• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WTF is Shadowless!?

Duckster18

Pokemon Entrepenuer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I just received a Base Set Booster Box in the mail and I HAVE NO IDEA how to tell if it's a shadowless box or not. Something with the box art is different, but idk how to compare since I have looked on every site on line and theres no place that is teling me specifically what the difference is. HELP ME!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Don't bother with the box art, just open a pack, look at the card, and compare it to another card. The shadowless card will be missing the shadow on the right side of the picture box, which all modern cards have (so you can compare it to any modern card to tell, not just base set), and the HP font will be smaller instead of bold like on other cards. If you want to be able to tell just from the box without opening any of the packs, the answer is: you can't. However, if the box specifies that it is 1st edition, then the cards inside are guaranteed to be shadowless.

Duckster18

Pokemon Entrepenuer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    well i found out whats the difference in box art ha im trying to sell it on ebay so i couldnt really open a pack. The biddings done in 20 hours and im asking $255 for it so if it's not sold then im opening the sucker up.

Back