• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] X & Y: A Different Story

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Episode 20 – Jealousy of the Moon

It was dusk as they left Lumiose City, heading toward the setting sun; Chelsea and Ash were talking about training. Chelsea was a little flustered, that Umbreon wasn't listening to her; and hoping Ash had an idea of what to do.

"I mean, she is just acting out; and I have no idea why." Chelsea stated, as she waved her arms around.

Ash thought for a moment, "I had a Charizard, that didn't want to listen to me ether." He mentioned, then looked over at Chelsea. "It took a long time for him to come around."

"Wow Ash, you had a Charizard?" Serena asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, he's the best Charizard out there." He praised.

Bonnie looked up at him, confused. "Why don't you use him?" She asked.

"Well, because I like to give my new Pokémon a chance." He answered, with a shrug.

"Ok, but what did you do to get him to listen to you?" Chelsea stepped in front of Ash and asked.

He stopped and looked at her, "Well," He thought, and scratched his head. "I didn't do much of anything, he just came around; when I saved him from freezing."

Chelsea stared at him; she was bewildered. "But, why wouldn't he listen to you?" She asked.

"Ah," His thoughts started to get mixed up, he didn't think he was going to be tested this late.

"Chelsea," Clemont interrupted. "Maybe, it's because Umbreon feels she needs to prove something." He suggested, as he fixed his glasses.

"What?" Chelsea turned to him, "She is one of my best fighters, what does she need to prove?" She paused. "Wait…" She thought.

Clemont, Ash, Bonnie, Serena, and their Pokémon looked at her with studying looks. Jolteon even looked up at her, with a curious look.

Chelsea scanned across everyone staring at her, "Would a runt of a litter, feel like she needs to be better?" She threw out the idea.

"Yeah," Clemont snapped his fingers, as she said it. "Wait…she's the runt?" He questioned.

The others looked at her confused. "I thought Sylveon was the youngest?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah, she is." Chelsea looked down at her. "But being the youngest, doesn't make you the runt." She explained. "Being the runt, is being the weakest of the litter; it's not always the youngest, most of the time it is though."

"So how is Umbreon the runt?" Serena asked.

Chelsea waved her hand, "Shhh," She hushed, then looked at all of them. "Ok, we don't use runt and Umbreon in the same sentence, alright?" She said.

They all nodded, "Ok."

"But you did," Serena pointed out.

"No, I said she and her." She pointed out.

Serena nodded, "Ah."

"Yeah, she is very sensitive about it." Chelsea looked around, then went up to a swing that faced a small playground; and sat in it. "OK, we try to keep this hush hush; and it's also why Umbreon and Espeon don't always sit next to each other." She let out a heavy sigh. "Espeon and Umbreon are twins."

"Aww twins!" Serena and Bonnie cooed.

Ash and Clemont looked at each other, then back to Chelsea confused.

"What's the big deal with twins?" Ash asked.

Chelsea stood and looked at him, "With Pokémon it is, a huge deal!" She emphasized. "They came out of the same egg, that never happens!"

Clemont looked at her with a shocked look, "You're right, that most certainly doesn't happen; at least I have never heard of it happening." He looked down at Jolteon. "Are you sure?"

Jolteon returned his gaze with bewilderment; like he actually was supposed to answer that.

"I swear," Chelsea looked at Clemont; then started taking off her pack. "I can show you," She pulled out a small book, and flipped it open. "See." She held out the book, showing them.

They all gathered around and looked at the open page, that held four pictures; it was, in fact, two Eevees coming out of one egg.

"Pi-ka." Pikachu said, with surprise.

Ash stared at the picture. "Wow is right."

Clemont took the book, "This is fascinating," He looked at Chelsea, "Have you told anyone else?"

Chelsea nodded, "I did tell Professor Oak." She took the book back and put it in her bag. "The smaller of the two of them, Umbreon, actually wanted to be an Espeon; and vice versa." She threw her pack back on, "But when they evolved, which was at the same time, they evolved in to what they are now."

Serena got a sorry look on her face, "Oh wow." She looked at Bonnie, then back up. "That would be very upsetting I'm sure."

