• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X-Men: Birth of the Metals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    Professor Xavier, Headmaster and Overseer of Xavier's School for the Gifted, strove in his years of teaching to enlighten his students of one main concept: There is little difference between humans and mutants. However, we must love each other as if there is no boundary. At the time of his death, the world was in chaos as Magneto and his Acolytes took to rebelling against the new laws set by the United States' government. While Magneto rampaged, William Striker fought to rid the world of the mutants, using his son as a tool for mind control. Charles Xavier left his school in the hands of Ororo Monroe, alias Storm, leaving her with the words of "prove them wrong." Storm, with the help of the Wolverine, otherwise known by Logan, recruited more students for the school. Meanwhile, Scott Summers, also known by Cyclops, sought out this still missing Jean Grey, later known as Fire Phoenix. And as Storm headed the school, she began to notice several students with similar gifts, an odd occurence among mutants. Each had a gift concerning a certain metal. This concerned Storm immensely because of the fact that each student surpassed the skill levels of the other students. She sanctioned them under the wing of Logan, hoping that he could teach them better than she and her colleagues could. Thus, a new band was formed: Metallo-X.

Rules: A minimum of ten sentences must be submitted per post. I'm sorry if this is found to be irrational, but it must be so. This is a very advance roleplay, and if you choose to be a part, you must post at least once a day. Also, in your definition of your character, there are to be no relations to a former student mentioned such as Bobby, Rogue, especially Logan, Jubes, etc. Be creative with your power. It must be related to metal. Though, we can't have ten Magnetos and Wolverines running around. So, the metals that can be used are as follows.

Copper
    Iron
    Lithium
    Lead
    Radium
    Polonium
    Nickel

There are to be four students at a minimum. I will roleplay as Logan to take care of his spot as well as a student if needed. I need someone to portray Ororo as well. All other characters will be taken care if. However, if someone is up to it, they can play as Scott or even Jean.

There is to be no powerplaying, godmoding, or Mary Sues and Gary Stus, just for the sole fact that displays of such acts and/or charries piss people off. Thank you!

Desc. Format:

Two to three paragraphs for history, description. One for power.
    Name:
    Alias:
    Power:
    Description:
    History:
    Extra:

Last edited:

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    Name: ...what do you think?

Alias: Leviathan

Power: Lithium- causes water to burn brightly. A simple touch causes water to explode at a certain point; not fully controllable. Cannot go near large bodies of water due to this- will cause explosions too easily. Carries instruments to gather oxygen and hydrogen from the air to create water to use as bombs. Touching water will release the hydrogen in the water. This reaction has a by-product: heat and light. The expanding air is what causes the explosion.

Description: Pale skin, neatly combed black hair. Thick, tinted squarish glasses, grey fireproof long coat, simple white shirt and cargo pants. Wears thick boots for protection. Boots are white. And, of course, waterproof.
    White fingerless gloves contain the devices- it will gather water just above his hands. He ignites the water by curling in his fingers to touch the bubble. It can be thrown- by soaking an entire area, he can blow it up from a distance. Usually keeps his hands in his pockets just in case it rains. Fingers are calloused from years of minor explosions.

History: Always stayed indoors in fear of destroying property. When drinking, he had to wear thick gloves to make sure he didn't destroy the cup. Mostly kept away from public to prevent discovery. There were too many people to run from, so he made sure no one knew about him. As soon as he could, he moved away from home and stayed by himself, getting food through delivery services. Most of his time, he worked online, so that he did not need to go out at all.
    After hearing about the academy, he realised this was a chance to learn to gain full control over his powers; and immediately signed up. It was risky, as it meant that he would become a target, but he was willing to take the risk. Having spent too long indoors, he realised that the world had changed since he was a little kid. Changed... for the worse.

Extra: Eventually, will figure out how not to make water explode when he touches it with his fingers. The rest of the body can also ignite water, but the fingertips are the most sensitive.

Last edited:

pokefan007

~the best avvy yet!~
    Years
    Name: Aaron

Alias: Sphinx

Metal Power: Iron: Can create iron out of any other metal and mold it into a weapon that he can use (no weapons that require bullets, as that requires more metal, more like swords/bow&arrows/spears)

Other Powers: Ability to fly with wings, is the only power he has total controle of

Description: 5 ft 9in, brown hair, blue eyes, often wears a sphinx mask, hence the alias sphinx, He typically has on form fitting shirts, with slits to allow his wings to be free and loose fitting jeans, wing span is 4 and a half feet.

