• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X & Y for both 3DS and 3DS XL ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    Hi guys,

I sold my old nintendo ds like 5 years ago, last time I ever touched one too. Now recently I am interested in the pokemon X and Y games, but are they both available for 3DS and 3DS XL??
    Or just the XL one??

Thanks

Please answer I want to buy a 3DS today but realized that a XL version exists as well. Please respond. Does X & Y work on the 3DS??

omg.. Can anyone please answer?!

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    From what I know, there are no 3DS XL exclusive games. All Nintendo 3DS games work in both the 3DS and 3DS XL (which is pretty much just a bigger 3DS). So yeah, go for it and buy the 3DS, because I'm 200% sure it'll work.

Still, if you're kind of a big guy like me (I'm 1.82m tall) you might want to consider buying the XL version instead, because I bought the standard version and I can't keep myself from feeling that it was made for people with much smaller hands :D. But, oh well, I'm a student and, you know, small means stealthy, hehe. (not to mention that the XL would have been significantly more expensive)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    Thanks for the answer. Yea I guess I am big (1.86m)

But I found a very cheap 3DS in good condition for €45, the cheapest XL I found is €110. So yea I'd rather take the 3DS :)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The only difference between the normal one and the XL is size and fit/finish. The hardware is the same. All games run on both.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    As has already been said, there really is no different between the 3DS and the 3DS XL other than the size. I personally would recommend the XL, because I felt like the regular 3DS was rather bulky and uncomfortable in my hands, but ultimately it's what works best for you and what you can afford. Since your question has been answered though, I don't really see much else can be said so I'm just going go ahead and close off your thread. Hope you enjoy Pokémon X and Y when they come out and we'll be seeing you around here more often. Only two more weeks to go!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back