• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Xerneas and Yveltal...

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So in each version, they naturally make mention of their respective legendaries... but there isn't one time that they mention the other versions legendary. By this I mean, I have version Y, and of course a good portion of the story revolves around Yveltal and the power it holds and blah blah, but there isn't one time that they mention anything about Xerneas.

Now, I don't know how it was in the 3rd generation as I never played them, but in all the previous ones, they made some sort of mention of the opposite or related legendaries at some point of the story.

I just thought this was weird and maybe worth discussing. They did make it seem that they were so old that almost no one knew anything about these Pokemon, so maybe that's got to do with it. I might be completely mistaken of course, but I don't remember reading anything about Xerneas in my version (and I imagine vice versa in X.)

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • Both Gen3 and Gen4's first games didn't make much use of the other legendary, if it was mentioned at all. Having both X and Y, I can recall a character in both games who speaks of "a Pokemon that creates life and a Pokemon that brings death" or something along those lines. Much like Rayquaza and Giratina (Kyurem too, but B/W did make use of the other legendary) where not mentioned in the initial version, Zygarde is given no significance to the plot. Either a third version or direct sequel that's sure to be released in the future will explain the relationship between Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

Reactions: Sun

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I remember not hearing any mention of the third Pokemon in previous games, but in previous games they (to my knowledge) at least mentioned the other legendary, in some way. I don't remember it happening in this game at all. Obviously, I don't remember everything... so what you're saying is totally possible and would make sense, but I just thought it was odd.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Going by Zygarde's Pokedex entries, if there is a Pokemon Z, it seems he'll play a big part instead.

"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

"It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives."

Seems like he will be the one dealing with Team Flare when they attack on Xerneas and Yveltal in the next game (Much like Rayquaza showing up to stop the battle between Groudon and Kyogre in RSE.).

Or, since his ability reversed those of the 2s, so he should be using his power to disable those of them, and angering Team Flare, causing them to want to attack Zygarde, in the turn, the character defended Zygarde. /Just a random thought.

Reactions: Sun
    Back