• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wrap, The Cheapest Move Ever...

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
  • Does anyone remember wrap from Pokemon R/B? Please share your wrap stories...

I remember in Pokemon Stadium wrap pissed me off a lot when fighting lance.

The battle:

Mewtwo used psychic
    Dragonair used thunderwave
    Mewtwo is paralyzed
    Dragonair used wrap
    Mewto is unable to move
    Dragonair used wrap
    Mewtwo is unable to move
    Dragonair used wrap
    *repeats
    Mewtwo fainted

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • That's not that bad, Clamp was way worse. Warp had a power of 15 and Clamp had a power 35 plus it was water.

Cloyster used Clamp
    Zapdos is unable to move
    Cloyster used Clamp
    Zapdos is unable to move
    Cloyster used Clamp
    Zapdos fainted

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • Wow! I never gotten clamped before. I'm just glad they changed those moves. Though they're kind of pointless now. Bind was another one of those moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Oh gosh, I actually loved it.
    xD
    It was like a game of slots, ya never knew when it'd let you go a winner, or a loser.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I recently did a Poison monotype run through of Red, and my Tenatacruel and Arbok owned everything with Wrap, especially when I toxic'd the opponent at the start of the battle. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm keeping Wrap on my Victreebel in Blue. It's amazing and makes me lol. I've only been annoyed by it in older games-- never lost to it.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I never had to many problems with Wrap. Except when I was facing Brock in Yellow. Stupid Pikachu. >.>

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • In the first generation, wrap was something that you never appriciated until it was abused against you. For example, in Pokemon Stadium 1, back in the old days, I was forced to use rentels, and to make matters worse, I had NO clue which ones to pick.

Needless to say, I ended up taking a Kabutops and a group of other wimps (Raichu, Dugtrio, Diglett, Lapris, and Victrybell) into the match against Erica, and used Kabutops, Digglet, and Raichu... and she led with Tangela:

Digglet! Go!
    Tangela! Go!

Tangela used Constrict!
    Digglet's speed down.
    Digglet used Earthquake!
    It's not very effective...

Tangela used Wrap!
    blah, blah, blah...
    Digglet fainted!

Raichu! Go!

Me: Let's switch in Kabutops! Wrap won't do much to him!

Tangela used Mega Drain!
    Kabutops fainted!

EVERYONE lost to a Tangela.

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
    Years
  • I didn't really know what wrap did, cause I don't have G/S/C But I don't see how Wrap is a killer move? I thought it only did 15 damage O.o But clamp sure is a pain X_x

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
  • I didn't really know what wrap did, cause I don't have G/S/C But I don't see how Wrap is a killer move? I thought it only did 15 damage O.o But clamp sure is a pain X_x
    In red, blue, and yellow, if someone used wrap on you, you couldnt attack until you were freed from wrap. Basicly if the enemy was faster and knew wrap, it could kill you without taking a hit. Same goes for bind and clamp.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It was annoying I wouldn't be suprised if Smogon banned it for 1st Generation play and it was super broken.

Good thing it was fixed as soon as 2nd Gen came about.

Divine~Deoxys

Wow...wrap sounds horrid....mebbe a gud job emerald was my 1st game then.hah!!suckers!!

Back