• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    That's because the Pokemon Bank, which is required to transfer Pokemon from 5th Gen games, isn't available yet. It'll open on December 27th.

I understand that part but i thought you couldnt ask for something you havent seen.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • ^this and there is a feature that allows you to use a pokemon's exact name for seeking. I might guess that Cyndaquil is a possible find in the Friend Safari but I have not had this confirmed... I have seen Wartortle and Charmeleon however.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Pokemon X/Y Questions!? (NO SPOILERS)

hey guys!;) At the moment i've just passed the sixth gym, and I'am loving the game so far, however I still have a few questions, and I was hoping to get a few answers here!

Q1: What is the point of the enjoyment rating on your pokemon?

Q2: How does"mega evolving" your pokemon benefit them during battle?

Q3: Past the 3 love heart rating on your pokemon, what benefits do you receive besides XP boost?

Thanks guys!:P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    After the game is clear, how do I start the Looker quests?

In order to unlock the Looker side-quests, you first have to get your mega ring upgraded. If you want to get that done, pay a visit to Kiloud City and go to the Battle Mansion. There, you should find your rival. If you beat him/her, he/she will tell you to get to Anistar City. Once you're at Anistar, you'll be able to find the professor here, and he'll upgrade the ring for you. With this upgrade, you will have access to all the post-game mega stones.

Once the ring upgrade have been completed, fly to Lumiose City. When you arrive, you'll be getting an immediate phone call from Looker. If you answer it, the quests should begin! :)

I'm not quite sure if these same, exact steps will work for you, but it did work for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I understand that part but i thought you couldnt ask for something you havent seen.

go down the list it say what pokemon then type the pokemon name then click deposit but them people be wait long time lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2013
    Help!

I'm at that Parfum Palace place with Shauna, chasing Furfou around the garden.. It seems so impossible to get him. I've tried everything - help?

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
  • So I'm collecting Syncro'd Abras

I'm collecting Abras with sync to make it easier to catch all the natures I could ever need. So far, I know that I'm missing Adamant, and Timid. Could someone make a list of the most useful natures? I realize that any nature could be useful depending on the build that you're going for, but there's gotta be a "cookie cutter" list of natures that can pretty much handle any situation (not each one, but all together, a "master list" of natures if you will).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    hey guys!;) At the moment i've just passed the sixth gym, and I'am loving the game so far, however I still have a few questions, and I was hoping to get a few answers here!

Q1: What is the point of the enjoyment rating on your pokemon?

Q2: How does"mega evolving" your pokemon benefit them during battle?

Q3: Past the 3 love heart rating on your pokemon, what benefits do you receive besides XP boost?

Thanks guys!:P

I'm not quite sure about that… maybe it's to indicate how much you enjoy being around your Pokémon? Either that, or it could be the other way around—it's to show us how much our Pokémon enjoy being around us.

Mega evolved Pokémon get an increase in some of their stats, which help them to move faster, take more hits, land harder attacks, etc. etc. For example, when Blastoise makes its transformation to Mega Blastoise, it gets a major boost in both of its defensive stats. Thanks to that, it gets the chance to survive for a few additional turns and stall your opponent.

Besides experience boost, you also get a higher base attack power in the move "Return," I think. It hasn't been confirmed though, but that could most likely be the case. d: The power of Return does depend on how much your Pokémon love you, so, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I'm not quite sure about that… maybe it's to indicate how much you enjoy being around your Pokémon? Either that, or it could be the other way around—it's to show us how much our Pokémon enjoy being around us.

Mega evolved Pokémon get an increase in some of their stats, which help them to move faster, take more hits, land harder attacks, etc. etc. For example, when Blastoise makes its transformation to Mega Blastoise, it gets a major boost in both of its defensive stats. Thanks to that, it gets the chance to survive for a few additional turns and stall your opponent.

Besides experience boost, you also get a higher base attack power in the move "Return," I think. It hasn't been confirmed though, but that could most likely be the case. d: The power of Return does depend on how much your Pokémon love you, so, yeah.

Thanks man I appreciate the help!

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    What's the difference between Neutral and Active mode Xerneas? Whenever I send it out it is usually in Active mode (I can't remember when it was in Neutral mode before), so how do you activate Neutral mode and what difference does it have on Xerneas?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Has anyone found shadowball or flamethrower yet?

Found TM Flamethrower in a Pokemon Center in Waterfall Town(?). It depends on time of day as she give multiple TMs.

I'm Lost on Route 19. Anyone know who to get to the next town? Snowball City, i think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back