Bonnie nodded, "Yeah, if I was forced to change into something I didn't want to be, I would be miserable."

"Pika." He sighed, then looked at Ash.

Chelsea nodded, "And she was miserable, and still kinda is; the part that makes it worse is that when Espeon evolved into Espeon, she exceled. She was more willing to just move on, she is a bit more understanding; and feels that they are the way they are for a reason." She plopped back down onto the swing, "Not Umbreon though."

"She took it really hard." Ash said, then looked at Pikachu.

"Yup," She sighed. "I even took more time, to help Umbreon get better; but she just beats herself up, and there is nothing I can do. I love her to death; but if she won't listen, then she won't get better. Then she loses, like she did at the gym; and gets mad about that." She hung her head back. "I wish there was a way I could just make her see, that she doesn't need to prove that she's better than her sisters, by winning."

Ash grinned, "If she won, do you think she would listen?"

Chelsea looked up at him, through her bangs. "Ok, sweetheart, this goes a bit deeper than that." She stood and patted his shoulder.

"But you asked for my help?" He argued.

"I asked what you did to get Charizard to listen, and you did. Though my situation is different than that; and I am going to have to play with it." She shrugged, "Can we camp here for the night?" She asked, looking at the park. "There's a cool fire pit over there, we can use."

"Sure," Clemont looked at the others, "It's getting late anyway."

They all agreed, "Yeah, I am getting hungry." Ash said, as he walked over to the fire pit.

After they set up camp, finished dinner with their Pokémon; everyone gathered around the fire. It started to get chilly, with a bit of a sprinkle; though, Umbreon and Chelsea were sitting out on the merry-go-round.

The others were looking at them, with worried looks; as they snuggled up by the fire under blankets.

"Do you think she's in trouble?" Bonnie asked.

Clemont shook his head, "No, I am sure that Chelsea is just trying to get to her." He tried to explain, "Like she said, Umbreon is acting out; and she is just probably trying to figure out why."

Bonnie nodded, "I hope so."

Umbreon was hanging her head, and ears; letting water drip down. "Sorry."

Chelsea shook her head, "If you were sorry you would stop this," She said sternly. "Umbreon, I know you are having a deeper problem then this "Out of control" "I'm mad" excuse. Please, just talk to me."

Umbreon looked away, "How can you understand? You weren't forced to be something you didn't want to be." She growled.

"You can't say that," She argued, "You know everything, about me."

Umbreon nodded, "Yeah, but you just except it." She then shook her head, "It is frustrating, I mean at least you can pretend to be something else." She looked over her shoulder, "You can act and blend, I can't" Her body ached, she hated who she was; she wanted to be sleek and slender, beautiful. Not dark with spots, and a bulky build; it was so unfair that her sister got it. And on top of it, she sucked at everything. "I don't want to be this!" She cried out.

Everyone looked up, as she shouted.

Chelsea sat up straighter, "I know." She reached out. "I would change you, if I could; you know that."

Umbreon's eyes were full of tears, "No you wouldn't!" She snapped then stood, "You have you whole collection! That's what you wanted right?"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"See!" She barked, "You don't need two of Espeon! So why would you change me?" She jumped off the merry-go-round, causing it to spin.

"Umbreon, wait," Chelsea stood, wobbling from the unstable contraption.

"No!" She barked. "You listen," She kicked the merry-go-round, causing it to spin faster; then continued to bark and shout.

Chelsea hung on, as she spun around.

Jolteon stood up, along with her sisters, and Flareon; they took a couple steps.

"What's going on?" Serena asked, as everyone started to stand.

Espeon used her physic abilities to stop the ride.

Chelsea was closing her eyes tight, and swaying. "Wooh," she mumbled.

Umbreon looked at Espeon, "I hate you!" She screamed then ran off.

Chelsea opened her eyes; the world was spinning, but she could make out Umbreon. "Hang on," She reached out, and took a step; but slipped on the ride and fell forward. She landed hard on the metal.

"Chelsea," Ash walked up to the ride, "You alright?"

Chelsea propped herself up, "Umbreon come back!" She called out; her eyes teared up, then she slammed her fist on the merry-go-round. Splashing up water, "Umbreon, come back here now!" She barked and stood up again; and began to chase her.

