?s surface.

?Jack, look at what you?ve done,? Misty calmly exhorted. She and Brock got up to go after Ash.

Accompanying Music

?Our biggest catch yet and now this!? Meowth shouted contemptibly to his audience, Jessie and James.

?We were just becoming the go-getters that the boss had always wanted us to be and now the Rocket base has been mostly destroyed? James remarked regrettably. The three villains sat in a tree in a forest not too far from the devastated Rocket headquarters. Noon had come and with it also a gentle breeze and another hair-brained scheme.

?We don?t need no stinkin? buildin? to tell us we?re a team!? Meowth remarked. ?Weeze can still be the best crooks there ever was!? Jessie and James perked up, wanting to hear what Meowth proposed they should do.

?Go on!? they urged simultaneously.

?If we capture that Jack?s Pokemon, we?ll be the most equipped low-lifes that ever lived! Then we won?t need no building or no Rocket name. We?ll be our own group??

??like legitimate, self-made criminals!? James said triumphantly.

?Before we celebrate, how do you propose to capture a Pokemon that strong?? the skeptical Jessie questioned.

?Oh I?ve got it all woiked out?Just trust me?? With that final remark, Jessie, James, and Meowth contrived a plan that would ultimately be their biggest yet.

---------------------------------------

dunh dunh dunh dunh...duuuuunnnhhhh! What's going to happen?! I got some good stuff in the works for chapter 15. Hopefully you all felt this one was entertaining. Please point out its faults so I can improve. Thanks to all those that will review and have reviewed so far. I wouldn't do it without you all! Thanks.

*Thanks to Riaf for the suggested name.

Last edited:

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Covering his face from the debris and coughing in the smoke, Giovanni commented ?that should take care of that menacing robot and the children. The debris had been hurled mostly in the direction of the youngsters and had surely killed them.

You're missing a quotation mark here.

The blast connected with such devastating force that a loud and deafening crackling explosion was heard.
    Both mean almost the same thing.

Sorry I can't get more, I only have time to do a quick review.

This was, as normal, an exciting chapter. *twitch* It's interesting to see how you've got Jack becoming semi-godlike in appearance whenever he rewrites teh book, which makes for a more interesting story.

I like the last part, I don't know why. Maybe it's because Ashy finally gets to experience real life.

Well, another wonderful review by me and I'm off.

╬ SilverBlaze09 ╬

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    CHAPTER 15: OUT OF TIME AND SPACE

?Assessing structural integrity?

Ash stopped in front of the elevator door as the floor beneath him began to tremble. Running out to join his friends again, he shouted for Jack to do something.

?The building?s gonna collapse!? Brock assessed.

?Why?!? Misty questioned, scared and confused.

?That massive amount of current??

??You mean my Pikachu??

??Yes, your Peeky-chew passed through the building as an electrical current. The current must have been large enough to cause considerable damage to its medium. This building?s comin? down.?

The building began to slowly crackle and rumble. Its concrete supports began to buckle as the compromised structure began to crumble in on itself. Atop the falling Team Rocket base, all four of them; Jack, Ash, Misty, and Brock began to think about what could be done.

?Jack, can?t your Pokemon do something about this?? Misty pleaded.

Jack turned his focus towards his robot. ?Well, any tricks up your sleeve??

??Processing??

?We?re not really in a position to wait for a long time? Jack commented. Just as he did the roof top began to rapidly approach the ground as the rest of the building crumbled beneath it. Upon impacting the ground, each of them would surely die.

??Plan of action confirmed??

R.R.A. lifted its head and quickly scanned all four of their bodies.

?calculating mass?calculating force?calculating time?calculating speed?calculating?scanning surroundings?execute?

The robot?s lightning-fast brain had calculated the perfect plan in seconds. Now it grabbed Jack under the arms and quickly lifted him off of the slowly falling roof. Using his magnetic field generators to propel himself through the air, R.R.A. quickly sped towards the ground and then let Jack go, dropping him into a tree. Speeding back upwards, it grabbed Misty next and followed the same procedure. Misty was grateful for her minor tree-limb-induced scratches as she stared at the building which was now more quickly approaching the ground. R.R.A grabbed both Ash and Brock on his final trip up to the roof top. Lifting them more slowly than he had the others, he rescued them from the impending death trap.

The massive, fifty story building finally came to a rest on the ground. With it a large cloud of dust and debris spread out about the entire isolated area. The force of the dust cloud pushed all four of the rescued people to the ground.

?tragedy aveted?

Standing up with dust covering his entire body, Jack brushed his black pants off and ran his hands through his hair creating a small dust cloud of his own.

?Good work robot,? the dimensional traveler remarked. Misty rose to her feet as well, speckles of dust now filtered throughout her fiery hair.

?Yeah, I guess?? she trailed off contemplatively and in a melancholy tone.

