• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen XY-compatible Hoenn Box Legendaries

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    I recently found out the hard way that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza caught in ORAS can't be traded or transferred to XY, so the only way to get them to complete your dex in XY (aside from a few events) is (as far as I can tell) to catch them in an older game and transfer them up. Luckily I have HG and a friend of mine has SS so we can get all three as soon as we've both beaten Red, but not everyone still has access to RSE/HGSS. Once I've got them and transferred them up, would you all be interested in a dex completion giveaway? I don't have Powersaves to clone so this would just be tradebacks, but I figure it'll still be useful just for dex completion. If I did, I'd likely post it the Quick Trades board and advertise it here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yep, Alexshi1 is correct, every pokemon in ORAS and XY can be traded back and forth currently (except for Cosplay pikachu, except for between ORAS games that is) you just have to make sure they don't know ORAS exclusive moves (just take them to the move deleter, because Kyogre and Groudon's exclusive moves are level up moves in ORAS and can be retaught at any time, and Rayqauza's exclusive move can be taught again by the woman at Meteor Falls) or are holding ORAS exclusive mega stones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish they had DLC available to extend the game's mechanics; these moves will surely be available in future titles, so why not make them usable in X and Y as well, considering how recent they are?

Back