• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Wren does an art!

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
Years

• Hey, all! I've been trying to motivate myself to start drawing more regularly again so I figured I'd make a thread where I can post things as I finish them! uwu
    Please do not re-post any of my artwork, even with credit. If you'd like to re-blog it, however, it you can generally find it posted on my blog (elderwoodsy@tumblr)!

I do not take requests at this time, however suggestions for specific pokemon you'd like to see drawn are always welcome! c:

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Animal Crossing
    Spoiler:

Neopets
    Spoiler:

Character Design
    Spoiler:

Note: no crits, please, unless I specifically ask for them on a certain picture. Thank you!

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    These are so nice! You really have your own artstyle, and it looks so nice and fun. Also, is neopets still a thing?

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • These are so cute!! I love the simplicity of the designs. :3 I think the ones I like most are the shiny Eevee and the black cat (gotta love dat face :D), but they are all equally adorable!

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• Also, is neopets still a thing?

Yep, Neopets is still as active as ever. c: There are a ton of folks who are still playing from when they started in their childhood (just like Pokemon), or who came back and made new accounts.
    It has evolved quite a bit since then but I still enjoy it (especially now that my art is finally good enough for the beauty contest/art gallery haha).

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • These are all so cute! And it's always nice to see Animal Crossing art too!
    I love how soft and beautiful your style is! *_*

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    He's so cute! Great work, he looks amazing!

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    That's cool, using a custom brush. Is it easy making one? (I just use what's available in Photoshop XD)

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years
  • That's cool, using a custom brush. Is it easy making one? (I just use what's available in Photoshop XD)

Unfortunately I'm no help with that! haha I didn't make mine, another artist I follow posted their brush settings for folks to use if they wanted.
    I still sometimes use other settings (ex: on the shiny eevee drawing), but the sketchy brush is probably my favorite. c:

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022

Unfortunately I'm no help with that! haha I didn't make mine, another artist I follow posted their brush settings for folks to use if they wanted.
    I still sometimes use other settings (ex: on the shiny eevee drawing), but the sketchy brush is probably my favorite. c:
    Oh okay. Do you have a link?

EDIT: On closer inspection, Eevee does look like it's drawn with a different brush. Cool.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • That paperish artstyle is so beautiful :D
    Especially your neopets stuff brings back a lot of memories.
    I particularly loved the design of some neopets, but I loved the way you've drawn them in your style.
    Including your Pokemon too -The charmander especially has to be my favourite!

There's something about it that reminds me about another artist. Is there any artist in particular that inspires you?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Your style is really cute. I love the colours and am really interested to see more work from you. Great job! Recommendations for future Pokemon would be Reuniclus, Liepard, Shuckle and Volcarona. It's not because they're my favourites or anything

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years
  • There's something about it that reminds me about another artist. Is there any artist in particular that inspires you?

Thank you kindly! My style wasn't really influenced by one person in particular---lately I find myself drawing inspiration from Kirsten Sjursen-Lien, Louie Zong, and Olivie Huynh but I guess in general you tend to pick up bits and pieces of other artists' techniques as you look at art and go "Oh that's neat, I want to try that in my style!", so I've probably been inspired/influenced by a lot of different folks over the years. c:

Your style is really cute. I love the colours and am really interested to see more work from you. Great job! Recommendations for future Pokemon would be Reuniclus, Liepard, Shuckle and Volcarona. It's not because they're my favourites or anything

Aah, Volcarona is one of my favorites! I'm glad to find another fan of the cute little fire moth. :D

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• Wren does an art!

"Skitty used Covet!"

I wanted to draw a skitty and I also wanted to try out some textures, so I figured
    I'd kill two birds with one stone. c: I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.

cuttlefishCuller

Your style is so unique! It lends so well to the subject of your work, making each Pokémon/Neopet creatures just jump off the screen. I love how clean and contained your lines are too, and your use of color is spectacular. I'm also very, very glad to see more Animal Crossing are around these parts! It's a personal favorite of mine, so it always makes me smile. :) Please keep it up!

Back