• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yay for Timeline Gallerys~

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
SLOOOOW LOADING FOR SLOOOW CONNECTIONS~

I'm not sure if we can post gallery's here, and if we can't, just lock this up~

But I thought it'd be fun to show a timeline of banners I've made. They don't have dates. Why? Because most of them are so old I can't remember when I made them. XDD The ones I hate the most are in links, because I'm too embarassed to show them off freely. :xx Anyway, hope you have fun surfing through the history of PS, I'm definetely glad I can make -partially- decent banners and such now.

This banner was made on paint, and I simply cut and paste, put a border, and added ugly text.
15.png

First time I typed vertically.
Scyther Morph

This banner has my very first render in it. I was stupid and didn't use the polygonal lasso. Instead I used the freeform. :// *It sucked.* I'll probably re-do this once I get tired of my current one... maybe. < <; First photoshop made banner. Figured out how to use layers (a little) with this.
The ugliness burns.

First faded effects. Fanfiction banner, I hate it. < <;
Look! Old geezers!

First time I made my own background. I ended up using this set of brushes a million times over. < <;; Figured out the emboss stuff too. xD;
I don't really like this one, but it's in link because it's kind of big.

First time using the contrast and color adjustment tools. Boy am I glad I discovered those. ^^; Made for my quizilla quiz. I'm not sure what it's fate was, but it's not a very interesting quiz. xDD Figured out the layer effects while I was at it~
Vall3.png

My masterpiece. And still my masterpiece. I love it. I love it still. First time using vector brushes, but believe it or not, I still hadn't figured out stroke, even though there looks like there's a stroke around Zoro. There had originally been a stroke, and I was stupid and just cut out the stroke too. Figured out the opacity tools too. First banner I made myself that I didn't hate completely. It's big, but because I lovez it so much it gets to stay as an img.
Zoro.png

Thankfully, at this point, I figured out how to use stroke. First time using the select border as well.
Basically a Sanji spin on Zoro's banner.

Second time using a real person in my graphics. The first time is on my other account, and I'm too lazy to go look for it. xDD But to the point: The first one looks just like this, except it's a different picture of Younha, and it's color scheme is yellow and black instead.
Younha.png

First time using the widescreen borders, even though I covered it up with some brushing.
TylerBanner.png

First successful manga rendered banner. My second pride and joy, after my Zoro banner. Learned the pop-up effect.
Satoshi.png

It's about time I learned how to do those lines. < <;; THANK YOU KAIORA/NATTI-POO. I spent about what, a year trying to figure out those low opacity lines?? Roleplay banner, one of my favorite pieces, but not a pride and joy.
SatoshiAvatar-1.png

My current Deidara set is my third pride and joy. :3 So yeah! That's the history of my short and sad graphics making career. There are other one's that are.. worse... but I'm not going to show them to you. :x They're too humiliating, and I'm not even sure if I still have them or not. xDD

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Cause Bijou's timeline thread needs some love as well <3
Plus I need to repay you for stealing your momentum... Sorry about that xP

Well, I see an obvious improvement in your skills over time xD Your first banner is ten times better than mine. *shivers* Trust me, you do NOT want to see my first banner...

I really like the Zoro and Sanji banners. I'm not sure why, but it has something to do with the style. The embossed text kinda bugs me though O_o

The Satoshi one is good too... (I don't even know who he is >_>). Yeah... I really like the splatter stuff in the background. And the pop-up effect is cool too, and goes in really nicely with the banner.

Darn it... Now I want to make one of these threads >x<

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
Years
More love for this thread <33333333333333 =DD~ Anyways, you have really improved from your first banner, unlike me </3 Dx. I <3 your Sanji banner, and you are really good at rendering stuff. Trust meh, I suxxors at it xD. But one of my favorite is the Deidei one (did you know I was going to say that xD?) But your Zoro one is really good and I love all the brushes and color scheme's you use, they are vewy purdy <3. In all, you have SUPAH~ly improved and your banners are great~! Oh, and I'm stealing the Deidara one xD <3 =D~

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
xDD

Chika-chan: *gasp* *choke* *die* S-S-S-Second favorite!?!?!? *blizzard freezes chibi-styled Bijou as pans fall on her head, labeled 'Not Deserving', 'Inadequate Graphics Maker', 'PRESSURE', and 'SUPER-HAPPY-THANK-YOU!!!* <--- Yeah, I'm in a very asterisk mood. xDD Can't stop thinking of those little drawings manga artists make on the side of the actual story telling little storys about themselves. *Shot* Oh my gosh. xDD I totally remember when I made you that Chikara banner. xDD Now that I look back... I don't want to look back. xDD

(HOMG. CHIKA! OURAN!! HUNNY'S LITTLE BROTHER!! HOMG!!! *tranquilized*)

Shiranui: Hell YES you stole my MOMENTUM. >OO *shot* The embossed text bugs me too. SHHHHHHHHH (DARN YOU, I LIKE THAT EMBOSSED TEXT. >O) *cough*

Oh-ho-ho, TRUST ME, that's not my first banner. And it only looks good because Aethereality has really prettiful pictures. < <;; (And because I'm too embarassed to show you guys the scarier ones.) My first banner would have to be a JPEG shot of a Bleedman comic strip, stretched and skewed to fit, instead of cropped. I don't even think I have it anymore. x_x;; Thank god.

Satoshi is Morinozuka Takashi's little brother from Ouran Highschool Host Club. He's a manga-only character, which SUCKS.

Thanks so much for commenting Shira-chwan~ (Hey hey, did you reject my invite for MSN, you sneaky little Momentum-stealer you? xDD)

MIKI-CHAN~ I think I'm going to die of happiness. So many comments from MASTAH OF UNIVERSE AT PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING I CAN DO. DD:

Rendering. xDD On the Satoshi on, I just cut out around a thin white line and added a stroke. That's why the renders look good. xDDD Because I add the stroke and it covers up the ugly extra's. *shot* (I did that with the Deidara Banner. x_x) *shot* (I cheat.) *shot*

DEIDARA!!! Womg. I stole your other Deidara Banner. :OO It's TOO awesome. It burns my ego everytime I look at it. (But here I am, sitting there for half an hour staring at it until my ego becomes a black, crispy pancake that's the size of a penny. xDD)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
xDD No, I wouldn't. Chikara, as in like, your name on it, but I just remembered it was still Teresa at that point in time.

It's hard to remember these things when you switch set's so much after so long, isn't it? xD; I don't even remember when I used the first banner on my timeline.

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
Years
WOW, you're really good and have gotten good. XD I'm tempted to make one of these. :3

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Make one? xDD; Whaa?

Like copy one? *feel free, I'm just confused as to what you're saying*

But thanks very much. :33

EDIT-CHING: ZOMG. HAHAHA, I GET IT NOW. Make a timeline thread: Haaa~ I totally didn't get it. xDD;

Last edited:
Back