"Chelsea?" Clemont took a couple steps.

"Wait!" Ash fallowed her, with Pikachu right behind them.

Jolteon and the others fallowed too; Bonnie, Serena, and Clemont watched as Chelsea's team ran into the woods in a strategic pattern. They were all spread out and low, with Espeon and Leafeon in the trees; almost like a hunting group.

Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena all slowed to a stop; with their Pokémon by their side.

"What should we do?" Serena asked looking into the trees.

Clemont looked back at her, "I think we should follow, but some of us should stay here." He looked around nervously. "Which I volunteer to stay."

Bonnie looked up at him, then let out a huff, "Well I'm going." She said stiffly, then scampered off into the trees.

"Bonnie!" Clemont said then chased after her, his Pokémon following.

Serena looked after them, the trees were dark; and it was pouring rain. "Wait! I thought someone should stay here?" She looked down at Fennekin. "What should we do?"

Fennekin looked back up at her, then shook the rain off, "Fen!" She chirped, then ran under a nearby picnic table.

"Oh Fennekin!" Serena yelped and went after her.

"Umbreon!" Ash called out, as they ran through the trees.

Chelsea's mind was racing, she got frustrated with Umbreon; but she couldn't imagine staying mad. There was so much potential, and Umbreon knew it; Chelsea knew Umbreon knew it, so just couldn't understand what else was going inside her head. She clenched her jaw, and scanned the area as they ran; from her chest, she could feel a build of emotions that she couldn't hold back. "Umbreon!" She stopped and called out, her voice boomed through the trees.

Ash and Pikachu stopped behind her, and looked in surprised, her voice was so strong.

The team of Eeveelutions looked back at her, the boom from her made them tuck their heads down.

Scanning the forest, Chelsea closed her eyes and focused; everything stopped, the energy flowed through the ground and up into the trees. Energy radiated off of the various vegetation; Chelsea reached out far, looking for her precious Pokémon. She was so far off already, heading towards a cliff face; the energy from her was painful, she was hurting so deeply.

Ash watched Chelsea was standing so still, was strange that everything felt slowed; even the rain was coming down slower, he looked at Pikachu, who was also staring at Chelsea.

Pulling back, everything was going at full speed once again; Chelsea looked in the direction that Umbreon was running. Without saying another word, she darted after her.

Jolteon barked and followed.

Quickly, all the others followed him; trying to keep pace with Chelsea.

Ash watched them, observing everything happened so fast, "What just happened?"

"Pikachu?" Pikachu jumped off his shoulder, and ran after them.

"Hey, wait for me!" He chased.

Chelsea kept her focus on Umbreon, watching her squeezing into a tiny crack in the cliffs face; they weren't far behind her. "Umbreon wait!" She called out, but as they came out of the trees she was already through. Chelsea ran to the crack and dropped to her knees, reaching through, but she wasn't going to be able to fit. "Umbreon, come back." She shouted.

Umbreon was smaller than most Umbreon; she was probably the smallest Umbreon someone had seen. Her glow was bright though, inside and out; Chelsea saw so much potential, Umbreon couldn't get to it though.

The others gathered around the crack, watching Chelsea struggle to fit, and go after Umbreon. Jolteon squeezed between her and the wall; he tried to push his nose I, it was no use. He looked around to the others; they were all obviously too big to fit.

Espeon came bounding out of the trees; sliding through the crowd, she continued to the cliff. Without hesitation, she slipped through the crack, going after her sister.

"Espeon!" They all yelped, unexpectantly as she pasted.

Chelsea looked into the crack, "Espeon! Please bring her back!" She called out after her.

Espeon looked over her shoulder, "I'll bring her back."

Leaning back, Chelsea took a deep breath and sighed; then put her hands on her face, "What am I gonna do?"

Ash crouched down next to her, "It'll be fine." He encouraged, "She'll come back, she just needs some time."

She looked up at him, "You sure?"

He nodded, "All she needs to do in figure out herself that she can do anything; and that it doesn't matter what she looks like, or how big she is. She's still a great Pokémon." He smiled at her, trying to comfort his friend.