The dawn had turned fully into day and the bright sun now shown through the foliage of the wooded area that they occupied. A small breeze whipped by them all and slightly rustled their clothing as each remained silent. Misty shivered slightly as her short-sleeved yellow shirt failed to protect her from the chilly air. The leaves waved in the breeze and some slowly fell to the ground. Autumn had begun and the once-green foliage had taken on all manner of orange hue. Now in the heart of such a beautiful spectacle as colored trees in autumn, contemplative silence induced by sadness was the pervading atmosphere amongst the four. Ash had not spoken since the incident and still hung his head low.

?Look kid, I?m sorry about what happened to your rat. There was no other way though. Don?t you understand that if he didn?t die, you would?ve?? Jack said, ?In fact, I?ve seen a Pokemon just like that one in the forest I arrived in. We can go there and get you another one if that?s what you?? Jack was interrupted as Ash charged into him, tackling him to the ground.

?Your robot killed my Pikachu!? The kid screamed as he punched Jack in the face as hard as he could. His red and white hat flew off of his head and onto the leaf-covered base of the forest. Jack grabbed the twelve-year-old by the shoulders and pushed him backwards and to the ground. The leaves crunched restlessly beneath him. Ash stood up again ready to fight.

?Listen kid, fighting me is gonna get you nowhere,? Jack said, now standing up. Ash again charged at him, fists swinging. Tears began to well up in the boy?s eyes as Jack simply grabbed his arms and rendered him immobile.

?Let me go! I?ll kill you!? Ash screamed. Misty and Brock simply looked on in amazement.

?Ash, stop it. Fighting Jack won?t bring your Pikachu back.? In response to Misty?s voice Ash did the opposite. He raised his foot and kicked Jack in the stomach, freeing himself from his grasp.

?Alright kid, that?s enough. I understand you?re angry but?? Ash had once again begun to run towards Jack with fists wildly swinging. R.R.A. rushed to stand in-between he and Jack and Ash accidentally slammed one of his fists into R.R.A.?s tough metallic exterior.

?Ahhhhh!? He whined as blood from his knuckles seeped out and onto the robot?s exterior. Grasping his right hand tightly, the young trainer backed away and then flopped down on the ground.

?Sis, are you alright?? Samantha asked as Sarah hopped into the passenger seat of her car.

?I sure am. The rescue team got me out of that building with barely a scratch on me. I just hope Jack is okay. I?m not sure if I dreamed this or not but a shining star Pokemon attacked him while we were trapped. I don?t remember anything after that until I woke up in a hospital bed with a breathing mask on.?

?That?s interesting,? Samantha commented as she turned the key to start the car. The maroon, dome-shaped car rumbled and shook with life as they began to back out of the parking space in the hospital lot. ?The nurses said that some strange-looking man with a black wool over-shirt carried me into the emergency room and then disappeared. I?m just thankful that someone saved me.? All of a sudden, Sarah and Samantha could feel their car being pulled upwards by a strange force.

?What?s going on?!? Sarah shouted as she grabbed onto the door handle on the passenger?s side of the vehicle.

The answer came from above in an oddly-shaped hot-air balloon.

?Prepare for trouble, Sarah?s in a tight situation.?

?Make it double, her capture will aid our plans of world domination.?

?To protect the world from being without thieves.?

?To accomplish our goals by whatever means.?

?Jessie.?

?James.?

?Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.?

?Surrender now or prepare to fight.?

?Meowth, that?s right!?

The parking lot teemed with screaming patients who now fled their vehicles to run inside the hospital. Samantha?s buggy had been completely attached to the bottom of the basket by a large magnet. Two propellers on either side of the balloon?s basket helped support the extra weight and also created a vortex of wind down below it. The balloon rose up and floated off, two screaming passengers with it.

?Maybe you should just go Jack,? Misty said.

?She?s right, we appreciate you saving us but Ash needs time away from you.? With this, Brock and Misty simply stared at Jack in a semi-threatening way. After a moment, another breeze whisked past both of them, being stronger and more unnatural than the first. The breeze did not settle and was soon accompanied by?

?Prepare for Trouble, your girlfriend?s life is in our hands.?

?Make it double, or she?ll end up without a chance.?

?To protect this girl, he?d probably do anything.?

?To again unite, he?d put up no fight.?

?Jessie.?

?James.?

?Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.?

?Surrender now or prepare to fight fight fight.?

?Meowth, that?s right.?

Above their heads loomed the massive Team Rocket balloon. Shaped like a Mewoth?s head and having two large-engine propellers on either side of it creating a whirlwind below it, the basket had a cage hanging from its bottom. In it stood Sarah, grasping the metal bars of her confinement and screaming.

?Help me!? She shouted to the ground below.

Jack looked upwards in determination. The wind pushing him from all directions, all but his focus was swayed. Then, a strange beeping noise emanated from R.R.A.

??Beginning countdown until portal re-opening?12 minutes, 45 seconds left??

