• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2012
    When playing Pokemon Ruby, I forgot to get the Master Ball out of Team Magma's lair. When I eventually found out that I didn't have it, I tried to go back and get but the cave had already closen up. Couldnt catch Groudon with a Ultra Ball so I just killed him. I couldnt deal with the extra sunlight in Lilycove. Haven't played the game in a while since I sold my GBASP but I plan on rebuying the SP and a DS right before I head to college to replay the games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    One time in Emerald, I was training my Speed Deoxys, when the game crashed while saving. When I reloaded it, all of deoxys's moves were replaced with Sketch XD It was so strange.
    And in Sapphire, I caught my first shiny (save gyarados) - a Wingull. I trained it to pelliper, and decided to see it in 3D, so I sent it over to Coliseum. When it got there, its shininess was gone. Just a dull, blue-striped pelliper. I decided that Coliseum didn't have shinies, so I sent it back. But the thing is, it wasn't shiny in Sapphire either o.O So I lost my first shiny to a freak accident.

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
  • It was my first Pokemon game (Sapphire) and I had yet to learn about shiny Pokemon. I was playing through and suddenly I encountered a discolored Trapinch in the desert. I got scared and thought my game was hacked/ruined so I shut it off...

Also, I was playing FR and I was battling Mewtwo and I SWEAR TO YOU I CLICKED "BAG" and instead I ran away...I was so mad and confused.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I will never forget when I encountered a wild Lotad on Route 3 (I think--it was the earliest route you could catch Lotad). I was grinding and...and...it just showed up. Never thought I would naturally encounter a shiny in a million years.

And I was emulating, too!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Once upon a time in a place called the Emerald Battle Tower, I was fighting this Cradily with my defensively EV'd Snorlax. It used Ancientpower and got the boost in all 5 stats (thank god it doesn't raise evasion) and survived my Snorlax's Earthquake. Then it used Earthquake itself while surviving another Earthquake from me. Finally it killed Snorlax with another AP and got ANOTHER boost. I was absolutely WTF'd as my two remaining Pokes, a Special sweeping Latios and a very defensive Seismic Toss Registeel would fall to AP and Earthquake respectively.

I finally tackled this situation by switching back and forth between the two. 1st I had Latios out (who has Levitate), then I switched to Regi who took the AP. Then I knew he would EQ so I switched back to Latios. This way I wasted the 3 remaining PP of Ancientpower and killed that annoyingly lucky Cradily with Latios.

Princess Sammi

Classic Pokéfan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    I happened to run into a Shiny Bellsprout on HeartGold. Guess who only had one Poké Ball left and failed at catching said Shiny Bellsprout. :(

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I guess one of mine was when I was walking around, in the area just after you leave Fortree, trying to train my Dodrio and Absol. First encounter, Shiny Marill! Dry internal battery, Pokemon Ruby, and I met a shiny. I panicked, so I used up my masterball. It clicked, and I saved a million times. My first legit shiny...I was so happy.

My second would be the seventh gym. I was horribly underleveled and the SOlrock and teh Lunatone kept killing me. Usually, I would get them to the reds, then they'd heal up with a Full Restore or something. I got so angry, and I was down to only Swampert and Gardeivoir...and both were about to die. So I desperately used Dive with Swampert, hoping they couldn't hit me. THey did, and I was at like 1 HP, the other used a stat boost. Swampert was underwater. Next turn, that Dive One-hit KO's one of the pokemon! I was like 'What the---' then the one remaining is attacking Gardevoir. Dive again with Mudkip. Gardevoir gets to really low HP...and the dive one hit KO's that remaining pokemon. I was so confused. It wasn't even critical. And every other tiem I used Dive, it only put them down a really small amount.

A third would be the Groundoun Battle. I had SR'ed(soft resetted) so many times, because either A. it killed all my pokemon or B. I killed it. I was underlevelled. Plus, my masterball was gone, as I used it on Shiny marill(Shiny Azumarill now.) I was panicking. And playing on my DS Lite. So I threw the Ultra Ball and closed the DS Lite. See, I try strange methods...including closing, and then opening to see if it was caught. My volume was at full, and I heard three jiggles. I didn't hear it break out, so I opened my DS, feeling triumphant...when it gave me a horrible look. It wasn't caught. I was like 'What the--' and wondered what just happened. SO I threw another ultra ball, closed my DS Lite and listened closely....Jiggle...Jiggle...Jiggle...DING! It was caught! I opened my DS, laughing like crazy. I did not expect that...at all.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My WTF moment was when I cloned my Blaziken first time in Emerald. I gave it Master Ball so I can have endless Master Balls. I watched cloning video from YouTube and first I thought it's fake and it corrupts you save file. So I tried it on my friend's Emerald. I know, it was pretty mean. :/ Then it worked and I was like "WTF, it's true, you can clone Pokémon."