Flareon set her head on Chelsea's, "Flare flar eon." She comforted.

Chelsea looked back at her, and wrapped her arms around her, "You should be the one worried sick, not me."

"Umbreon!" Espeon cried as she got through the other side of the crack. It was so dark, she looked around trying to see any sign of Umbreon, "Come on, where are you?" She walked forward just a couple steps, then her ear perked to a small sound. It came around a corner, slowly approaching the corner the sound got louder; it was a muffled sniffling and crying sound. Along with the sound a dim light started to show. "Umbreon?" She asked quietly looking around the corner.

On the floor tucked in a corner was a dark lump, with glowing rings on the fur.

Espeon walked up to it, obviously it was Umbreon curled up in the corner; Espeon sat down next to her. "Oh Umbreon." She sighed and reached out to pat her.

She flinched and swung her paw out to her, "Leave me alone!" She yelled, snapping at her.

Espeon staggered back, "No, you can't keep running and acting like this!" She snapped back, "You are causing everyone so much grief!"

"You don't think I know that!?" Umbreon barked, "You don't think I know that I am the most worthless one of all of us?!"

"What?" Espeon blinked in astonishment. "What are you talking about?"

Umbreon growled, "Don't act like we are equals, you know you're better than me." She paced back and forth, looking or a way to get by.

"You're still upset about us?" Espeon questioned.

"How can I not be?" Tears fill up her eyes, "You get everything you want; and I'm left with the scraps, just like the runt would."

"I don't get everything I want?" Espeon fought.

Umbreon rolled her eyes, "Yes you do, you are gonna be the number one show Pokémon for Chelsea; you're prettier than me, smarter than me, and will become one of her most valuable fighters, I mean she picks you over me every time."

"Because you act like this every time you lose!" She defended and tail flicked her tail in frustration. "And I actually do what I'm told."

Umbreon narrowed her eyes at her, "Whatever, just go away! You don't need me anyway." Her ears hung down as she hung her head; then she turned back and curled up in her corner.

Espeon went over what Umbreon had just said in her head, then walked over and sat next to her. "You know, if you maximized your full potential you wouldn't have to worry about me beating you."

Umbreon turned over and faced the wall. "Whatever."

"I just don't understand what is with all this being pretty and stuff, since when did you care about that?" She questioned, tilting her head.

You could see Umbreon's muscles flex in frustration, "I don't care."

"Then why did you say that?" Espeon tried to look over Umbreon at her face.

Umbreon growled in response.

Espeon leaned over her, "Come on, you've never been into your looks at all, at least that I can remember."

"Maybe you don't know me at all then, so much for being twins." Umbreon grumbled, then stood and walked away.

Espeon watched her walk away, "Hey-" She tried to stop her, but was taken off guard.

Umbreon's spots glowed bright, then a quick flash they started to strobe; Umbreon quickly moved dancing around, the light bounced off the walls.

The sight looked amazing, Espeon stared in awe.

Umbreon just then looked at her and her eyes glowed red, and among the strobing light, small dark balls began shooting around.

Thinking quickly, Espeon put up a barrier.

The attacks hit the walls; making loud banging and crashing sounds, and then all at once it stopped. The cavern was black, only the sound of a few small falling rocks echoed.

"Umbreon?" Espeon looked amazed, when her eyes adjusted; she looked at Umbreon, who was hanging her head. She slowly bumped up against her, "That was amazing."

"Yeah, but I'm no show Pokémon. Unlike you who gets everything she wants." Umbreon grumbled sadly.

Espeon looked at her. "You know I don't get everything I want."

Umbreon sat up and looked at her, "PPfft, yeah right! Since when did you not get what you wanted?"

"You do remember the day we evolved right?" She asked her sister.

"How can I forget," Scoffing Umbreon narrowed her eyes at her.

"OK," Espeon turned toward her, "So you remember that I didn't want to be this," She motioned at her own body, "Right?"

Umbreon looked away, "Sure."

"Look, you and me are both unhappy with what we became; why are you letting it get to you so much that you can't move past it, and except who you've become?" Espeon asked, her voice sounded genuine.

