• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X&Y game style to previous generations

Years
    Hello fellow pokefans.Its nice to meet you all.

I am a new member here and i hope tthis is the right place for my question,if not then excuse me.

I am a fan of gen6 pokemons and inbattle mega evolutions. Also soulsilver is my fav game till now because of following pokemon. So i searched for GBA and DS hacks with mega evolution and gen 6 pokemon and found some .But all seem to have evolution just like using stones on Evee.But i am sure i saw someone posting a code for inbattle mega evolution in this forumn.

So i would be greatful if someone would direct me to some hacks similar to X & Y game mechanics either in GBA or DS as i am unable to afford for a 3ds.

Thank you and please excuse if i missed any forumn rules and notify me so that i can correct myself.

Also if such roms doesnt exist or under developement please post a link and also i am ready to study the basics and begin hacking the soulsilver rom. So any help would be useful .

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I don't know about the following feature, but the Mega Evolution code has been posted, you're right about that. It's right here
    As for actual hacks with it already implemented, there seems to be a few. I haven't played hacks recently, but the two I can think of right away are Pokemon Mega Power and Pokemon Gaia at least judging by the features in their initial posts.

Years
    Mega-Evolution and added Pokémon are quite common, although it's generally unlikely for a ROM Hack - or even most Pokemon games - to need that many Pokémon, depending on its purpose. Of course, editing and so on for that many Pokémon can easily become problematic, especially if this design is mostly a knock-off of the official sprites of the recent games. You will often be more likely to find more hacks on the sub-forum with them than without, although a couple have already been mentioned, and to mention too many would easily just end up in a list of hacks of these games, minus a couple of more thematic ones which focus on anime approximation and so on.

Starting with SoulSilver might not be optimal, as there's generally less done about altering that game, but if you want it might be a decent challenge as well. Do you have any particular idea there, beside a couple of features added - as in a ROM base - as for example something related to a 'de-make' of X&Y?

Years
    Thany you for your reply guys.

And Illumne as you said ds hacks are more harder than gba .But i have a bit played around Ppre like evolution editing and type editing etc.

Yes i have some ideas
    1.Changing over world sprite of charizard in ss (because its head looks larger which disturbs)
    2.Adding new poKemon by extending tables(but seriously dont know how to do it for DS games
    3.Editing and adding new moves of gen 6
    4.IMPLEMENTING THE CODE OF IN BATTLE MEGA EVOLUTIONS as mentioned by Lilberno in his reply

These are some basic ideas .There are many tools i read online such as tinkie etc but lot of options confuse me.So please suggest me some tools which has some good guides to refer.

Thank you all for your kind reply by sparing your time.

Years
    Of course, generally speaking adding new Pokémon, Mega-Evolutions and so on are fairly standard on this forum, so you should be able to find means of doing such things.

Anyway, so in any case, while you're adding such things to the games, do you plan to use them for a new plot or region in some way, or just add them generally? Adding X/Y's attributes to earlier games is quite common, so unless it was meant as a ROM base it might be a bit partial and usual a project. You would usually want to alter the game rather than just adding fairly common features, unless it's just for personal use. In addition, when you mention new Pokémon, do you mean from X/Y, or Fakemon?

Years
    Ya i do have a plot planned..and yes since there are more Gba mods i want to try on a DS one.

Ya as you said there are means of doing them but there are many methods here...i just want some most used methods which have some guide or stuff to refer to if i encounter any hurdle.
    And by new pokemon i meant from X & Y .And soulsilver has extended regions of two it is easier as base rom with the following pokemon thing.

Back