History: Was born in Texas to a family of 3, his parents gave him to Professor X at the age of 7 for fear of his powers, they were also afraid what others might say about his wings, as they were already 'budded' when he was born, they heard of a school for gifted children, and he has never seen or heard from them since. He spent the remainder of his childhood in the professor's care. He is a big fan of mediveal times, hence why he uses his metal power to create mediveal weapons

Extra: He will learn how to controle his powers, in his healing touch, he'll be able to use it even if he's stressed/pressured; minds eye, he'll be able to see farther distances; and for his telepathy, he'll be able to controle the people indefinately

(((Tell me if you need more details, I'll be happy to add more)))

Last edited:

pokefan007

~the best avvy yet!~
    Years
    Composer - I don't really get the whole metal thing, haven't heard of half of them (copper, iron, nickel, and lead have heard of), I'm not too sure how I'm supposed to incorporate a metal into a power, I'm still not sure how you did.. I'll be happy to edit my post if I got some clarification..
    Edit: I suddenly got an idea, could my power(with a metal) be my offensive one? i.e. my hands/or other body part turns into that metal..
    (is that good? or do I seriously need help?)

EDIT: I fixed it!! Now I'm using Iron... check out my form ^^^

Last edited:

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Name: Jacob Devins
    Alias: Denarius
    Power: Nickel-Can draw nickel from anywhere nearby and meld it into whatever shape he desires in a liquid form, than rapidly cool it.
    Description: 6'3'' in height, 187 lbs, semi-long curly brown hair, green eyes that change to blue-grey when tapping into his power. Muscular frame, but not exceptionally strong. Long scar on his left forearm. Dresses in jeans and a t-shirt out of uniform. For his uniform, imagine a wetsuit, then loosen it up.
    History: Discovered his powers by accident one afternoon in the middle of a fistfight. He encased his opponent from the waist down in metal. Realizing what he was, he ran away from home, looking for a place where he could learn control of his still sporadic powers. Before he arrived at the Xavier mansion, he spent years wandering in the wilds of America, trying to train himself.
    Extra: A bit of a jerk, really. He used to be one of the troublemakers at school. He's matured some, but still goes in for a lifestyle similar than what he used to lead. Loves gambling, dice games and Blackjack in particular.

Last edited:

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    The Adamant Dodger said:
    Name: Jacob Devins
    Alias: Quicksilver (And yes, I know quicksilver is actually mercury. Furthermore, I don't care.)
    Power: Nickel-Can draw nickel from anywhere nearby and meld it into whatever shape he desires in a liquid form, than rapidly cool it.
    Description: 6'3'' in height, 187 lbs, semi-long curly brown hair, green eyes that change to blue-grey when tapping into his power. Muscular frame, but not exceptionally strong. Long scar on his left forearm. Dresses in jeans and a t-shirt out of uniform. For his uniform, imagine a wetsuit, then loosen it up.
    History: Discovered his powers by accident one afternoon in the middle of a fistfight. He encased his opponent from the waist down in metal. Realizing what he was, he ran away from home, looking for a place where he could learn control of his still sporadic powers. Before he arrived at the Xavier mansion, he spent years wandering in the wilds of America, trying to train himself.
    Extra: A bit of a jerk, really. He used to be one of the troublemakers at school. He's matured some, but still goes in for a lifestyle similar than what he used to lead. Loves gambling, dice games and Blackjack in particular.
    ...nickel is used for some currencies, right? O_O.

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
    Name: Nichole
    Alias: Liquideth
    Power: Copper: can melt into metal, like a liqiud, not to great just yet at her powers, still sometimes melts for no reason. Can also melt other things as well.
    Description: wears a black tank top and black jeans. Sometimes wears a long black cloak. Long red blonde hair that comes down to her back, and has blue eyes that spark when shes really happy and glow when shes in a bad mood.
    History: Was born in a small toen near the ocean. When her parents saw that she had extraordinary powers they sent her to school to learn how to control them properly.
    Extra: a moody person, she can be happy one moment and mad as heck the next. Luckily you can tell before it happens, because if her eyes.

