• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezoka

Nom de Nom Nom
Years
  • I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section. If it's not too much trouble could a moderator move it into the correct section? :nervous:

Long story short, I've noticed that in all games in the showcase section, the sprites people use are either modifications of game-rips (i.e they are custom sprites, but the are based on the template of the actual in-game sprites) or the game-rips themselves (default Pokemon sprites in Poke-essentials). That's great and all, but when the resolution is adjusted to become larger, the pixels get stretched and the overall image just looks... pixelly.

I've started a graphical conversion project, where the images are enlarged and the lines are smoothed. Once completed, I'm planning on releasing all of it to the public in a pack.

I've attached an example of what I'm doing.

This thread is more or less a discussion, do you think this style is better? Do you think it might not be very Pokemon-like?

Last edited:

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    I agree that it wouldn't be very Pokemon-like, but that's only because we haven't had anything of the sort from Game Freak.

It wouldn't be a bad thing, at any rate.

Mezoka

Nom de Nom Nom
    Years
  • Yay from me.

offtopic: aren't these girls ment to be 10 y/o?? jesus nintendo!

Ah, thanks for your support and yeah, I totally agree that the trainers look quite, um... well equipped for their age.

I'm kind unsure as to what range I should convert, as I'm aiming to convert all Pokemon & trainer sprites (including those from previous gens), but I'm not sure if I should do the same for the overworld and tilesets.

I'd better get started on Touya now, since I've got nothing better to do.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yay from me.

offtopic: aren't these girls ment to be 10 y/o?? jesus nintendo!

The protagonists in the new games are teenagers.

And this is something that probably belongs in Pixel Art, as it doesn't have much to do with Game Development at all really.

Also, you mean 'yea', 'yay' is an exclamation of excitement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back