• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yay...a diploma for spending 200 hours filling up my pokedex...

merfyz

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    Is anyone else very disappointed that nintendo/gamefreak, all they gave you after spending hours and hours filling up your national pokedex, and all you get is a stupid diploma.

I would have rather'd getting a legendary pokemon, or a secret area, OR ANYTHING ELSE. Instead i get a stupid diploma, which isn't even worth braging about because if you do people will just think your stupid.

"Oh so you spend 200 hours on your game filling up your pokedex, must have been a good reward! What did you get?"

"Ohhh ya kno,...i got a diploma, that says i'm awesome..."

"Ohh ya.........cool. Cool."

"......................"

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If you're going to go into the National Pokedex business, you should definitely know why you're doing it beforehand. I just like the idea of having a full one. :'3

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    This is exactly why I've never bothered trying to "catch them all" Why bother? Their entries can be found online, a cheat code, hack, save file or something can get you one almost instantly, and it most of the games its practically impossible to get all of the pokemon anyway...

In the original/remakes, they should give you mew for having 150 pokemon, and kept doing that kind of thing. Fill up the regional pokedex, and get celebi/jirachi/manaphy/victini. Fill up the whole thing, and get a really good tm, rare candies, or something. Just anything besides a diploma...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Why would you want a legend? You already have them all. But seriously what did you expect to happen, a brand new region? \; I'm happy with the diploma I look at it and think, "you're all of my hard work."

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Why would you need anything? OMG a shiny trophy for catching all the pokemon I am so cool now! You have every pokemon as it is, so isn't that rewarding enough? What do you honestly expect you were going to get? If it makes you feel better *E Pat on the Back*. So games open up secret areas to get pokemon, so there is your secret area.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    You do get another star in your training card for completing your pokedex... so that's something else. Though I'd love some kind of unlocking whole another region or something. But that'll probably never happen.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is exactly why I've never bothered trying to "catch them all" Why bother? Their entries can be found online, a cheat code, hack, save file or something can get you one almost instantly, and it most of the games its practically impossible to get all of the pokemon anyway...

This argument is just silly. Why bother completing any game then? If you wait one month after the game is released, probably less, every cutscene in the game will be online. Might as well stop getting video games then, right? It's not about the Pokedex entries, it's about the journey to getting all the Pokemon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I think this is one of those cases where your experiences and everything you've gotten as a result of your hardships is your reward, rather than what you actually get at the end. I think it could have been something a little more rewarding for your efforts (and that'd encourage people to finish the game more), but I think the way the reward is now - that is, the reward being in the accomplishment - suits the game just fine and they don't need to add any more. :)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The sense of accomplishment after you finished hard challenge is enough. Although I never try to fill my pokedex, I know that feeling when I'm trying to get my first Platinum ps3 Trophy.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    'Catching them all'' was your journey in the first place, completing the Pokdex was your first priority, but I do agree with you, they could of had that reward system were there were Professors helpers scattered around the region giving you good items, depending on how much you filled your Pokedex like in Firered Leafgreen/Red and Blue... I feel relieved that my Pokedex is finished though. First time I've ever done it! Legit...

merfyz

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    The thing for me is, it just feels too much like work to fill it up, and the only reason i would do all that work is for a reward. I mean sure if you think its fun to fill up your pokedex then maybe you don't feel you need a reward.

I once was like that, but then i found this site: https://www.pokecheck.org/
    and realized this site could give me every pokemon for free, no effort, just time putting them all into your game. I no longer could be like "heyyy lets go catch that feebas, even though it will probably take me an hour to find it...when i could just go to that site and get it in 5 minutes".... Hacks also ruined the whole experience for me too. I find it more hard to find legit shiny's and legendary's because you have to sort through all the crap to find the needle in the hay stack.

Now certain people's Rebuttals to this would be, well don't use that site, don't use those hacks. BUT it takes away the regular path because why would anyone in they're right mind choose the harder path, knowing there is an easier one.

There's tons of games i play that have hacks, and i choose not to use them so my experience with the game will be funner, but for example one huge method for getting different pokemon for me was the GTS, but now that the GTS is filled will endless number's of hacked pokemon that once again takes away from my experience.