"Because!" Umbreon barked, "Because you are pretty and thin, powerful and graceful, everyone loves you; even before we evolved it was like this, and I wanted to be different. I wanted things to change, and I new that if I was an Espeon maybe I could–"

"Wait," Espeon cut her off; she couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You've wanted to be a show Pokémon this whole time?"

Umbreon looked at her with wide eyes, then looked away.

"Umbreon?" She stepped closer, "Is that why you don't listen and just cause havoc?" It made much more sense now. "You just brute through a battle, because you really don't want to." Espeon guessed out loud,

Umbreon's ear perked up.

"You know you can beat me; you can beat anyone, at any moment. You just choose not to, hoping that at some point Chelsea will give up." Espeon looked curiously at Umbreon. "Why didn't you just say so? I'm sure Chelsea would make the adjustments, to help you to be what you want." She shrugged, "I mean, you two are both so stubborn, that it will be eternity before anything changes."

"But how can I be a show Pokémon when I look like this!" She motioned to herself and spun around, "I'm thick, I'm bulky, I'm short," She looked at Espeon, "You're thin, pretty, and graceful."

Shaking her head she chuckled, "Umbreon, it took a lot of practice to be graceful. We both know I wasn't always so poise," She mocked, "Then sat down, really I would have been a much better Umbreon, but that's not what happened." She looked down, "I really like show, but I would love to battle more then once in a blue moon." Espeon looked back down the cave, "I don't know how to tell Chelsea though."

"See!" Umbreon barked, "You see what I've been dealing with!?"

Espeon smiled, "I guess I do." She stood up, "Maybe if we both tell her, she may understand."

With a huff, Umbreon laid back down, "Good like with that, she's all about rolls, and how things are supposed to be. Just because something looks a specific way, that's how it's supposed to be."

"So why don't we challenge that?" Espeon questioned, "Let's throw out the way things are "supposed to be" and just do with what things are."

"Good luck." Umbreon grumbled.

"Oh come on!" Espeon grabbed her tail, "You're coming with me!"

"Hey," Umbreon kicked. "Let go!"

Espeon drug her sister across the cave floor, and giggled, "You want to be a show Pokémon, then we'll tell Chelsea you want to be a show Pokémon. Together."

Umbreon gave a grumpy look, but stopped struggling, and let Espeon drag her.

Chelsea was pacing around, "AUGH!" She looked at the crack, "They've been gone for so long!"

Clemont, Bonnie, Ash, and their Pokémon were all watching her walk back and forth. Flareon was peeking in the crack; along with Pikachu, whose ears had perked for just a second.

"Pi?" He squinted his eyes, trying to looking into the dark.

"What?" Chelsea jumped, then looked over at them.

Flareon looked, "Flare flare-eon!" She chirped, as Espeon came out, with Umbreon being drug behind her.

"There you are!" Chelsea ran up to them, and hugged Umbreon tightly.

Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie all gathered around, "We were worried about you two!" Bonnie put her hands on her hips.

"Are you guys ok?" Ash looked at Espeon.

She smiled back at him, then looked at Umbreon.

Her ears were laid down, and she had a worried look on her face, as her head was on Chelsea's shoulder.

Espeon walked up to them, "Es-" She started to talk, but Chelsea started to scold Umbreon.

"What do you think you were doing?!" She barked.

"Flare!" Flareon barked as well.

She held out Umbreon at arms length, "You could've gotten hurt! Why must you do this and worry us!? Why don't you just listen?" Chelsea sounded so frustrated.

Ash and Clemont looked at her, "Hey, go easy on her," Ash suggested.

Chelsea glared back at him.

"Esp," She chimed in.

Chelsea looked at her. "What?"

Espeon looked back at Umbreon, then gave a slight nod.

Umbreon, slowly backed up.

Everyone looked at her, "What?" Chelsea looked at her.

Umbreon walked up to the trees, then looked back at the others, her nerves started to build up. She looked at Espeon, then around to everyone else.

"Esp-eon," She smiled encouragingly.

With a deep breath Umbreon closed her eyes; when she calmed down, she put her energy into glow. Her rings started to strobe; the light bounced off the trees, and against the cliffs face, she then began to dance around.

Chelsea stood up and looked at her, her mouth agape.

