• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you have called Heart Gold and Soul Silver something else?

What did you think of the names?

• Total voters

DarkDreams

Whispers in the dark...
Years
  • I would swap SoulSilver around...Into...SilverSoul.

HeartGold, my mind says blank. I'm thinking something that alliterates :3

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes. I would have called them Gorgeous Gold and Sexy Silver.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    Hm, yeah, I can't really think of anything else. HeartGold and SoulSilver, like others have noted, sounds magical and modern, so I'm happy with them. But I guess there can be better names out there.

I agree, but i dont think there could be a better name, "Heartgold" and "Soulsilver" just soung grean to me!!
    =)

Danus

Failed Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Awesome

I think the game names are awesome. My brother told me about it and I got so happy XD Because Silver was my favourite PKMN game

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    The titles aren't bad at all, but for some reason I can't get used to them.

Why not Moonlit Silver and Sun Gold? XD It fits with the day and night time thing that Gold and Silver introduced.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I actually like the names "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver". :P

Though I would have preferred something a little more whaley...

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • The titles aren't bad at all, but for some reason I can't get used to them.

Why not Moonlit Silver and Sun Gold? XD It fits with the day and night time thing that Gold and Silver introduced.

Yeahhh but Moonlit is referring to the moonlight. Sun Gold is referring to just the Sun. Otherwise Moon Silver and Sun Gold. They sound pretty catchy.

Years
  • Soul Silver sounds pretty cool in my eyes, but Heart Gold? O_o I thought that hearts were like, red. But I guess they were referring to a "Golden Heart" or something.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I'm pretty happy with their names after all.

As Lily mentioned, 'Heart of Gold' plays in a little, I mean that's almost a part of the plot in the game, that the player has a heart of gold (kindhearted, call't what you want), and thus kinda turns the badass rival to the 'friendly' side. At least that's what I thought when I played it at first. They wanted a similar thing for Silver, and I think Soul worked pretty well there too. They basicly mean the same thing, so...

I guess I'd have sticked with whatever name they decided, although playing DirtGold and CrapSilver doesn't seem just as fun.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Soul Silver has a nice ring to it, I like how it rolls off tongue. I want something that slides off the tongue nicely for Heart Gold though, like ... hmm ... can't think of anything.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Has anyone ever heard of the saying "a heart of gold?" It's probably where they got the name from.

I didn't like Dusk or Dawn before Gold and Silver. I like HGSS better. Just an opinion.

To be honest I never heard of that saying and I don't think a lot of people heard of that saying. They called it Heart Gold, and I don't think everyone knows that it could be from the saying you mentioned. Does Soul Silver happen to have a saying? No. Plus the main logo for heart gold is a golden heart. While Soul Silver is a silver Lugia. They could have done a golden Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    well i dont care if they are "monkeygold" and "apesilver" I will play the game any way

Last edited:

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • I much preferred the Dawn and Dusk names that were going around. The name HeartGold puts me off the game a bit. :[

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Why does everyone keep mentioning DuskGold and DawnSilver? Those names were FAKE xD Some guy about 33 years old who still lives with his mom made them up XD
    Here is a pciture of so called, DuskGold and DawnSilver:
    Would you have called Heart Gold and Soul Silver something else?

It was never gonna be made real! GET OVER IT!!!

HEARTGOLD SOULSILVER FTW!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    Mew~;5562176Some guy about 33 years old who still lives with his mom made them upQUOTE said:
    lol lol lol i cant stop laughting
    what are you doing trying to make me laught to death ?
    lol

Back