• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    what pokemon CAN'T you ask for in the GTS? And by that I mean which pokemon only come with one of the two ribbons that prevent them from being traded on the GTS (Why would they do this int he first place? It makes no sense to have a game based around trading where you can't trade some of the most valuable ones unless you're friends with the person first) I asked this in the previous Quick Q&A thread but I didn't see a reply if there was one.

I couldn't trade my Zygarde for a Scatterbug, yet I traded TWO 6IV Zoroarks (not even shiny, perfectly normal except they had 6IVs.) for a Reshiram and a Zekrom so quite honestly nothing makes sense at all, lol! But I just want to know when I post, which legendary pokemon I shouldn't bother asking for because they cannot be traded on the GTS and I don't want to waste time posting good pokemon and waiting around for nothing.

So far, I THINK the list I have goes:

Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Manaphy
    Victini
    Meloetta
    Keldeo
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Deoxys
    Genesect
    Arceus

So are these it, or are there other pokemon that were ONLY distributed via special event and cannot be traded on the GTS because of their ribbons?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Not sure why you couldnt trade zygarde, there isn't any reason why it would be blocked, maybe an error?

Any Event Legendary cannot be traded on GTS. Your list pretty much covers them all, except missing Jirachi.

Also there's some non-event exclusive pokemon that cant be traded either, i.e. event mewtwo in a cherish ball with classic ribbon.

I believe not only the ribbon, but the Cherish ball stops them from being traded over GTS. such as the free torchic<Blaziken we got with X&Y, it's in a cherish ball and cannot be traded over GTS.

GTS will block you from trying to post them and offering them in people's request for them, but it's silly it doesn't block people from requesting them... they shouldn't even be an option in the list of pokemon and be rejected if name is manually inputted..

However event pokemon are allowed to be directly traded person to person... just not on the GTS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not sure why you couldnt trade zygarde, there isn't any reason why it would be blocked, maybe an error?

Any Event Legendary cannot be traded on GTS. Your list pretty much covers them all, except missing Jirachi.

Also there's some non-event exclusive pokemon that cant be traded either, i.e. event mewtwo in a cherish ball with classic ribbon.

I believe not only the ribbon, but the Cherish ball stops them from being traded over GTS. such as the free torchic<Blaziken we got with X&Y, it's in a cherish ball and cannot be traded over GTS.

GTS will block you from trying to post them and offering them in people's request for them, but it's silly it doesn't block people from requesting them... they shouldn't even be an option in the list of pokemon and be rejected if name is manually inputted..

However event pokemon are allowed to be directly traded person to person... just not on the GTS.

no, no, it's not that I CAN'T trade Zygarde, it's that no one wants one, not even for a Scatterbug!

Well I don't know if the Cherish Ball prevents pokemon from being transferred or if the pokemon that can't be transferred can also happen to be in a Cherish ball because the event Torchic also comes with a trade excluding ribbon - the Premier Ribbon. (classic Ribbon would be the other ribbon that prevents trade)

And when you say my list pretty much covers them all except missing Jirachi, do you mean that Jirachi CAN be traded and I should take it off my list?

Thanks for the reply!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Jirachi can be obtained via Pokémon Channel or the Coliseum bonus disc, don't think either of these cause an event ribbon?

In addition to this, I don't think Manaphy obtained from Pokemon Ranger have event ribbons.

EDIT: Actually, it seems Colosseum Jirachi cannot be traded on GTS despite not having an event ribbon (and not being in a Cherish Ball). Same goes for Liberty Island Victini. So this might be irrelevant.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • In addition to this, I don't think Manaphy obtained from Pokemon Ranger have event ribbons.

EDIT: Actually, it seems Colosseum Jirachi cannot be traded on GTS despite not having an event ribbon (and not being in a Cherish Ball). Same goes for Liberty Island Victini. So this might be irrelevant.

But my Liberty Island Victiny got transferred over.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • And when you say my list pretty much covers them all except missing Jirachi, do you mean that Jirachi CAN be traded and I should take it off my list?

Thanks for the reply!

No event pokemon, legendary or not, can be traded over GTS. Period. including jirachi.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Just C/P'd because my last post got lost here.........

I'm just wondering about this: I'm hoping to download Pokemon Bank, but I'm not actually sure my 3DS will allow me to use it.

I can download demos, games, whatever from the eShop, but I can't actually get involved in online play because I can't set my router up to do so. So I can't Trade with others, Battle with others, visit other towns through internet (in Animal Crossing), etc.

Will this affect my being able to use Pokemon Bank?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No event pokemon, legendary or not, can be traded over GTS. Period. including jirachi.

Okay, you're not reading what I'm saying, I'm asking why you typed the words
    except missing Jirachi.
    I'm specifically asking you why you typed those words because they don't make sense. Do you mean I should take Jirachi off my list of event pokemon or what?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Okay, you're not reading what I'm saying, I'm asking why you typed the words I'm specifically asking you why you typed those words because they don't make sense. Do you mean I should take Jirachi off my list of event pokemon or what?

No event pokemon can be traded over GTS. PERIOD. isn't any clearer than that.

I mentioned Jirachi separate because you forgot to list them, just like i said originally. doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

Just C/P'd because my last post got lost here.........

