• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writer with no experience and no idea where to start.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    So I decided to download an emulator and play Pokemon Dark Violet for a nuzlocke on my phone (which is a pain in the ass by the way), which sorta inspired me to want to create my own pokemon game. I'm sure this is a story you've heard many times, but for me: I'm a tech newbie, I'm no artist, I don't know how to function as a human being, etc. etc.

There's one thing I know I'm good at though, and that's writing/designing. My question is this: is there a place in this community for someone who is looking to simply write/design a pokemon game? I honestly don't know the first thing about rom hacking, hell I had a load of issues just figuring out how to download a rom in the first place, but I am extremely interested in creating something like this one day, as a sort of test for the future.

Hope I can join in on the fun and create something for you all to enjoy one day.

wundrweapon

Memelord
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    If you find the proper section (not that I know what it is), you could potentially find someone who wants to put together a ROM hacking team. If they need a story writer, then that's your go-to.
    If you're feeling crazy, make your own thread and say that you want to build a team. If you do this, make sure to mention that your task will be to make the story and that everyone else does... whatever they do (sprite design, mapping, scripting, etc.)

Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    If you find the proper section (not that I know what it is), you could potentially find someone who wants to put together a ROM hacking team. If they need a story writer, then that's your go-to.
    If you're feeling crazy, make your own thread and say that you want to build a team. If you do this, make sure to mention that your task will be to make the story and that everyone else does... whatever they do (sprite design, mapping, scripting, etc.)

Hope I helped!
    Thank you for the help, I've already posted a concept thread and am hoping on working on something in the upcoming weeks if I get a team together. I'm also trying to educate myself a bit when I have the time.

Back