• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Hogwarts RPG of Ye Year of 1 (You got anything better?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OOC: now if only David could join..

IC: I paced in short circles, not meeting anyone's eyes. I lived alone almost all my life, this was going to be no diffrent. as least I was safe here from the outside world. Then I looked up, at the people around me. Perhaps I wasn't. Vampires were accepted nowhere..

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I reached over to my left side, grasping for a sword that wasn't there. It was a nervous habit of mine, checking that my blade was clear in the scabbard. Now, I had only my belt knife and wand (13 inches, yew and Dementor bone, a family heriloom) to keep me from harm. Looking back at the doors, I eyed the new arrivals warily, and after a moment's consideration, walked over and said formally "Good evening, friends. Might I inquire as to thy names, fine lady and good sir?"

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Avril?s pale cerulean eyes slightly sparkled; she always loved making new friends. A grin formed on her face, portraying the sweet and ecstatic child she was.

"Good evening, err, sir." Avril started feeling rather uneasy when talking in such a formal way. "My name is Avril, pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Kanone eyed him distrustfully and stood closer to Avril before speaking. "Kanone." He said in a tone rather bitter; it was hardly audible, in fact. "And you are?"

Avril gazed at her brother, curious of his actions. "Brother, be polite." She warned in a whisper.

Years
    I wathed them with an un-blinking gaze, before sighing loudly, and moving away from them. I dug into my robe, pulling out a bottle of blood that i was slighly lased with alcohal, that has half drained. I didn't drink much, or often, jsut to drown my current emotion, and I could easily cover it as cherry soda.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Formalities, formalities.
    Vera rolled her eyes towards the ceiling. Already, people were getting ever-so chummy with one another.

This was the last straw for her. She grew red on the face with frustration, then it pleasantly cooled, and her left fist uncurled, as she began to plot a outburst that'd show those stick-in-the-muds around here that something should be going on. Maybe punching somebody would be nice, as well...

Before deciding on a action, she felt a twinge of quiet envy at the others' easy way of making friends.

~Ozy~

Years
    "Adair, milady, Adair. A pleasure to meet you both." I bowed formally, the moved to beside the girl, and most certainly the more courteous of the pair.

Years
    I took a few sips of the blood, and I started to feel less depressed, but i still felt miserable. I was an outsider here too. But there was nothing I could do. I glansed at the rest of the blood, and had an idea. Vampires could be killed by holy water. Perhaps suicide would be better than this..

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Avril's enchanting smile never left her face, it only broadened. "Adair? What a unique name!" She exclaimed happily, giggling softly.

Kanone kept his eyes at the ceiling. He did not trust that boy as it had always been in his nature to be distrustful. He gritted his teeth and waited impatiently. This was taking too long for him.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Vera's eyes suddenly flew downward to the floor. She stared at the marble floor, eying the cracks. What good would it do?

The fist left became unclenched, and she raised her head up, and for some reason, started searching the crowds. Perhaps at least becoming another's acquaintance would be enough.

Grey landed on a girl -infact, the pale one she had seen following her and the siblings- with red.

Maybe... Just maybe...

Inhaling quickly at the prospect of hopefully making her first-ever friend, she walking over to the other girl.

"Hello." She said quietly, hesitant at what to say to a stranger she didn't know, and wanted to know.

Years
    I looked over with a start, hastily puttign the bottle back into my robe.. 'oh, hi." I said, trying my best to appear both anti-social, but willing at the same time. My heart was racing at what felt like a million beats a minute, though it was probably a lot less.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    "Erm." Vera's mind was reeling with ideas as she looked right at the other. What was she to say to this girl? Her name? Oh Merlin, right, her name...

Her face was etched to conceal uncertainty about what to utter- though it worked only partly.
    "...I'm Vera."

Years
    "nice to meet you Vera. I'm Eclipse." I said, trying to keep calm and not stutter. I did not bother with last names or anything of the sort. I didn't give out much info, ever. This was to be no exception.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    Vera nodded, not particulary caring whether Eclipse gave out much information. The other girl seemed to be used to being alone, as well...

A moment of silence passed.

Soon, to her horror, Vera thoughtlessly blurted out a random idea that came into her head;

"Are you outside of it all as well? Do they shun you too-"

When realizing what she had just said, she rapidly muttered her apolopy:

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to say that. I'm-" She struggled with the word.
    She had never really given a regret to anyone, as she had never had anything to apologize for...

"-Sorry. I'm just alone all the time. I-I didn't mean to insult you. I can leave now, if you wish." Vera turned to leave upon Eclipse's future instruction.

Why did she become so senseless, so thoughtless? How could she ever have that that pathetic try would have made her a friend? Hah! The thought was stupid! Hah!

"Idiotic of me... Won't ever have any..." She mumbled to herself, then prayed that Eclipse hadn't heard that little slip-out.

Years
    "it's no insult. To me it isn't. It's mere truth. Yes, I am shunned from the majority of humankind." I said calmly. "If you wish to leave, I will not stop you." I finished, leaning aginst the wall.I just had to keep quiet that I was a vampire.. that wouldn't be to hard... right?

~Ozy~

Years
    "It's Celtic in origin" I replied, smiling myself (for once). I elaborated "My father renamed me after my mother died. Angered the rest of my paternal family to no end."

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    She turned, suprised, and managed to keep her face blank and lax, as it always was. Vera returned to her normal self, though traces of that disbelief still remained.

Had she actually survived that mortifiying encounter? It seemed so, but such a thing... Such a thing she never thought possible. Interacting wasn't near as bad as she thought it'd be.

"Thank you." The girl said normally, and then bore her eyes heavenwards as she added:
    "I'm also sorry for sounding so insecure and childish... I'm usually not like that. Though I do have a heated temper." Vera uttered flatly, then scanned the Hall to see if there was any other movement. There was. More students were coming in now.

Years
    I nodded, saying with a laugh "everybody has some problems. I have some unique ones of my own." I could feel the alchohal's effects making me dazed, and I could only hope that i didn't say something that I shouldn't..

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
    Avril's lips slightly trembled at the word die yet she struggled to keep her smile on. She thought it silly that she, an audicous girl, is afraid of a mere word. She shook her head and and dismissed her thoughts. It was not necessary for her to think of such things.

"I'm awfully sorry about your mother." She said in whisper.

Kanone knew Avril all too well. He was about to act when he saw the way she acted. He forced himself to stay put, though.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
    "I agree with you fully, Eclipse." Vera said casually, all the while shrieking banshee-like inside of her head; 'I can't believe it!'.

For some reason, Eclipse seemed to be in a dazed stupor, but Vera ignored that, as surely the other girl would want it to be passed by.

She was most likely just imagining the daze. Not that she was one for inventing things such as that... No need for that sort of questioning.

~Ozy~

Years
    "It's fine, really" I replied with no sense of what Avaril was feeling aside from the vague sense that it made her uncomfortable. I added by way of explanation "I was too young to have more than a few faint memories of her. What of your lives, my friends?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back