• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    On my Sapphire, I could've sworn that the Internal Battery was dead after my dad tried replacing it. Then the next week I tried it, he told me he hadn't done anything with it, and the Battery is suddenly fixed? lol I have no idea how that happened.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    All my biggest Pokemon WTF moments have happened in real life. First of all, I loved collecting cards and had this giant binder full of them. My friend ended up "accidentally" taking it with her when she moved.

And THEN. Her little brother, who was visiting with his dad (they moved, but still own the house and were checking up on it), came by and I let him play my Sapphire and Emerald. After he left, I could not, for the life of me, find those 2 cartridges. He stole them, I'm sure. I raged for weeks. At least I have my LeafGreen still. =[ I really need to stop trusting this family, I guess.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    All my biggest Pokemon WTF moments have happened in real life. First of all, I loved collecting cards and had this giant binder full of them. My friend ended up "accidentally" taking it with her when she moved.

And THEN. Her little brother, who was visiting with his dad (they moved, but still own the house and were checking up on it), came by and I let him play my Sapphire and Emerald. After he left, I could not, for the life of me, find those 2 cartridges. He stole them, I'm sure. I raged for weeks. At least I have my LeafGreen still. =[ I really need to stop trusting this family, I guess.
    Something like that happened to me, too. When I was younger, a girl a few doors down "accidentally" put my Charizard card in her pocket when she left our house. Luckily we found out and managed to get it back before it was too late.
    Although as it happens, the card wasn't 1st-edition, so it was worth maybe $20 at the time, at best. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Playing Emerald through on my first ever playthrough of a Pokemon game,(I was naive at the time) and I was going through Victory Road and I had two Pokemon at 85 a Blaziken and a Raquaza and 4 Tropius's, and this Geodude came up and I was like this things weird, it's the same colour as a turd and had stars coming out of it, OMG!, my big brother looked at me like you should kill that, it wont K.O you Pokemon, it'll KILL them, so boom, dead, next day he showed me an internet page with what they are and they odds.I went upstairs and wept.

I also killed and reset on a shiny Rayquaza on the same playthrough. FML

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    its not my WTF momment but probably the writers of the pokemon games in genral. That WTF momment is that Your freaking rival always picks your pokemon's weakness! I know it makes the game a little harder but come on! at least in B/W you have two rivals and you can easily beat the one who picks last.

Anyways my biggest WTF momment: Catching a legandary with a pokeball. You're probably thinking "so what i've done that!" well thing thing with this is that i had tried every thing else, i used ultra ball, great ball and all the other special pokeballs there are out there. Then when i was giving up hope i threw a pokeball and poof its caught.
    I'm starting to question the value of pokeballs now.

Years
    The only moment I could remember off the top of my head was the time I caught Mewtwo with a regular Pokeball on my second try. (Fire Red file) I was just being lazy, but I didn't even consider that would actually work when it still had full health, haha.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    Just had one. Was playing Red and surfing near the Seafoam Islands when I encountered a Pidgey. In the water. Yeah.
    I realized that it was because I was on the coast and the Missingno glitch was thus in effect after a few moment's contemplation, but it certainly threw me off at first.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I was going crazy searching for a Shiny Spinda and had managed to encounter over 1800 till I got too annoyed to carry on. So, I deleted my game and started again.
    Then, when I got to Rusturf Tunnel, the first Whismur I see... is shiny. :D
    I was so suprised although, I do still wish it was a shiny Spinda instead...

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    First time playing through Ruby I was trying to catch Groudon with ultra balls... So about the third attempt the Groudon that appears is... Gold. Since I was young and foolish, I thought the game had some glitch in it. So i killed it.

FML. I still have that Ruby file too if I remember correctly...

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I was playing in the Verdanturf Battle Tent in Emerald.
    And this Tuber comes out.
    I don't remember what he said exactly, but he said something like this:

"I LOSE
    I SELFDESTRUCT"

I was like, o.O?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    I've reset my emerald four times out of boredom and each time a legendary was shiny (Rayquaza first, kyogre second, groudon third and regice foruth) Though i didn't know what a shiny was at the time.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Bad Luck

I was in the patch of grass in that route 110 or something, I forgot what route it was, but I encountered a Latios. I fought it and got it to the lowest hp possible. I wanted to catch it with my masterball so I went down....but I clicked the RUN button. That was a WTF moment, the worst so far.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I found a shiny Electrike on the route underneath Cycling Road. I caught it.
    And found out my game wasn't genuine, and it was lost forever.

LightSoul

SATOKOTO 4EVER!
    Years
    On Pokèmon Ruby, when I was saving it says, "SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER." I didn't read anything while saving back then, so I turned off the game while saving. When I open it again, WTF! MY SAVE FILE!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    My sister, who doesn't play Pokemon very much decided to start a new game on my Ruby a few days ago.
    She got a shiny female Torchic on the FIRST new game start.
    WTFF.
    I've gotten shinies through SR, but not on the first shot.. ]:
    Beginners luck much?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    My biggest WTF moment would be in my pokemon ruby. I was trying to find latios, and I went through about 40 max repels before I decided to check if I'd actually read the news bulliten that made latios appear in hoenn. Sure enough, I hadn't.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    In Fire Red, I was running through that cave near Pewter City because I was trying to search for a Diglett. I had 5 ultra balls and after a while of looking for a Diglett, a shiny geodude appeared. I was like, "wow Its a shiny. I need to catch this." I had Lv80+ Pokemon so a move from any of them would kill this Geodude. I managed to paralyze it using my Pikachu's Thunder Wave and tossed my limited supply of Ultra Balls. I used 4 and the next thing you know it...

"Geodude used Self-Destruct!"

... Smoothe. Wasted 6 minutes of my life. He was my first shiny encounter too.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    When playing Emerald today, in the space station when the battle with Steven against team Magma came up, I picked my three strongest Pokemon. Sceptile, Raichu, and Gardevoir. Figuring that would be the way to take them down in as few moves as possible (as those three usually can take something down in only a few moves). However, once the battle began, I discovered they had two Camerupts. I hadn't picked my Azumarill because he's not among my strongest... but once I saw those Camerupts, I definitely had a WTF moment. ><

And I was mad at myself. I should've figured Azumarill would've come in handy. They're Team Magma, after all. D:

Back