Like a pinching wake-up call from a dream, the robot?s words alarmed Jack. Had he forgotten that as he was ?not from around here?? he would eventually have to return to his place of origin? Seven days had come and gone in seemingly an instant and now, as an evil villain threatened the life of a girl he had come to love, as a young Pokemon trainer mourned the loss of a beloved friend, and as the Book of Destiny had recently fallen into his control, it all seemed to be too much. Did he have time to save Sarah? Was living the rest of his life without all he had known before worth preserving the life of one he had known for such a small period of time? The answer was not simple. As the orange and red leaves erratically and quickly fluttered about him in the propeller-induced wind vortex, Jack?s mind contemplated in like manner. All facets of the situation swirled in his mind until one thing was sure; Sarah?s life was worth it.

??12 minutes, 40 seconds left??

The balloon began to slowly move away from directly above him and Jack continued to look up towards it. Ash and Misty had been floored by the excessively forceful blast of wind coming from Team Rocket?s blade-propelled balloon.

?Jack, we?ll help you in whatever way we can,? Brock said. His green vest flapped violently in the wind but the focus in his face remained constant.

??12 minutes, 30 seconds left??

?Give us the robot and she?ll be fine!? Meowth shouted to the spectators below.

?So that?s what this is about?You want the robot? You can have it!? Jack shouted. He turned his eyes to R.R.A. ?Go get ?em!? With a burst of upward force, R.R.A. flew upwards towards the balloon with an extreme speed of un-paralleled magnitude.

?Here it comes!? James shouted. ?It doesn?t look like it?s a peaceful transaction!? Dozens of small, pencil-sized missiles launched simultaneously from small openings in the robot?s front. Just as they began to converge into one magnanimous blast of explosive force, a blue pillar appeared in front of the balloon having a black tail and crooked mouth.

Accompanying Music

?Wobbuffet!? it shouted as it glowed bright cobalt and absorbed the blast of the missiles. It then released a reflection of the attack in the form of an equal number of small pencil-sized blasts with double the amount of power of R.R.A.?s missiles. The robot quickly dodged back and forth, gracefully gliding on the air, to avoid being hit with his reflected attack. One reflected missile made contact with him however, and the robot?s right shoulder began to spark as it was damaged considerably.

?We got ?em!? Meowth shouted.

?We don?t want him damaged anymore!? Jessie shouted, scolding Wobbuffet. R.R.A., now flying alongside Team Rocket?s balloon turned its focus towards the girl in the cage. It began to charge a small ball of electrical energy focused in the center of its charged hands. It then flew back from the balloon and released the ball of energy at a chain link which connected the cage to the balloon. The ball of electrical energy was slowly approaching when Jessie and James lowered the balloon. Wobbuffet now stood in the way of the attack and again glowed a luminous cobalt hue and absorbed the blast.

?Go Arbok!? Jessie shouted releasing the poisonous purple cobra from its ball in a flash of brilliantly shining white light. ?Poison sting!? The cobra released an innumerable amount of small, prickly and poisonous spikes towards the foe.

?calculating amount of energy needed?plan of action confirmed?

The robot, in response, created a wall of low-intensity electric power to oppose and destroy the many poisonous spikes dealt by the enemy?s Pokemon. Each of the small spikes being destroyed, the wall of electrical energy continued to advance towards Team Rocket?s balloon.

?Incoming attack!? James shouted.

?Wobuffet!? With this battle cry, Jessie?s Wobuffet released its stored energy from R.R.A.?s previous attack in the form of a wall of pure energy opposing the plane of electric energy coming from the robot. The two attacks met and exploded in a cloud of smoke.

?We stopped his attack!? Sarah held onto the bars of the cage even more tightly now as the force of the attacks had caused the cage to sway back and forth rather quickly. From the smoke produced emerged the tenacious robotic guardian with a speed that contorted the cloud of smoke and caused it to trail behind him. Fists prepared and charged with a surging current, the robot struck the balloon?s left propeller with devastating impact. The propeller sparked and smoked as the balloon tilted to the left now.

?Turn off the other propeller!? James shouted as Meowth complied.

?That crazy Pokemon is gonna kill us!? Jessie screamed. She then pressed a button in the center of the balloon?s basket marked Release. As she did, the cage containing Sarah swiftly accelerated towards the ground.

?Can?t destroy us and save the girl, can you Jack?s Pokemon?? Jessie questioned villainously. Without acknowledging a word Jessie had said, the robot now re-oriented itself and quickly advanced downwards towards the earth to catch up with Sarah. The two falling bodies were far from the ground but also far from each other. Jack could only see them as specs in the distance but he could tell that Sarah?s cage had been released.

?You can do it R.R.A.!? he shouted.

The robot twisted its body into a shape that allowed him to minimize wind resistance and accelerate as much as possible downwards. The gap between the robot and the cage lessened and R.R.A. reached its hand out to grab the edge of the cage. The robot?s right hand latched onto the top of the cage and its magnetic field thrusters boosted it upwards to slow their decent. As the thrusters fired and propelled the robot upwards though, its arm broke off and detached itself from the rest of the robot, having been heavily damaged. The rescue was unsalvageable now as the robot, having propelled himself too far upwards, and the cage, now accelerating towards the ground, grew farther and farther apart.