I'm just wondering about this: I'm hoping to download Pokemon Bank, but I'm not actually sure my 3DS will allow me to use it.

I can download demos, games, whatever from the eShop, but I can't actually get involved in online play because I can't set my router up to do so. So I can't Trade with others, Battle with others, visit other towns through internet (in Animal Crossing), etc.

Will this affect my being able to use Pokemon Bank?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately yes it would affect it.. Pokemon bank and transporter connect to the server/internet in order to use it. so you wont be able to transfer any pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No event pokemon can be traded over GTS. PERIOD. isn't any clearer than that.

I mentioned Jirachi separate because you forgot to list them, just like i said originally. doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that.

Uh, apparently it DOES take a rocket scientist, captain snippy, because I DID in fact list it, in the 3rd slot:

what pokemon CAN'T you ask for in the GTS? And by that I mean which pokemon only come with one of the two ribbons that prevent them from being traded on the GTS (Why would they do this int he first place? It makes no sense to have a game based around trading where you can't trade some of the most valuable ones unless you're friends with the person first) I asked this in the previous Quick Q&A thread but I didn't see a reply if there was one.

I couldn't trade my Zygarde for a Scatterbug, yet I traded TWO 6IV Zoroarks (not even shiny, perfectly normal except they had 6IVs.) for a Reshiram and a Zekrom so quite honestly nothing makes sense at all, lol! But I just want to know when I post, which legendary pokemon I shouldn't bother asking for because they cannot be traded on the GTS and I don't want to waste time posting good pokemon and waiting around for nothing.

So far, I THINK the list I have goes:

Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Manaphy
    Victini
    Meloetta
    Keldeo
    Shaymin
    Darkrai
    Deoxys
    Genesect
    Arceus

So are these it, or are there other pokemon that were ONLY distributed via special event and cannot be traded on the GTS because of their ribbons?

You can go back to the original post and all and see there's no "edit" tag or anything. I was just asking you a question. Geez.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Uh, apparently it DOES take a rocket scientist, captain snippy, because I DID in fact list it, in the 3rd slot:

You can go back to the original post and all and see there's no "edit" tag or anything. I was just asking you a question. Geez.

then my mistake, but no event pokemon can be traded over gts

ProfDunsparce

And now I become Dunsparce...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    sheer force totodile

Does anyone know whether sheer force totodile is available yet? I know it's not available in the wild, but can they be transferred through pokebank? I've been hearing they don't go through pokebank...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Gen 2 and Gen 5 pokemon with there hidden abilities aren't available anywhere, so they're ALL hacked, (even the bred ones because they are carrying the result of a hacked pokemon) so none of them should be able to make it through at all because of their hidden ability:

https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/152.shtml
    https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/155.shtml
    https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/158.shtml

https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/495.shtml
    https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/498.shtml
    https://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/501.shtml

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    ok, between leveling up pokemon, and using the super training and such
    i never had a chance to play the DS versions, only played as far as the GBC/GBA versions, coming into Pokemon Y with all the new pokemon and IV training and such, like before as i catch new pokemon i would just level them up equally so i could just use whatever pokemon that i needed to use, but now as i come into a game that has all new stuff and alot more pokemon, and i find myself getting more pokemon as i can try to level up, i know pokemon Y has the item that gives experience to all pokemon in the same party, it helps, but i also notice with the training that i could strengthen my pokemon as well, just before i level them up, so they can survive the new horde battles now, espically since not all pokemon can hit multiple enemies, but yeah anyways, before i start getting to long into a thread here, so far i got my 1st bade, and just got a Celebi from the bank, any ideas on how i should choose what to level up or use super training with?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • o before i start getting to long into a thread here, so far i got my 1st bade, and just got a Celebi from the bank, any ideas on how i should choose what to level up or use super training with?

For the gameplay story, in all honesty, it doesn't matter how you "train" the pokemon, their EVs don't really matter, but their levels do.. because your pokemon could have horrid EVs but still sweep the Gym and all trainers you encounter based on level or typing alone..

but for wi-fi battling/competition.. you can never really go wrong with the suggestions provided by smogon.com: https://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/celebi

For example with celebi, it gives you the example move set and strategy to use with it depending on it's nature and also the EVs to train (attacks, defenses, speed, etc). here's a easy to understand nature chart to let you know what stat it raises and lowers if you didn't know: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

and if your celebi isn't one of those natures listed on Smogon, you can use the one which yours is most similar to, or just choose one you like regardless. it's just optimal for max power/performance if you has matching natures but isn't necessary.

Also if you want a quick and easier way to fully train your pokemon in a matter of minutes rather than hours like with super training.. I made a handy guide :3 however note, it does require access to the power items after completing the game and getting them from the battle maison shop in order to complete everything in 15 min or less, but even without the power items, it can be done in about in an hour or so (53 battles with Pokerus) as compared to like 2+ hours in super training, and you'll level up too as well as a bonus xD.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8050392#post8050392

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does anyone know whether sheer force totodile is available yet? I know it's not available in the wild, but can they be transferred through pokebank? I've been hearing they don't go through pokebank...

There's a ton of Pokémon out there in gen 5 that have unreleased hidden abilities. Unfortunately, Totodile is one of them. If you do manage to get yourself Sheer Force Totodile, it's most likely hacked, and PokéBank would be able to detect it immediately and block you. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back