"Wooh!" Bonnie said.

Ash and Clemont looked at the amazing sight.

Umbreon looked stopped, then looked around her eyes glowed red; dark balls of energy started to fire away, in all directions.

Espeon quickly jumped in front of everyone, making a barrier to protect everyone.

When the attacks quit firing, and the dust cleared; Umbreon sat there, looking at Chelsea. "Um Umbr-eon." She said.

Everyone looked at Chelsea, "I think she wants to be a show Pokémon." Clemont guessed.

Chelsea looked taken aback, "Obviously," She walked up to Umbreon, "How long have you been working on that?"

Umbreon looked up at her, "Breon," She mumbled and looked away.

"Seriously!?" Chelsea jumped, then crouched down, "Are you saying you want to show? And not battle?"

Umbreon looked away; and gave a small shy nod.

Chelsea looked at her.

Espeon walked up next to her and chirped. "Espeon."

"What?" She jumped again, not expecting her to come up and talk.

Espeon quickly began to talk, and explain what all happened in the cave; she was stern about it, this was the only way things were going to change.

After Espeon quit talking, Chelsea looked between the both of them. "So you want to switch?" She pointed to them then switched she hands around.

They both nodded.

"But you guys already evo-" She tried, but got interrupted.

"Um!" Umbreon barked, "Umbre- umbr eon eon!" She continued, then stood up, her voice was stressed. She continued to talk to Chelsea, who was looking back at her wide eyed.

Flareon walked up to them, "Flareon." She cooly said, trying to calm down Umbreon, then looked at Chelsea.

"Oh," Chelsea nodded, then looked at Espeon. "And you want this too?"

She nodded.

With a shrug Chelsea smiled. "Ok."

The two Pokémon looked at her surprised, and simultaneously chirped.

Chelsea reached out and hugged them both, "I love you two, and all I want is for you to be happy." Leaning back she looked at them both, "If this makes you happy then I'm happy." She smiled.
    They looked at each other and smiled.

"But." Chelsea interrupted.

They looked at her.

"I'm going to need you to battle occasionally," She looked at Umbreon, "And I'm going to need you to show occasionally." She looked at Espeon.

The looked back at each other, then to Chelsea, with some disappointment.

"Because you two make the perfect pair," She smiled, "I hope that's ok."

They smiled, then chirped at the same time in agreeance.

"What's happening?" Bonnie looked up at Ash and Clemont.

Chelsea looked over at them, as she stood. "Umbreon want's to show, while Espeon wants to battle."

"Really?" They all looked at her in shock.

"Are you going to change them around?" Clemont asked.

"Of course? Why not?" Ash chimed in, "They are both amazing and can do anything!"

"Exactly." Chelsea laughed.

Espeon and Umbreon looked at each other, and smiled; while the others gathered around, Flareon cooed and snuggled them both.

Flare," She cooed proudly.

"Let's get back," Clemont said, starting to walk back.

"Yeah," Chelsea looked around, "Did Serena never follow us?"

"AH!" Bonnie yelped, "Serena!" They all started to jog back to camp.

So there you have it, it looks like all along Espeon and Umbreon wanted to switch this whole time; well it great that they are now happy and got what they wanted. Let's see how this changes Chelsea's game with battling and show, seeing that both Espeon and Umbreon are powerful and great show Pokémon, her team is looking to go in a great direction.

"When are they coming back?" Serena whined, as she wiped off Fennekin.

Fennekin looked back at her and yelped, holding out a dirty paw.

Shaking her head, she whipped her paw, "Ok, so next time, maybe going under a table isn't the best form of shelter.

Fennekin nodded, as she looked up at her filthy trainer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    So I have been posting this story on Wattpad lately, I didn't forget it here, I just decided this so I keep all my stories in my stories in one spot.

https://www.wattpad.com/user/CatBountieHunter

This is where I put it, I also am making a few changes, especially with grammar. It's not perfect, but it sure is better then what it was. I have been practicing. I may come back here, but I am not sure yet. PM if you want me to start posting back here. or is just following me to my wattpad is alright.

Thank you all for reading by the way, sorry it has been so long since I touched it.

Back