?Nooooooooooooo!? Jack shouted, closely watching the entire incident. Closing his eyes and focusing his mind, he tried to save Sarah anyway.

Jack caught Sarah?The book scribbled on the present page. Not specifying how he did it, Jack?s thoughts were perfectly translated into reality as manifested by the words appearing on the Book?s current page. Jack opened his eyes to reveal their blinding cerulean light as he looked up to the sky once more.

?I?ve got her,? He said.

?But that?s impossible. Look how far they are away from us and look at how close she is to the grou?? Before Brock could finish his sentence an instantaneous teleportation of Jack?s body occurred. He immediately arrived at the spot on the ground right under Sarah?s cage.

The robot, noticing what was happening now sent a volley of small missiles towards the cage so that Jack would only have to catch the girl. Using a quickly generated magnetic field, R.R.A. accelerated the missiles forward as quickly as possible so that they could reach the cage. They did and the bars of Sarah?s confinement burst apart and now she alone flailed through the air, still rapidly approaching the ground.

(Cut Music)

?Hahahaha, now nobody wins! Oh except us!? Jessie fired a net rope at the now one-armed, unstably-flying robot. R.R.A., having been hit with a considerable amount of force from the capture net?s firing, now slowly spiraled to the ground, a trail of smoke following him.

?Land the balloon so that we can salvage our spoils!? James exhorted exuberantly.

Accompanying Music

?Gotcha!? Sarah?s fallen body flopped into Jack?s arms as he caught her. ?I saved you Sarah,? he said. She did not respond. ?Sarah?? Jack laid her body down in the grass beneath his feet and knelt down beside her. Taking two of his fingers, he checked her chin for a pulse. None. He hung his head over the lifeless form and slowly, tears began to trickle forth from his eyes.

??9 minutes, 02 seconds left?? The captured robot frailly warned.

?Until what?? Team Rocket was slowly landing their balloon in a clearing near where the robot had crashed to the ground. They touched down on the ground and quickly hopped out of the basket.

?You?re coming with us, strange Pokemon!? Reaching into his white over-coat?s pocket, James eventually wrested free a dark violet Pokeball.

?What?! That?s a Master Ball!? Jessie exclaimed, shocked. ?Where?d you get that from?!?

?Don?t worry about it.? James slowly walked towards the robot who continued to spark and smoke from the damage caused to him by the fall and the Wobuffet?s attack. Immobile, trapped in a net, there was not much that R.R.A. could do for itself. As James walked towards the robot, it in vain wrested with the net that bound it. Much power is lost in being without both of its arms. The periodic breaks in the umbrage cast by the forests trees, proved opportune points for the revealing of bright rays of sunlight which now struck James? menacingly contorted visage. He grasped the Master Ball and pressed a button in its center, causing it to expand. As if capturing a Pokemon, James hurled the ball in the direction of R.R.A. and it exploded open in a bright light that engulfed the robotic guardian and confined it. The ball landed on the grassy base of the forest and trembled as it rocked to the left and then to the right. The ball stabilized and the Robotic guardian was captured by Team Rocket.

Jack, quite far away from the scene of his Revamped Robotic Assistant?s capture, still knelt hunched over Sarah?s limp and lifeless body. He touched her face with the back of his hand as the life slowly drained from her body completely. Her flowing auburn hair lay sprawled out chaotically above her head and Jack continued to weep into it.

?We must destroy him!? Jirachi shouted. The golden star Pokemon stared around about himself at the gathering of legendaries. They had all been alerted of the danger that Jack posed and the damage he?d already caused this world. Ho-oh, the flaming mass of multi chromatic colors and legendary phoenix, was present. Latios, the psychic dragon whose azure outer-skin and white under-belly were its signature appearance, was also concerned about the issue as he had lost his psychic abilities when the Book had been taken control of by Jack. The three glorious legendaries descended to the ground in a blinding light that shone of impending doom and destruction for the one who was ?not from around here?.

----------------------------------------

Okay, here?s what you can expect from the next chapter: ?SURPRISES!!! Please give me some feedback?

Seeya!

-Billy5772

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Here it is, the final chapter of Worlds Away

CHAPTER 16A: DON?T DREAM IT?S OVER*

The distressed traveler closed his eyes and contorted his face, forcing thoughts of life and wellness to run through his head.

Sarah lives?No change.

Sarah awoke?No change. A vein in Jack?s forehead pulsated as he struggled to contrive a destiny-altering sentence that would undo this tragedy. Finally, his mind could not re-write this incident no matter how hard he tried and his eyes failed to glow that luminous hue that denoted a successful alteration of the book.

It seemed as if his power over the book had been but a transient ability and that now, when he needed it more than he could express, it was not responding. Why? The tears began to well up in his eyes again as a balmy breeze ran through the forest once again rustling the oblivious leaves about as Jack?s frame of reference was suspended in a state of the utmost sadness.

?Keep trying. Hang on Sarah,? he whispered to the sandy-skinned corpse that lay before him against the emerald grass and fiery hued leaves.

