• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen y u do dis 2 me Pachirisu :(

Years
    Okay, I'm in the friend safari shiny hunting, but also using six lvl 100 Pachirisu with the pickup ability hoping for a leftovers, but instead, I've gotten 5 or 6 prism scales (leftovers and prism scales being in the 1% pickup category.) Lo and behold, no leftovers have been found, and was wondering what kind of luck anyone else has had using the pickup method!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    When I'm out shiny hunting, I actually do the same thing - except with a team of two lvl 100 meowths (payday ftw) and four Linoones with pickup. 8D (I adore the pickup ability). Honestly, I've never gotten many leftovers. Get a ton of prism scales, rare candies and the two evolutionary stones commonly found (Sun stone and moon stones I think?) I sell everything they find for extra cash to use with breeding projects.

I always thought I was the only one who used a full team with the pickup ability to snap up goodies to sell, or potions to use (I don't think I've ever bought any potions in game thanks to my team of Linoones!). Glad to know I'm not the only person who does this!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    So I never thought of this. :) Good idea! I beat the game a while back so haven't been able to make money from battling trainers and I'm running a little low. ): I might try this. I love Pachirisu anyway. C:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I never thought of this. :) Good idea! I beat the game a while back so haven't been able to make money from battling trainers and I'm running a little low. ): I might try this. I love Pachirisu anyway. C:

A thing that also helps getting money while doing this is get 5 pokemon with Pickup and have your 6th pokemon that is actually battling a Smeargle with Happy Hour, Payday, Recover and Refresh while holding the Amulet Coin so just wander around defeating pokemon. The money is calculated as 5 times the value of the pokemon level, doubled by Happy hour and Doubled again by Amulet Coin, so a level 100 Smeargle can get 2000 coins every use (100 X 5 X 2 X 2 = 2000) and pokemon that take more than one hit to be defeated accumulates each use. (obviously there's not very many wild pokemon that will take more than 1 hit from a level 100 Smeargle but it's possible. So if you were in a battle that the Smeargle took 10 hits to finish, like say a gym or elite four battle, that battle will result in 20,000 coins + whatever you normally win after that battle) you'll have LOADS of money!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    Wow thanks for the advice Howmander. :) I never would have found that otherwise! I better go and catch a Smeargle, I thought they were useless lol. I'm raising some Linoones now, but they're not being good to me. I've just had one pick up a great ball. I hope I get some better loot!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    A thing that also helps getting money while doing this is get 5 pokemon with Pickup and have your 6th pokemon that is actually battling a Smeargle with Happy Hour, Payday, Recover and Refresh while holding the Amulet Coin so just wander around defeating pokemon. The money is calculated as 5 times the value of the pokemon level, doubled by Happy hour and Doubled again by Amulet Coin, so a level 100 Smeargle can get 2000 coins every use (100 X 5 X 2 X 2 = 2000) and pokemon that take more than one hit to be defeated accumulates each use. (obviously there's not very many wild pokemon that will take more than 1 hit from a level 100 Smeargle but it's possible. So if you were in a battle that the Smeargle took 10 hits to finish, like say a gym or elite four battle, that battle will result in 20,000 coins + whatever you normally win after that battle) you'll have LOADS of money!
    Or you can go to the Battle Chateau and get a lot more than the 100 from Payday as a battling prize. Still take the Smeargle you specified to multiply it, but it's much quicker at the Chateau than doing 100 a pop. Have two very strong battlers (Lv.70+ perhaps, one a Smeargle and the other something you'll swap to for any battling at LV.40 and above; Smeargle should be able to withstand lower), still leaves four slots for your pickup, and a prize of - say - 5,000 becomes 5,000 X 3 X 2 X 2 = 60,000 by the above formula.

Or just forget the Pay Day strategy and defeat anything that moves in the Chateau. That's a load of money right there, and others appear later on or while you're wandering. Gym Leaders even reappear. Fun times.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Or you can go to the Battle Chateau and get a lot more than the 100 from Payday as a battling prize. Still take the Smeargle you specified to multiply it, but it's much quicker at the Chateau than doing 100 a pop. Have two very strong battlers (Lv.70+ perhaps, one a Smeargle and the other something you'll swap to for any battling), still leaves four slots for your pickup, and a prize of - say - 5,000 becomes 5,000 X 3 X 2 X 2 = 60,000 by the above formula.

you missed the point of my post, it wasn't to gain money, it was for people who were going around to collect items with their team of 5 pokemon with the Pick Up ability: While they're going around collecting random items, they can in addition be getting money. Since Pickup only has a 10% chance of finding an item the whole point was quantity of random encounters, not less encounters with greater money payout.