So i'm left with getting the pokemon myself, even though thats impossible because i'm not going to buy another game and none of my friends play pokemon so i have no one to trade with in my life.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would suggest you take a look into the Trade Corner here on PC if the GTS isn't your cup of tea. You can find most Pokemon there fairly easily, and considering a lot of what is traded are shinies and legendaries, you could probably get people to give you most Pokemon for free.

I know hacks exist, I'm sure I could figure out how to use them fairly easily. I choose not to. If you don't have fun filling up your Pokedex, don't do it. Unless someone is tricking you into thinking something isn't a hack when it is, or fighting you with hacked Pokemon, their hacking should not affect you in any way, shape, or form. Just the knowledge that someone else hacks shouldn't ruin your experience of the game. If it does, it's not a problem with them, it's a problem with your tendencies. You want everyone to be forced to take the hard way because you can't trust yourself not to use the easy way if it's available. That's not their fault, honestly.

merfyz

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    I would suggest you take a look into the Trade Corner here on PC if the GTS isn't your cup of tea. You can find most Pokemon there fairly easily, and considering a lot of what is traded are shinies and legendaries, you could probably get people to give you most Pokemon for free.

I know hacks exist, I'm sure I could figure out how to use them fairly easily. I choose not to. If you don't have fun filling up your Pokedex, don't do it. Unless someone is tricking you into thinking something isn't a hack when it is, or fighting you with hacked Pokemon, their hacking should not affect you in any way, shape, or form. Just the knowledge that someone else hacks shouldn't ruin your experience of the game. If it does, it's not a problem with them, it's a problem with your tendencies. You want everyone to be forced to take the hard way because you can't trust yourself not to use the easy way if it's available. That's not their fault, honestly.

They do trick you to think its a hacked pokemon, GTS for example there is no way to tell its a hack until your trade it. That's what i'm talking about. If you would have looked my the first thing in my sig you would see i already have a HUGE trader on this site. Its was fun until all the pokemon i wanted i can now get for free on that site.

If funny because most of you seem so defensive about it "just don't do it then", like **** you think i didn't think about that? That's the reason i didn't finish completing my pokedex. I just wanted to see if anyone else shared the same feelings about the stupid diploma, so you don't need to get so defensive LOL.

Man people take things that they like too seriously. This ruined trading for me, and i am aloud to have that opinion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    They do trick you to think its a hacked pokemon, GTS for example there is no way to tell its a hack until your trade it. That's what i'm talking about. If you would have looked my the first thing in my sig you would see i already have a HUGE trader on this site. Its was fun until all the pokemon i wanted i can now get for free on that site.

If funny because most of you seem so defensive about it "just don't do it then", like **** you think i didn't think about that? That's the reason i didn't finish completing my pokedex. I just wanted to see if anyone else shared the same feelings about the stupid diploma, so you don't need to get so defensive LOL.

Man people take things that they like too seriously. This ruined trading for me, and i am aloud to have that opinion.

We're sharing our opinion, which is that you're way too affected by what other people are doing in their own games and we don't agree that some Joe Schmo hacking in his personal game ruins the fun of collecting every Pokemon. We're welcome to our opinion just as much as you're welcome to yours. :)

Honestly, having no big reward for completing the National Dex means that people generally won't hack to get it. I mean, all they'll get is a diploma saying they did it, and bragging rights, which doesn't seem like enough to bother editing ~650 Pokemon into your game.

The GTS is bad, yeah, but the GTS has always been bad - that's why it's generally better to get together with friends and trade to complete, or do it on here. And I'm sorry for not reading your signatures, when it's just basic text without looking like much effort is put into it my eyes tend to skip over it. :P

Years
    Whaddya expect?
    Money?
    A Medal?

Heh, Game Freak and Nintendo should treat n' spoil us a bit.
    Completing the Pokedex musta have a real prize you get in life without the use of Cheat Codes. Like this, i won 2nd place of the school's Spelling Bee and got a diploma!
    I'm happier--but look deeper in a video game. The ban of using cheat codes is a must.
    IF Game Freak and Nintendo rewards us something precious after melting your eye.
    Like money through the internet right?
    Or an extra free demo of a game!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Instead i get a stupid diploma, which isn't even worth braging about because if you do people will just think your stupid.

There is something to brag about, if you are friends with many people who happen to love playing Pokemon....well there you go, you can brag about your success.

:t354:TG

Back