Jack had save Sarah?s life?No change.

?**** it! Why the hell can?t I do it this time?!? Jack punched his fist into the soft earth of the forest?s base. ?Stupid world, stupid Jack,? he pronounced as he wept. Under his black wool over-shirt, Jack still wore his dimensional transfer armor. Immediately beyond this tough exterior though, lay a hurting heart. He now rose to his feet.

Accompanying Music

The ground encircling him began to glow an amber hue as small flames began to flicker off of the grass. The fire grew in intensity and now formed a faint but clear flaming circle around Jack and his dead companion.

?What now?!? Jack quickly bent down and scooped Sarah?s lifeless body up into his arms and began to race out of the center of the circle of now swirling flames. Just as he emerged from its circumference, a fiery vortex of embers burst up from the ground engulfing the spot that Jack had just occupied in a raging whirlwind of destructive fury.

?It ends now, Jack? a familiar voice echoed in his mind. The wind grew in strength and the trees of the forest parted to reveal the once-open sky occupied by a now raging phoenix accompanied by a golden, star-shaped Pokemon. The pair was soon joined by a dragon whose skin was reminiscent of the destiny-changer?s eyes in the process of changing fate: a luminous blue. Jack turned to run but was caught and held in place by a strange force that now formed a constraining barrier about his body.

Struggling to free himself, Jack questioned ?What do you want?! I?ll leave. Just don?t kill me!? The words of his robotic guardian still clearly reverberated in his mind: ?12 minutes?42 seconds left?? The time was much less now, however. How much time did he have to get back to the site at which he first arrived in this world?

(Cut Music)

?Alright, get ready to bring ?im home!? The scientists at the D.R.L. typed in a series of codes into their machine and the white transportation orb began to surge with power. The lights in the lab flickered and the white-lab-coat-wearing scientists folded their arms in anticipation of their explorer?s return. As the portal once again opened in the form of a glowing ball of white energy in the center of the dimensional transfer machine, the scientists, news reporters, and journalists waited anxiously to view the face and hear the stories of that black-haired dimensional traveler.

The day light was waning and the forest?s night creatures began to move about restlessly, slowly preparing to live their nocturnal lives. Sitting near a stream a golden-orange Pokemon with a long brown tail and curled ears was relaxing. In his mind, the Raichu continued to think about what had happened a week ago today. Right here in this stream, a stranger had appeared and had seemingly attacked it. The Raichu awaited that stranger?s return for a rematch battle. The rat-like Pokemon had arrived at this spot at the same time everyday for the past week, waiting for Jack to return. A gentle breeze caught his attention and it stood up and planted its brown, hoofed feet into the soft, grassy base of the Virmilion Forest. The wind quickly transformed from a balmy zephyr to a ferocious cyclone that whipped the stream in all directions and with such a force as to make the ground beneath it visible. The water contorted about the open portal and the Raichu now grabbed on to a nearby tree branch to keep himself from being sucked into this portal.

?We?re not going to be able to maintain this portal for much longer.?

?Give him a second.?

?Okay, but that?s about all the time we have.?

?Come on Jack.?

?Why destroy me now? I don?t even think I have the power anymore! Just let me go? he struggled in vain to free himself from the bond that the legendary Latios had put him in.

?Lost your power? What makes you think that you have lost your power?? questioned the golden, star Pokemon.

?I couldn?t even bring her back to life,? Jack stated solemnly whilst staring downwards into Sarah?s lifeless eyes. She still lay in his arms, motionless.

?That?s only because your link with the Book hasn?t grown strong enough for you to re-write the past yet. You still have the power to change the present and thus, the future. For this ability, we must destroy you.? Taking the cue from Jirachi, Latios tightened the binding mental energy that surrounded Jack and Sarah.

?At least don?t crush the girl. Give her a proper burial.? Jirachi removed the girl from Jack?s arms and Latios recommenced Jack?s destruction.

You still have the power to change the present?

The binding energy tightened even more now and Jack felt his right shoulder about to crack under the pressure. He couldn?t breathe anymore and was about to black-out. In that moment which surely was the last of his life, his mind allowed him to re-write the Book once again.

Accompanying Music

Jack raised his head to reveal those glowing eyes and he expanded his arms and flexed out of the barrier using the full force of destiny, shattering the barrier to pieces that now scattered about them like so many shards of broken glass. Gasping for breath, Jack coughed as he grabbed his neck and wheezed.

?Alright, you ?legends?, let?s see you kill someone who controls destiny.?

?Good job, Jirachi. He obviously thought that he had lost his power and now that you?ve informed him that he hasn?t, he?s a greater threat now than just ten seconds ago.? Jack whisked past Jirachi and grabbed Sarah?s body, now flying through the air.

?Don?t worry, I can end this.? Jirachi began to emanate a fiery aura of psychic-steel energy and sharp, steel, arrow-shaped javelins formed around and then began to rapidly approach Jack?s body.