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
    Name: Paige
    Alias: Fox
    Power: Polonium she has to be very careful her touch and kill on impact and she can create a whip that she controls with her mind if she breathes into someones mouth it will kill the person again on impact
    description: she has long black hair pulled into two ponytails (down to her ankles) slightly baggy jeans a long sleave t shirt (black) black gloves sneakers even black knee socks her eyes are deep brown and her ears are fox ears she also has a fox tail she usually cloaks her face in a scarf (so people don't die) she sort of has a don't come near me vibe and is rather depressed and cinical because of all the deaths in her life her ears and tails were mutated some how
    History: her mother died after Paige was born and her powers grew from that she was sent to the school as an orfan because when she was swimming she almost drowned and her father gave her CPR but he was imediently poisened
    Extra: is quiet and seems to only say "chi"

Last edited:

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    Paige and Pikapal, I need more in-depth descs. from you two. I am just having trouble getting a feel for your characters.

Takai, Quicksilver is the alias of a member of the Brotherhood. He's one of the Acolytes as well.

We will definitely start this roleplay today. I think that we are prepared to start and have plenty of metal-oriented students. Thank you all so much for your decision to participate!

Sorry I forgot to add this in the rules: NO 1st PERSON! THIS IS IN 3RD!
    --------------------------------------------------------

Logan, alias Wolverine eyed his "students" with a gruff expression. He ran a calloused hand over his stubbled chin, taking inventory of the group. Each stood, his or her luggage proudly set beside them. Logan sighed heavily before clearing his throat.

"Alright," he began with his animalistic tone. "Ro seems to think that there's some weird connection with ya'll. So this is what we're gonna' do: You two darlins'," the Wolverine pointed to the two girls, "are gonna' come with me and make sure we've got plenty o' supplies. Obviously, we're movin' out." This statement earned him a few gaping stares. Apparently, it wasn't made clear with them that they were going to be staying in a cabin about twenty miles from Alkali Lake. "The rest o' ya'll," he motioned toward the lads, "will be getting the Blackbird ready for departure. Be chilvarous and take the stuff as well." He laughed and flashed a cocky grin at Ororo Monroe who stood in the doorway to the garage, shaking her head.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    <OOC>Sorry, haven't kept up with X-Men for a goodly while. Changed. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the meaning of my alias.<OOC>

Jake sneered at Logan, the corner of his lip curling up. What gave this fool the right to order him about? Nonetheless, contolling his powers was the overriding goal in the teens' life, but still...He hefted his pack, hearing the dice rattle a bit in their tightly sealed cups, hefting his other pack in one hand, and that of a girl in the other. Jake snorted as he moved off towards the boarding ramp of the Blackbird. Maybe one of these idiots knew how to dice, that'd be nice. Give him something to do. His boots made a crisp clang off the metal ramp, quite a satisfying noise in truth. Quick as he could, he dumped the bags into a cargo net (except his pack, that he alwayss kept with him), and moved off to start preflight checks. So far, everything looked to be good, fuel levels were fine, no noticable engine malfunctions.

paige pelletier

Years
    OOC: I fixed the description a bit my character is well lets say she isn't miss sunshine brightside always hopefull! XD but she is also very innocent lets say that the tramaization of death has caused her to revert back to a form of child like dependency where she perfers to say one thing "chi"
    Paige stared at Logan she smirked under her scarf then followed the wolverine happily her ears pirked up at the sight of the Blackhawk and her tail wagged a bit...........

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    Nic was reaching the institution... he hoped that the application was confirmed, or it would be a bit of trouble.
    To his surprise, there was no doorbell. As he stepped up, the gates just seemed to open. Then, he saw someone approach; it was probably security...
    'Hello; I'm supposed to meet someone here, but the gates just open..."

The person, whoever she was, didn't seem to respond... she was still observing him.

"Yes, I have mmy papers here, you can verify my identification if you wish."

He handed over some documents from his bag. Finally, there was a response.

"You can call me Storm. I'll be your teacher from now on. Please get into the building and meet your fellow students."

Excited, Nic walked into the main building under her gaze.
    ----

That seemed so long ago... and now, the school was nothing like he had expected. That wierd guy was ordering everyone around... didn't they have something against teachers abusing the students? Once he went too far... of course, it wasn't as if lawsuits would do anything, but it was a pleasant thought.

