• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XBox360 will be a great success

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    For a console that will have a great success it sure is struggling in sales worldwide.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • ouendan said:
    For a console that will have a great success it sure is struggling in sales worldwide.
    Oh, they're doing poorly in sales, but they only send so many out to vendors, that way they've got the reputation of having a console that's always sold out.

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    Brittany said:
    Oh, they're doing poorly in sales, but they only send so many out to vendors, that way they've got the reputation of having a console that's always sold out.
    :laugh: That's dumb. Thw whole purpose of launching before Sony was to have the user base advantage when PS3 launches like the PS2 did when X-Box launched. Shortages is one of the lamest excuses ever imo, they knew for so long they were planning to launch in 2005 to get 360 out there before PS3 so they should've prepared the amount of 360's needed to get that solid install base before Sony. At this rate they'll barely sell 2 million consoles worldwide by the time PS3 launches, which isn't a big difference and could be made up easily. Even the DS had more of an advantage over the PSP then that.

Years
  • I feel like I'm at GameFAQS with all the silly debating going on in this thread. >_>

Personally, it really doesn't matter which system comes out on top in sales, although I do like to make predictions just for fun. My predictions for next-gen are already starting to look bad anyways. I had predicted the 360 to get more sales than the other two. >_>

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • kohei said:
    Originally Posted by Blazin Espio
    Metroid and Halo are very simmilar IMO (not the plot or whatever but the whole idea)
    maybe its just one of those coincidences
    Probablly because both of them are FPS's?
    first, that is incorrect. metroid prime is an FPS, not metroid its self.

i do beleve that relecing it so erly will be 360s downfall, but microsoft will not give up yet. they have to much money to waste before they give up.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • Hmm...
    Many people will hate me for saying this, probably, but here goes.

I think that once the PS3 is released, everyone will start saying "360 what???."
    I HATE Playstation, save a few games, such as Devil May Cry.

I'm a Zelda fan, myself. And that's just my opinion. Go crazy.

Years
  • Here we go...

Me, I think that their idea to try to get an early fanbase was good, but they A.) released to early B.) they didn't keep them in stock C.) Half the people I know that bought them eather didn't like, or they bought it so they could sell it for 1500 dollars on E-Bay to Fanboys (I don't think it will work, but it's kinda scary people think it would.)
    I think that eather it will go in the Dreamcast direction, somehow remain as Sony's shadow, or they will slowly fizzle out slowly over the next couple of years. What I curious about is (Assuming the become the next Sega from a console stand point) who might replace it after said death? Sega? Atari?(Yeah Right, it would be cool but come on) uhhh..... EA?! (Hay, ya never know. They are the sports giant.) I also want to see if they try to invade handheld land. (LOL, no offense)
    I hope they fizzle out or have a console heart attack. It's not like they would completely back out.
    I wanna see some Haol Rev. heheheh...

Continuing, They're IMO like that annoying pimple on Nintendo and Sony's butt. Sony is a respectable company (Although with them it's to much of the same somtimes) and I still want them to live on. But XBox and XBox 360 are just annoying distraction. Both systems have to many flaws (But The XB360 Controller is like gaming Nirvana)

BTW, if they were to invade handheld land, I'm a thinkin' the next N-Gage.

No offense to anyone. I love M$ as a computer company and hope they would at least be third-party if the XB360 were murde-... I mean to die. yeah... that's it. LOL

No. I'm not a nerd (I nintendo fan, but not a closed minded baised person). I have a social life. I don't have much time for vg's or this place to often. I love them like a son tho(SP?) LOL

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • What it all boils down to is that competition is tough you want to be the best, so what do you do...? You release your system first...what happens after that? The competition waits you out...and takes your flaws and fixes them...This could be Sony were talking about but it wasn't in this case.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I doubt the release of PS3 is going to be something to blow away x360 like the rest of you.

Firstly, like I've said before, it might not be better graphically, we'll have to wait and see, because of very different designs used by each company.
    Secondly, most PS3 game developers are working with first gen devkits right now, and word on the real status of the console isn't even ready for many of Sony's own employees, which are possible signs of buggy consoles, or possibly even non-final console specs, contrary to what they've told us before.

I'm a true Sony fan, but I just can't trust 'em yet. X360 still poses a large threat, and could still take over PS3 in the long run.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
    Years
  • Arrogance said:
    THe only thing I have of Microsoft os probobly my computer.

Recent reporting as saying the system is crshing in the middle of the game and ther are pictures to prove it on the net.

Yes, the Core systems ($299) have been crashing and Microsoft promised that they would replace them. The premiums are fine, though.

In my opinion, (I am a huge nintendo fanboy), I don't think that the 360 will go down as hard as the Dreamcast did, however, I really don't enjoy the Microsoft franchise. The only reason I own an XBox is because I got it for Christmas.

ZELDA 24/7!

Years
  • Only time will tell, but that is what I hope for. Then it will be the Big 2. In consoles, in handhelds, all da the way. One is standard, the other an innovative king. Man this is weirdly poetic, like.. One ring to rule them all. LOL

Back