• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wurmple evolvation

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Unless I'm mistaken it's random. Just luck, really. But with them evolving at Level Seven, it shouldn't be too hard to simply catch another Wurmple and raise it up in hopes of getting Silcoon if you end up with a Cascoon.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • I think that it is to do with its Personality value.

Lower than or equal to 4, it evolves to Silcoon, Higher than or equal to 5, it becomes a Cascoon. If you have trouble, its probably easier to just catch an evolved silcoon in the woods.

Years
  • its probably not true but If i evolve my wurple in the day they become silcoons in the night cascoons maybe its been a coinsidence all 4 times but i always go by that method

Pokefan Keith is right, my friend, If female, it will be a Silkcoon, if it is a male, a Cascoon

ITs not sexest but i always catch what ever my stater is and i have had both a female and male cacoons and silcoons and if that is true why can you catch male silcoons is the wild DUH

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    is better to raise them,they evolve depending on their gender(jessy doesn't know that it was a dustox)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yea, it's NOT gender differences.
    I got a male silcoon be4 when playing a fake new game on Emerald when I got bored.
    I believe swampert22 as well(even though I don't get what he said :P).

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • Azurill, since there are so many different views on how Wurmple evolves, I think it's best just to go and catch a wild Silcoon in Eterna Forest. That's how I did it. =)

The_G'

Can I Has Some Friez?
    Years
  • ITs not sexest but i always catch what ever my stater is and i have had both a female and male cacoons and silcoons and if that is true why can you catch male silcoons is the wild DUH
    You do have a point there .

Wurmple will evolve into silcoon if it's personality value is less than or equal to 4 and Cascoon if it's Personality Value is 5 or greater. See https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wurmple_(Pokémon)
    for more information
    Wait let me check *checks* Ok it is by personality value.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • It's definitely the personality value that counts to the evolution. I've seen male and female versions of both Silcoon and Cascoon. It's just luck based. Either catch a load of Wurmple and evolve them until you get the right evolution or just catch a wild Silcoon.

Years
  • Im having a hard time deciding if i should evolve a male wurmple into a silcoon or if i should evolve a female wurmple into a silcoon. Guys, help? :o

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Its by gender. They evolved forms are based on the gender.

Pokefan Keith is right, my friend, If female, it will be a Silkcoon, if it is a male, a Cascoon

its probably not true but If i evolve my wurple in the day they become silcoons in the night cascoons maybe its been a coinsidence all 4 times but i always go by that method

ITs not sexest but i always catch what ever my stater is and i have had both a female and male cacoons and silcoons and if that is true why can you catch male silcoons is the wild DUH

is better to raise them,they evolve depending on their gender(jessy doesn't know that it was a dustox)

THEY DO NOT!!! It is based on the personality. High personality---Beautifly, low---Dustox.
    What's all this crap? Listen, as has been said numerous times, and as can be obtained through the internet, Wurmple will evolve into Silcoon with a personality value less than 5 and Cascoon with at least 5. You can't control the personality value so it is essentially...
    Random!

Back