Jack was transported out of the way? the book scribbled. Jack?s body disappeared from the spot where Jirachi?s Doom Desire attack would have impacted him, and he reappeared directly behind the legendary.

?Come on. It didn?t work before so what makes you think that it?d work now?? Jirachi turned around and frowned heatedly at this traveler who now seemed to be mocking him. All three legendaries instantaneously accelerated in Jack?s direction. Preparing a blazing Sacred Fire attack, Ho-oh?s body began to flicker with flames. The phoenix released the attack only to watch Jack disappear once again and end up behind them.

?Nice try?for a canary or something like that I guess.? Jack had now begun to fully mock the legends. Swiftly approaching the foe from overhead, the glowing sapphire dragon?s claws fumed with draconic energy and it prepared to quickly snuff the foe?s life out completely. Upon reaching its target though, Latios simply passed through thin air. Jack re-appeared right above the unsuccessful dragon with a worried but relieved look on his face.

?I almost didn?t see that coming. I?m gonna have to keep a better eye on you guys.? The legends? fury flared now as their power had been mocked. ?Hey, don?t get too flustered over this. Maybe you should go beat up on a Caterpie or something. That sounds more in your league.? With this final remark, Jack disappeared again.

(Cut Music)

The portal closed. The Raichu dropped down from the tree limb that he had been grasping onto and breathed heavily. As soon as the Raichu had begun to relax though, a familiar man appeared before him carrying a woman?s body. The Raichu quickly ducked behind a nearby tree and studied the situation.

Jack rubbed his eyes vigorously as they had started to burn a little. Now opening them, his sight was somewhat blurred and he could barely make out his location. He knew where he had written to go but his eyesight had seemingly been damaged by the intensity of their re-write-in-process hue. His head throbbed with pain as well and his mind was scattered. He could not collect his thoughts and felt himself slipping from his sanity. As he slowly regained his faculties, he looked around the area. He had never accessed the book?s pages in such rapid succession as he had to escape the legendaries and thus never experienced such a pain as this before. Jack squinted as he looked forward. He could make out the image of trees surrounding him and the grass beneath his feet was covered by autumn leaves. This much was sure. Now closing his eyes so that they might rest, he focused his ears in on the bubbling stream that ran through the forest. Its melody was a familiar one and Jack immediately recognized this as the spot where he had first arrived in this world.

Accompanying Music

?I hope I?m not too late.? Jack bent his knees and set Sarah?s body down at his feet and the leaves beneath her crackled noisily until they finally accepted his gift. Opening his eyes again, his vision had cleared slightly. He could see well enough to plant a loving kiss on Sarah?s forehead before standing up. ?Goodbye.?

Sarah?s body was buried?The current page of the book proclaimed. The soft earth of the forest?s floor complied with the book?s wishes and slowly and completely engulfed Sarah?s body. Once again, Jack?s eyes burned a little and his sight was temporarily impaired. His head once again throbbed and a small drop of blood trickled down from his nose. Quickly wiping his nose, Jack once again slipped into a temporary state of delusion. He couldn?t think straight and his mind began to warp and magnify his emotions. He became dizzy this time too and, disoriented, he fell over. The book?s effect on him no longer seemed purely beneficial. Coming back to his senses, Jack resolved?

?Okay, no more re-writes for me. I?m going home in a second anyway. We?ll leave this world?s destiny alone from now on.? The Raichu continued to watch this scene. He now contemplated whether or not he wanted to attempt to fight this foe. He decided against revenge and now continued to watch the scene without plans for a surprise attack. Jack rose to his feet and left the burial site and headed towards the stream. He could barely see a thing. It was as if the world had donned a wax paper veil. He knelt down on the bank of the stream and squinted. A stone near the other side of the stream caught his attention.

?Perfect.? The now weary traveler stepped into the shallow stream and began to walk across it towards his object. The water was barely deep enough to come up to his knees and the rock he was after poked slightly above the surface. Reaching the other side of the stream in a matter of seconds, Jack now bent his knees and prepared to lift the stone. It was quite a large stone but not something that Jack couldn?t handle. He struggled with the weight of the stone as he slowly strode back to the other side of the stream.

?The things I do for you Sarah?? He stepped onto the bank and continued to walk towards the burial site. Still unable to see well, Jack placed the stone down. ?Too bad I never got a chance to do anything for you when you were alive to appreciate it,? he remarked. Sighing heavily, he sat down on the ground with his back being supported by the stone which he had placed to mark Sarah?s burial spot. ?I don?t know what I was thinking. I really did love you Sarah. I just didn?t want to start anything that I knew wouldn?t last. You must forgive me for not being able to give you the part of me that you desired to know better.? Jack laid his head back on the cold stone and closed his now itching eyes. ?It?s my fault that you died too. Without me, you would have never gotten in such a predicament. I withheld my love from you and then I killed you.? Once again tears began to well up in Jack?s eyes. The glassy orbs released the liquid manifestation of Jack?s despair even past his shut eyelids. ?I?m so sorry. Sarah, I?m so sorry. Please forgive me?? his voice trailed off and, exhausted he lay his head down and rested.

