• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] XSE pulling 00 space from Emerald

timson733333

Woah.
Years
  • Hey all, I've been working on an Emerald hack as of late using the 650 base, and recently got into scripting. Of course, I was super excited about that, so I made a bunch of scripts with XSE, thinking that it would use FF space instead of 00 space. Because after all, I searched for tons of bytes of FF space using FSF, so of course it would, right?

Wasn't until I tried creating more scripts, and they just turned into "[PLAYER] received a PP Up!" for no reason. I wrote everything correctly, but every time I tested anything it would just be more PP Ups. I looked into the ROM file and saw that a ton of 00 space had been overwritten while the FF space that I found using FSF was left completely untouched. Then, I tried setting #dynamic to a very high offset where there was only FF space, and XSE refused to compile it, saying that there wasn't enough space.

What do I do? There doesn't seem to be any option to force XSE to use FF on Emerald instead of 00. Is there another command I have to put specifically for Emerald to make it compile correctly, or is XSE just borked with Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Use the command "#freespace 0xFF" at the start of your script to fix this. ;)

Could you perhaps write an example script?

Im new to scripting but when i see scripts, its like this

#dynamic 0x(blahblah)

#org @start

and so on. what your saying is to do...

#freespace 0x(regular free space code?)

#org @whatever

Right?

Back