• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Xia's Showcase.

Xia

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Now before hand, I have a need to say that I have quite some showcases already loitering the archives of this forum. This is a call out to the mods, to not touch these in ways of deletion. This forum in the only place where these 8-year-old pixel works are stored, and have great nostalgic value to me. Ok? Okay. Here's one of them for good measure, my username then was Xiaphear; https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66458

Anyhow, off to measures at hand. My gallery. As stated above it's been a solid 7 to 8 years since I've touched this forum. Around that time request shops were banned from being created, figure that. To be clear THIS IS NOT A REQUEST SHOP. I remember some members not recognizing this through the format of the thread in the past. So just to be sure. If you want me to open one up, I'll consider it.

Now for the work; In the past I did pokemon fusions. With the sub-pokemon-applied-on-base-pokemon methode - there's nothing wrong with that FYI - but I've gone past that, and applied my fakemon making skill to fusions, by making scratch fusions; designing a blend between the two, and only using official colors.

Xia's Showcase.
    Xia's Showcase.

I'd say two collections of assorted pokemon fusions will reach the image count of 3 by itself, wouldn't it? haha ;D

And ofcourse, as before mentioned, I do fakemon too;
    These are part of the Ixius region. Let me just nab this from my deviantart, and paste it in a nice spoiler. Because it's big ;D
    Spoiler:

That about covers it for now. Xia out --

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    I love this! Nice work. Hope you don't mind if I stalk this thread haha.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow dude.. if those are really scratch fusions, than I'm extremely impressed. Hell, even your eight year old sprites are worth noting. This is some incredibly nice work you've got here Xia. I have to say, I think I like your fakemon the best. Some of them are so creative and awesome looking. But, moreover, I think it's just your sheer skill with the pixel medium that I'm most taken aback by. Both your scratch fusions and fakemon read so well and, above all, are believable. That's what strikes me most.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you continue updating this. You're seriously talented and your work needs to be on display! And, honestly, I think you would do well with a shop so long as you have the time and means to run it. I can only imagine how happy some would be having a custom sprite from you, seeing as your quality runs so high. But hey, that's just my opinion. :)

This gallery is truly fantastic. Please continue updating it!

Xia

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Thank you for the kind words Fairy.

In that thread 8 years ago I also tried to make pokemon able to be used in the MMO game Maplestory. I wasn't that great in copying the style they offered. So just now, I tried again.

Xia's Showcase.

On the far left is nothing more than one of the offical maplestory character works. There for no other reason than size reference. - Maplestory © Nexon.

In the Middle there's the game-like try of mine of the pokemon Aron. And on the far right is the same attempt of 8 years prior.

Talking about redoing art.

Xia's Showcase.

Here is a remake of a pixel art which I, back in the time refered to as my first scatch sprite. I remade that following same colors and basic shapes (the latter less strict) and put in in a fakemon format. This on the other hand is not a fakemon, and will not appear in my pokedex.

Xia out.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I like your work very much. Very witty of you to think of this idea. I like your colors that you have used. It got me thinking of a sort of umbreon fire morph hmmm.

Back