Years
  • In Poke'mon Emrald for the first time I had found a shiny. (Around 2008) It was a shiny Makuhita. (I was in that cave near Deword training my Combuskin at the time) I used ember on it then it was almost on yellow HP. After that I could do ember one more time then I could catch it perfectly! But of course what happens? CRITICAL HIT! What the heck? (The shiny Makuhita then faints) Why can't I get a critical hit when I need one. XD (I have many more strange moments but ... this one was from Emrald so yeah. :) )

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Ahhh, I Remember the "bad egg" glitch. When i first encounted i was like WTF? and just ran.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Crobat used confuse Ray!
    Swampert is confused!
    it hurt itself due confusion.
    (5 minutes later)
    Swampert is out of confusion!
    Crobat used Confuse Ray!
    F***!!!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I was running around, after training my people in Victory Road and I enter the pokemon league. I heal up and I run around, because I was bored, and I decide to talk to one of the blonde dudes by the entrance to the Elite 4...of course, I run into the challenge area. No potions. No nothing. And I'm still not high enough levels. So I run back, but of course it's blocked. And I want to get out. My brother claims he knows how to get me out, so he yanks the DS from my hand, and he starts saving. I scream at him 'NO!' and my brother laughs and shifts the DS awkwardly...a few minutes later, it still says 'Saving.' Curious, I put up the volume. A horrible screeching, indicating my game crashed. So I had to turn off. When I turned back on:
    THE SAVE FILE IS CORRUPT.

I was so freaking scared. My shinies...my beloved team...they can't be gone...they can't be gone...I nervously move on...
    THE PREVIOUS FILE WILL BE LOADED.

I load my file and I'm right outside of victory road. Although my save seems to be alright, I was so scared. I save again and turn off, hoping that my game wasn't glitched too bad. Anyways, that would be the scariest moment I've ever had in any Pokemon game. I do hope that it's alright...

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
    Years
  • Just started replaying Leafgreen, my first Pokemon caught was a Pikachu, I sent it out to battle against a Level 5 pidgey thinking it was going to PWN it. It fainted... it continued to do this until level 5. When it could finally beat them, it was poisoned nearly 95% of the time with weedles and the like. Same happened with my Clefairy, and more recently Hitmonchan.

Second was, when I was 9 or 10 I had Pokemon Emerald, my favourite game, I was 3 Pokemon away from completing the Hoenn dex, my brother and I competed with each other and say he evolved Camerupt and I caught a Zangoose, we would trade. I was winning. Both of us had tried to find out how to evolve Feebas (we has no internet) and he had used rare candies on his to get it to level 100 (I had a cheated Leafgreen) I spent a week looking for one, I caught it and was leveling it up. The next day, I leave it on my mantle piece. GONE! I was hysterical! Then 3 years ago, I found it. Somehow it had gotten inside the felt of out table in the chair. I played it, everything was the same. I evolved Feebas and completed the Pokedex. I wanted to get Jirachi and Deoxys so I used and action replay. After catching Deoxys I used a cheat that got me infinite Master Balls... it overwrote all my secret items and I traded all my Pokemon over to my Ruby and Leafgreen (Later Migrating and Poke Transfer all of them) and started again. But in the process, lost my first Pokemon. Torchic (I refused to evolve it) level 100.

And this is unrelated but in Crystal I caught Suicune with a Poke Ball. The first ball I threw at it!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2014
    The fact that i only find shinies in pokemon advance generation hacks.
    I found a shiny kakuna in pokemon ashgray.
    And i even found just now a shiny taillow in pokemon sienna.

I wish i had this luck in the real games.

Years
  • I was battling one of my friends on my old file of Emerald. He had a male Jynx! It must have been hacked or something.

Another WTF moment, but one that happened to another friend, not to me, was that he released an Oddish because he hated them. He was walking through the grass a few minutes later, and he found the Oddish! It had the same nickname! He caught it.

Back