Years
    I'm glad you're aware of it now Tyheamma! I wanted to report back to say I have finally found my first leftovers! More prism scales, but it's totally worth it when you take the item from your pokemon and see it was actually leftovers! And Howmander, that's very interesting haha I didn't even begin to think about the multiplying method for additional gold income.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    you missed the point of my post, it wasn't to gain money, it was for people who were going around to collect items with their team of 5 pokemon with the Pick Up ability: While they're going around collecting random items, they can in addition be getting money. Since Pickup only has a 10% chance of finding an item the whole point was quantity of random encounters, not less encounters with greater money payout.
    Point taken. I was thinking post-game money-making.

Years
    I get candies and Sun Stones frequently. Not many Prism Scale.

Maybe because I keep a Prism-on-a-Pickup... the RNG gods end up favoring me.
    Doubtful, but would be nice.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Sun Stones are found via Pickup?

Now I have something to do. That's something I could use a few of for evolution purposes. Now to find Moon Stones, Thunderstones, Dusk Stones, Dawn Stones, etc...

Years
    Sun Stones are found via Pickup?

Now I have something to do. That's something I could use a few of for evolution purposes. Now to find Moon Stones, Thunderstones, Dusk Stones, Dawn Stones, etc...

Sun Stones and Moon Stones are the only evolutionary stones available through pickup. I have enough of the stones to have my own personal army of Clefable and Sunflora. I also get tons of rare candies :) there are some great guides on Youtube about the pickup ability.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Here's a job for ya Donny!
    Spoiler:

My wonderful Linoone, raised as a core member of my X playthrough. I don't believe in having "Pick-up" slaves so this wonderful guy was just a gift from Arceus. As early as level 21, he was giving me gifts of King's Rock and the occasional Sun Stone. He's now level 100, and while he's not exactly suitable for competitive battling (Modest nature rofl), I still take him out on journeys and use him to aid in training other weaker Pokemon.
    These days he usually picks me up powerful healing items and the occasional evolution stone, and I'll always take the opportunity to play with him in Pokemon Amie.

Donny will always be my friend, and I shall do everything I can to preserve him for future generations.

Years
    Here's a job for ya Donny!
    Spoiler:

My wonderful Linoone, raised as a core member of my X playthrough. I don't believe in having "Pick-up" slaves so this wonderful guy was just a gift from Arceus. As early as level 21, he was giving me gifts of King's Rock and the occasional Sun Stone. He's now level 100, and while he's not exactly suitable for competitive battling (Modest nature rofl), I still take him out on journeys and use him to aid in training other weaker Pokemon.
    These days he usually picks me up powerful healing items and the occasional evolution stone, and I'll always take the opportunity to play with him in Pokemon Amie.

Donny will always be my friend, and I shall do everything I can to preserve him for future generations.
    I think I shed a tear. That was beautiful :')

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
    I have two lv 91+ Pachirisus with Pickup.

I can tell you I've got 3 leftovers already from them. The probability is 1% IIRC, and I did not have the ~300 battles on average that it would take to get them, I had close to 100 or less.
    So yeah, in leftovers I've been pretty lucky.

While you don't get leftovers, it's always good to get dozens of moon stones, sun stones, PP Ups and Rare Candies :)

I plan to eventually get a pickup Teddiursa, because with Sweet Scent it will be great when I am fighting hordes for EV training, instead of wasting a teamslot for Ivysaur - I get 3 pickupers working :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I can confirm I've gotten my Diggersby (I chose two Bunnelby received via trades for the XP boost) closing in on the 60s and they have each acquired Sun and Moon Stones by now. I did get one Moon Stone in an ultra rare level (I think a 1% area), but Sun Stones started appearing a little later. I believe I have four of each now including the ones I already had.

My next target will be the Shiny, Dusk, and Dawn Stones. However, I see I will have to do Super Training. Do you get the reward multiple times, or is that once only? I guess I have to pay Psychic Inver a visit, too, and hope for it at random.

Back