He hefted the load to his shoulder and walked up the ramp. At least it wasn't water. His fingers were bandaged with white waterproof tape; he had taken them off and washed them for the first time in years recently. Someone in the institute had decided that he couldn't go around with unwashed hands, and found him a sand bath to clean with. 100% non-water. The gloves they had designed were underneath; his bandages were still on for safety. No one wanted any accidents.

They had given him the name Leviathan... an underground water serpent. He sighed. More wierd names.

He glanced at the person next to him. There was this annoying rattling sound.

Once on the plane, he looked over. The sound had continued.

"What's that sound?"

Apparently it was dice... he had played dice long ago, but he hadn't done so for a very long time... no harm trying- it was going to be a long flight.

-

OOC:
    1) We need a destination. If we don't have any clear idea what's going to happen next, this RPG is just going to die.
    2) I hope you don't mind me filling in speech for other characters; since I don't know how everyone else is going to talk; so I'll just try to keep it as a summary of speech.

Last edited:

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Name: Sam Phelps
    Alias: Thermos
    Power: Lead- Has the power to explode lead within materials and items. Thermos can also heat up lead to 4,000 degrees Celseius without destorying it.He has wings that allow him to fly and they sometimes heat up under stress.
    Description: Sam(aka Sammy) is a red-head with red red wings. He usually wears a long sleeve tan shirt with dark blue Levi Jeans. He has some red & white Addias and a blue & black pair. Wings have a red-orange texture with more of a violet deep within the plumage. Sam has this colored skin. A pointed chin, red slender eyes and a short narrow nose and a fit body frame.
    History: Sam left his home in Ohio after his mother and father evicted him in outrage once they witnessed him explode a pack of batteries. His girlfriend Sarah died shortly after his leave and now he haunted by Sarah within his dreams. Within daily activities Sam hears voices of Sarah and suffers constantly with the emotional/mental pain. His sister, Lori is a student of Michigan State University who gave Sam $1,000 to help him on his journey for hope. After meeting up with a group of mutants in New York he found out about the Xaiver Academy which he now attends.
    Extra: Sam consistantly keeps in touch with his sister Lori and has a fear of snakes. A secret hate of who his is and mutants lies deep within his heart.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    OOC: The location the the group is moving to happens to be a cabin twenty miles away from Alkali Lake, as was previously stated.

Jowood, please edit your powers. We already have a character with wings.

IC: Logan growled at the smugness of the bratty students he'd be commanding for Christ knows how long. And who could forget the small detail of being apart from his lovely fiance?, Ro. The Wolverine cursed blatantly under his breath as Ororo dismissed herself with a chaste peck on his angular cheek.

"What're ya' waitin' fer? Get on with it!" he shouted in the males' direction.

As quietly as he could, he led the females into the kitchen where he took a seat on one of the numerous bar stools.

"Alright, you two. Here's the check list, go through it." He motioned to the stack of supplies perpindicular to them. "There's tha' stuff. Shout when yer' finished."

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    OOC: No, I meant destination as in... something to aim for... like, we want to take down Magneto and Striker, right? But, that's all we know; I mean, can't we set a... I dunno, dateline? Maybe, after each person posts twice (or whatever you decide on), then we leave the island or are forced to leave... or something, and start chasing one of our targets and get into a gangfight... often, RPGs die because no one knows what to do next...

Personally, I'll be waiting for the dice guy to respond XD then I can move on... can we get to the island soon?

paige pelletier

Years
    Paige stared at the suplies they looked messily put out. So she just looked pitifully at Logan thinking really I would rather ride in that Black Hawk thing. Then thinking about how she was never a maid and how depressing that the guys got to have all the fun.So she started to do her job checking off things and making sure they weren't not there......... Soon she finished and went up to logen walking slowely and very quiet. "chi I am done so what do I do next? chi?" she said in a quiet voice that seemed strange innocent but very dark not friendly... She stared at the gruff looking Logan and thought about how he got stuck with the job.Paige then took in concentration to the windows that showed the outside world. She soghed as she watched the birds fly and the wind blow. She thought about how lucky birds were always with others or at least knowing they are not alone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back