(Cut Music)

?No one came through,? a laboratory worker said as he checked the inside of the dimensional transfer machine. The news reporters teemed with restless excitement at this breaking news.

?It appears that Jack has not returned from his trip to this unknown dimension. I?m going to try and elicit an interview from one of the scientists?? The reporter shoved through the crowd of journalists and to the front of the viewing area. Standing immediately behind the caution tape, he shouted ?Excuse me. Sir, excuse me. Would you step over here and share a few words with us?? He caught one scientist?s attention and the lab-coat-clad gentlemanly scientist approached the reporter. The scientist?s gray hair denoted his rank in the field, and his sharp blue eyes were full of the sagacity characteristic of one who had been with the D.R.L. since the beginning. His name was Roger L. Thompson just as his badge stated. The white badge pinned on the left breast of his lab coat sported a picture of himself at a time long ago. 25 years ago to be precise: the time that the D.R.L. was founded. He wore it to remind his subjugate scientists of his superiority in the field and of his experience.

?How may I help you?? the scientist questioned.

?What?s the current situation? Can you give us a rundown of what?s going on right now??

?Right now, I wouldn?t worry about anything. Jack is simply late. We?ll be able to fire up the machine again in another ten hours or so. He?ll be fine until then.?

?So, he?s stuck until you can fully restore the transfer unit to optimum functioning capacity? Is there any sign that he might not come back at all??

Donning a somewhat stern expression the scientist replied, ?Why would you suggest such nonsense? Of course he?s coming back. That?s just how things go around here. This interview is over.? He walked away in the direction of another computer terminal as journalists continued to scribble down his last words for print in the morning?s paper. As upset as he seemed, it was unwarranted. There was indeed a chance that Jack might not return at all. The scientists would not let the reporters know that the machine was only good for four uses though. This third operation however, would be their last.

Jack tossed and turned over and then slowly opened his eyes to a beautifully rising sun. His eyesight had cleared up and he now rubbed the sleep out of his optics as he awoke completely.

?Wow. How did I sleep for that long?? Then it hit him. ?Oh ****! I must have missed the portal re-opening!? Jack jumped to his feet and grabbed his hair and wrested with it. His once short black hair had grown several millimeters since his arrival and he now grabbed it and began to pull in agony. ?Why?! Now I?m stuck here forever!? he yelled as he fell to his knees and wept profusely. ?Kill me now, legends! Kill me now!? he shouted. Disturbed Pidgeys and Fearows fluttered away from the scene as Jack lay prostrate on the ground in the most agonizing point of his life. ?I don?t even have Sarah to make this world worthwhile. I just want to die. It might as well be over now. I?ve got nothing!? Jack watered the ground with his depression as he continued to weep. His body could not take much more sadness and he felt slightly de-hydrated. With a raspy and dry throat he solicited one last wish from the Book of Destiny?

?Alright, let?s try it again.? This time the scientists had written a message contained by a small metal, bottle-like container. They would send it through the portal to the other world so that, just in case he missed the portal again, he could find it later and know that they had attempted to bring him back. The white orb of light once again appeared in the center of the dimensional transfer machine and engulfed the message-containing metal bottle.

Jack lay slowly dying under the weight of a forest tree which had mysteriously toppled to crush him. He coughed violently as blood seeped out of his mouth. He had imagined a quicker death when he had asked for it from the book, but this would do as it would all be over soon anyway. Then it happened. The gentle day-time breeze of the forest quickened and a portal opened up in the center of that same stream over which he had arrived. Shocked, upset, excited, disturbed, and dying, Jack stared at the blinding white light that lay just a couple of yards in front of he and Sarah?s burial site. He couldn?t reach it. A small container was propelled from the portal and it rolled across the grass to the edge of Jack?s face. He was going to die any second now. He reached one of his free hands out to grab the message. It read

If you?re reading this message, your retrieval has been attempted twice now. Please stay where you are and remain alert. We will continue to open the portal every ten hours until you come home.

-Roger L. Thompson

The words slowly faded away as Jack?s consciousness did the same, his death imminent and impending. He lay there helpless in a pool of his own blood as he spoke his final word:

?****.? Just as the final drop of life poured out of his veins, Jack?s life flashed before his eyes:

?It?s a boy, Mrs. Tallihan.?

?Oh my, it is a beautiful baby! What should we name him, Alex??

?Let?s name him Jack, after his uncle.?

?My little baby Jack. You?re such a sweet pea. Yes you are. Yes you are.?

-----

Today on the news, the war with Iraq has ended. The overall outcome was seemingly not worth it. The president had this to say:

?I intended the best for America from the very beginning. The achievement here is that this nation has now been set down the pathway of Democracy. They chose not to take that road but we have not failed completely. They have been exposed to the forces of justice, truth, and democracy and they will never forget these things. Their dictator is gone and because of that, America is safer??

-----
    ?Jack, how many times do I have to tell you to stop acting up in class. We pay too much money for you to go to this gifted school for you to throw it away being silly. Do you understand??

