• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would I be a N00b?

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    Would I be a noob if when I buy PBR I use 3 eved legendaries?

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    Really?

Cause all I hear is that "a N00b used legendaries" and stuff like that.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I think it would be , only Noobs rely on Ubers to make up for there lack of skill , Ubers are different from legendarys ....

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    But they are my back up.

My mains would be Togekiss,electivire and gardevoir.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    If you worked hard and trained your legendaries, you'll give someone a good battle. PM me when you get the game and you're ready to battle :)
    Not that simple. On their own, Ubers are far mor powerful than the rest of the pokes. If you NEED them to win, it shows a superior lack of skill. Like brass knuckles in a boxing match. You're so weak, you need brass knuckles?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Kyogre
    Ho-oh (Might change)
    Deoxys
    These are all Uber and like sims said show lack of skill , these pokemon are unbalenced and rip the metagame thus noone will repect you when you win and thier is no fun in that

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    Im not depending on them.

I just have no time to train new ones.

HappinyDaisy

Old Enough to Be Your Mom
    Years
    Not that simple. On their own, Ubers are far mor powerful than the rest of the pokes. If you NEED them to win, it shows a superior lack of skill. Like brass knuckles in a boxing match. You're so weak, you need brass knuckles?

Those are all excellent points! I certainly would prefer to battle on a level playing field. But I don't see anything wrong with wanting to battle a little with your legendaries every now and again. I personally don't have a team full of legendaries, but I'd like to use one every now and again for fun. If, as a trainer you NEED them to win, then that's on that trainer and with time, they'll probably get bored with winning all the time. I know I would.

Maybe I have a much lighter view on the game than most others here, but I still think the bottom line is that you're supposed to have fun...if you like your Latias, or your Entei and you've trained 'em up...have fun with them! :)

You certainly have a point though! I love the comparison to brass knuckles! That's perfect!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Those are all excellent points! I certainly would prefer to battle on a level playing field. But I don't see anything wrong with wanting to battle a little with your legendaries every now and again. I personally don't have a team full of legendaries, but I'd like to use one every now and again for fun. If, as a trainer you NEED them to win, then that's on that trainer and with time, they'll probably get bored with winning all the time. I know I would.

Maybe I have a much lighter view on the game than most others here, but I still think the bottom line is that you're supposed to have fun...if you like your Latias, or your Entei and you've trained 'em up...have fun with them! :)

You certainly have a point though! I love the comparison to brass knuckles! That's perfect!

The reason I'm not all "OMG U CANT USE UBERZ U n00BZ!" is because I know it's a game, and some people just have fun using it. Time after time, I love to use Kyorge in my normal team.

Still, I kow how long it takes to properly train. It took me five months to breed the right Oddish, so I can understand when people uses the word noob. I like to win, well, the compettitive way. So while you're free to use ubers on random, well, be prepared to be looked down at.

However, when someone starts claim they are the best using ubers, I draw the line. I take it as an insult, because, well, you are so pathetic, you NEED ubers. Well, not YOU, but a person that says those things.

HappinyDaisy

Old Enough to Be Your Mom
    Years
    The reason I'm not all "OMG U CANT USE UBERZ U n00BZ!" is because I know it's a game, and some people just have fun using it. Time after time, I love to use Kyorge in my normal team.

Still, I kow how long it takes to properly train. It took me five months to breed the right Oddish, so I can understand when people uses the word noob. I like to win, well, the compettitive way. So while you're free to use ubers on random, well, be prepared to be looked down at.

However, when someone starts claim they are the best using ubers, I draw the line. I take it as an insult, because, well, you are so pathetic, you NEED ubers. Well, not YOU, but a person that says those things.

Well said :)

I gotta go, but I'd love to get a battle in sometime and get a look at your Kyorge! I personally don't use legendaries in my current top teams, but I'm thinking about training up my Latias. Shoot me a PM sometime!

Back