• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst fakedex

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
These are very good.
Dursol is awesome but It looks more fire/psychic, mostly because I think egyptian designs are more psychic or ghost (Cofagrigus). But a dragon starter line is unique.

Also Cockout ftw

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
First of all, I agree with the feather-ear-wartortle thing stated above.

Next, actually on topic, I love that for the most part, these feel creative, and it's amazing. You actually based these on something remotely interesting (LOVE LOVE LOVE the horus starter...some of these should be real pokemon, like the elemental rock thingies), especially in comparison to the majority of the fakemon I've seen (it's like "fire snake, water monkey, grass turtle") which are nothing but normal animals with leaves or fire or something on them. Not all of them look exactly like pokemon, but who cares, they look great!

The names could've been worse on a few, but atleast it's not as bad as the Gen 1 names were (What were they thinking? Bulbasaur? Squirtle? Charizard? Blastoise? SEEL?)

...I personally don't think Sneyel looks good in comparison to the others. It kind of reminds of that stupid movie, "Monsters Inc." *shudders* Also, Eclash has a really wierd look on it's face.

Last edited:

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks for all the comments O:

Yeah, there may be some sprites that are a bit derpy, but I'll try to keep fixing them every once in a while P:
I come up with the names pretty quickly usually so it's no wonder some of them aren't exactly the most beautiful |D Good thing they're easier to 'fix' than sprites. P:

now, angst bats!
vm_wm.png

(c+p from a different forum:)
long story short: bat is sad because it has small crappy flappy arms instead of wings, next step: it gets bitter about it. Bawws itself to death and becomes an angry, fire-y ghost bat.
Has no cool mythology base or anything but dayum do you need one for an ANGRY FURNACE GHOST BAT?!

the idea for this line is a bit older, but the designs were bleh so I redesigned them in my drawbook today during a lesson P:
Kind of like how they came out, especially Murcimor.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Kinda weird xD But love how the furnace looks like his mouth. I don't know if that was your intention or not but looks really good.

Is it going to be in any Hack or MMORPG?

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks C:
No, these aren't gonna be in any kind of game because there's just too much work, haha :D It's just a 'for fun' kinda project P:

Ablebe is actually one of my personal favourites >u<

I decided Fractone needed a little bit of redesigning because the sprites were a 'bit' awkward in terms of shading and colours plus it was sort of clumsy-looking :U
I feel more comfortable with this even though it's a lot more cutesy than the original, haha.

zy_wm-1.png

(here are the old ones for comparison:)
Spoiler:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I for one like it. Especially because the difference in the Formes is a more subtle.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I decided Fractone needed a little bit of redesigning because the sprites were a 'bit' awkward in terms of shading and colours plus it was sort of clumsy-looking :U
I feel more comfortable with this even though it's a lot more cutesy than the original, haha.

zy_wm-1.png

(here are the old ones for comparison:)
Spoiler:
I didn't even notice how bad the originals were until you updated them; the current ones look amazing though

I also love the equality-legendary, and cockout (even with the wierd name)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
They are cool. Just that Gitsell or something, I dislike very human-like pokemons. Put a proper face on it, or maybe just a nose and it becomes a girl...

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks, all! C:

@ warekurt: I can see where you're coming with that (because I dislike Jynx and the like) but I guess a few human-like pokemon won't hurt, right? There are people who like those too P:

anyway
oops
I made these like weeks ago but forgot to post 'em here:
vn_wm.png

First line from a bunch of critters based on the animals from the Burgess shale. This one is based on Wiwaxia (with some artistic licence; I gave it eyes and feet because it might've been boring without) which is basically a ball of scales and spikes.

There's actually a thought-out reason why these pokemon aren't the fossils in this dex, can you imagine that?
If this was a game, you would find these guys alive in a hidden, dive-accessible underwater cavern where time hasn't passed like in the outside world. Cool? y/n (n?)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
The typing goes very well for these Pokemon. I love the coloring, shading and the constrction of these 2 fakemon. Its good that you have a little background of where you got these ideas from.

:t354:TG

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks C:

Here's a non-fakemon thing I did for tutorial-ish purposes (school stuff, bleh) since I haven't been in a fakemon mood lately:
tut_kreetur.png

11 colours iirc

TeaSpork

I disapprove.
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I absolutely love your sprites! Most of them are better than real Pokemon.

Best of luck!

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
Years
  • Age 31
  • ~
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
I wouldn't say 'better' than any real pokemon, since the people making them are professionals and they know what they're doing, but thanks anyway C:

So yeah SUPERMASSIVE BUMP because I can finally concentrate on doing my own stuff instead of graphics for school game projects.

here's a nastily-watermarked collage of things I've done this week. Revisions of older sprites/designs plus some entirely new ones! How horrible is that?
collage2.png

I finally learned how to do VS sprites the right way. I realized I only needed some kind of official sprite as a base, because the anime faces are really difficult to conjure up from scratch.
So, they could be classified as 'sprite edits', but there's like 95% scratch and just a couple pixels that aren't edited. See if you can guess the people I used as face-bases. (hint: it's probably impossible)

so
anyway
comments?

Back