?Yes mama.?

?Now go to bed.?

?But I still have to finish memorizing the Greek alphabet! And Power-Rangers: We Got Tired of Coming With New Titles After Wildforce is about to come on!?

?I don?t care. Maybe you?ll learn your lesson this way. Tomorrow I?ll talk to your first-grade teacher again and tell her that the problem?s been solved.?

----

?Come on, Jack. We have to go to church! We mustn?t be late either!?

?Okay mom. Why do we have to though??

?I want you to learn about God?s love. That?s why.?

----------------

?I?m sorry honey, but dad isn?t coming home??

?What do you mean??

?He?s been killed in a car accident.?

?No! Why?! I want my daddy!?

?Oh I?m so sorry??

-----

?What are you learning in History, son??

?Just stuff about the Romans and the Gauls. Not much.?

?That sounds interesting enough.?

?I really want to talk about what we learned in science today though, mom!?

?Woah, first day of the seventh grade, and you?re all fired up about learning. That?s great.?

---------

?Graduating Summa Cum Laude, Jack Tallihan?

?Thank you, sir.?

-------------

?I want you to go straight to college, Jack?

?I will mom.?

---------------

?Jack, I seriously don?t see this dimensional research thing paying off in the long run. Maybe you should major in something else.?

?Tom, dimensional travel will be very relevant in the next few years. I?m sure of it. My investment in this degree is an investment in the future of dimensional research. They?ve already got a facility for studying dimensional travel. I?m sure I?ll be able to get a job there.?

---------------

?Today the War with North Korea has ended??

--------------

?Accept your Bachelors degree in dimensional studies, mister Tallihan.?

?Your dad would?ve been so proud of you.?

?Thanks mom. I won?t let either of you down. I?ll make a difference in this field. I promise.?

---------------

?Well, I suppose that you can imagine that not many people are too fired up about being catapulted into another dimension.?

?I?ll go.?

?You will??

?I have grown to trust you, Roger. If you believe in what you?re doing, then so do I.?

?I appreciate that, Jack.?

Unbeknownst to the dying traveler, his thoughts were being transcribe onto the Book of Destiny?s pages. His power had taken a leap ahead of its former state as of yesterday night, and Jack?s bond with the book had grown strong enough now that he could effectively re-write the past. All of the memories that flooded back into his head before he died were perfectly translated into reality. The Book?s pages started to rustle violently now though as some of the things written began to contradict with other things already existing and already written. Certain things in Jack?s history and in his mind which contradicted the existence of the book itself caused the Book of Destiny?s pages to combust and burn. The earth itself now contorted and shifted as if a pliable orb. The history of the Pokeworld had been destroyed and warped into something that this current form of the world could not support. Large masses of land shifted and the waters reformed and relocated. Continents reminiscent of North and South America appeared and parts of Asia could be discerned from the new arrangement of land mass. Remaining though, were portions of Johto. People began to disappear as new ones arose in their places spontaneously. Finally, the Book of Destiny exploded in a flutter of burning pages as it had written itself out of existence and the waves of energy emitted by its explosion finalized the transformation of the world into one with characteristics of both the Pokeworld and the one from which Jack had come.

So now, the traveler lay dead in the midst of a place much like his home. His body alone lay in the center of the newly reconfigured planet as the thoughts in his mind had caused its transformation. The thoughts that ran through his mind right before his death had caused the reason for it to disappear. He died because he couldn?t go home and now his home was where his body lay.

The End! Well, come on. What'd you think? Jack's suicide was partially due to all that re-writing making his mind a little crazy and heightening his sadness. There are other endings planned so, just like the weather in some states, if you don't like it just wait a day or so. But, tell me what you thought of it and what could've been improved.

*Actually the title of a song

SilverBlaze09

Christian American
    Years
  • Erm, maybe I'm just a wet blanket.

But it appeared to me that this ending was like 'everybody died the end'.

This whole chapter gave me that impression.

But, I loved it otherwise. I enjoyed the battle between the Legendaries, THAT was cool.

Many apologies for not coming up with a better review, but I have limited time on comp...

Thumbs up, etc.

?SilverBlaze09?

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Hey, thanks for reading it. I'm sorry that you didn't like the ending, though. I tried to pull off some irony by giving Jack the power to change the past when it was too late and also having his mind use that newly acquired skill to re-write the entire history of the world that he inhabited, effectively changing that world into the one whose separation from is what caused him to kill himself in the first place. Eh? There were alternate endings, too, but I won't post them because I like this one the best.

Thanks for reading. This was my favorite story to write and it's good to know that someone was entertained by it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2005
    i really enjoyed your work and am looking to the next episode (unless pikachu isnt somehow brought back)

Casual Billy

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Sorry, but Pikachu's dead. This fic is over too. Chapter 16 was the last one. I'm very happy that you enjoyed it, though. The sequel to this fic is posted now. It's called the F.O.D., and even though it starts slow, it picks up in action by chapter 5.

Thank you very very much for reading and reviewing.

Back