• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yeah, I'm Actually Going to Do It

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Whatever Swalot can do in standard, Muk can do better. Better HP (base 105), better Atk (base 105), better SDef (base 100). It can survive Psychic attacks and lol back with a STAB'd Sludge Bomb. If you predict switch-ins of Ground-types, Focus Punch makes a huge dent in them, if not an OHKO. And if I remember correctly, Muk was still BL in 3rd Gen. Fire Blast potentially 2HKOs Skarmory that want to wall you. Though Focus Punch hurts that a lot, too.

Hm what would moves, EVs, etc be?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I wouldn't use Muk either as you'd still be very weak to Choice Band attackers. you need a STRONG physical wall ASAP.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Skarmory will definitely work but I don't know nature or EVs and I added Whiscash over Granbull for a boltbeam knockoff.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Rest / Substitute
    - Drill Peck / Substitute
    - Roar

Sub if you fear magneton. And why whiscash? You alredy have starmie :/

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Rest / Substitute
    - Drill Peck / Substitute
    - Roar

Sub if you fear magneton. And why whiscash? You alredy have starmie :/

Thanks.
    And everyone knows starmies a boltbeamer so they switch out but no one except people who use Whiscash know it gets spark so I'll have the element of surprise.
    At least thats my logic.
    Maybe I could put another Rapid spinner though like Claydol.

Claydol@ leftovers
    EVs: 252spd/ 60spatk/ 198atk
    Trait:???
    Naughty
    -Explosion
    -Rapid spin
    -Psychic
    -EQ

What about this?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Thanks.
    And everyone knows starmies a boltbeamer so they switch out

Which means you have to out-predict them-that's pokemon ;)

but no one except people who use Whiscash know it gets spark so I'll have the element of surprise.
    At least thats my logic.

In that sense your logic is flawed for this reason: So you surprise Gyarados. It switches, and now what? IT'll only work once and that's it. Somebody (I don't remember who) once said that novelty sets are only worth using if they still work after the initial surprise, and I'd have to agree. Sadly, whiscash doesn't go in that category. Swampert is MUCH better.

Maybe I could put another Rapid spinner though like Claydol.

Claydol@ leftovers
    EVs: 252spd/ 60spatk/ 198atk
    Trait:???
    Naughty
    -Explosion
    -Rapid spin
    -Psychic
    -EQ

What about this?

You already have a spinner. You don't even need one if you have a magneton ;)

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    What? I think moves were not divided into Physical and Special back in 3rd gen.

Yeah they were they were diviided by type like ground, flying, ghost, etc were physical and fire, water, dark, etc were special.

nice creativity when chooseing the items xD

This is my first third gen team all the items I usually use don't exist. =/ The only other items I can think of are berries.

You already have a spinner. You don't even need one if you have a magneton ;)

But I don't have it so I should use it instead of Whishcash or am I just confused?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah they were they were diviided by type like ground, flying, ghost, etc were physical and fire, water, dark, etc were special.

Special moves: Water, ice, fire, electric, dark, dragon, psychic, grass

Physical moves: normal, fighting, flying, rick, ground, ghost, bug, poison, steel

And in response to Angel Shaymin, CB only works on physical attacks, no matter what gen it is.

This is my first third gen team all the items I usually use don't exist. =/ The only other items I can think of are berries.

Lefties and CB are usually the only items really of note to use in ADV.

But I don't have it so I should use it instead of Whishcash or am I just confused?

No whiscash, it does nothing for the team. What you need is something that can stond up to choice band attackers.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    What about Articuno cause it also offers cleric for skarm and snorlax.

Articuno@ lefties
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252hp/ 160def/ 98spdef
    Calm
    Heal Bell
    Haze/ Roar
    Ice beam
    HP electric

Possibly Roar for Phaze or bad matchup to get extra spikes damage.

Dragon is special??? ugh that gets a worthwile stab on two pokemon. gah

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What about Articuno cause it also offers cleric for skarm and snorlax.

Articuno@ lefties
    EVs: 252hp/ 160def/ 98spdef
    Calm
    Heal Bell
    Haze/ Roar
    Ice beam
    HP electric

Possibly Roar for Phaze or bad matchup to get extra spikes damage.

Dragon is special??? ugh that gets a worthwile stab on two pokemon. gah

Sleep Talk Articuno is by far the best. But articuno doesn't get heal bell on Netbattle because it hasn't been updated for pokemon to carry moves from Pokemon XD. At least there's no SR ;)

But if you want Articuno, I like:

Articuno @ Leftovers ** uber
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar / Substitute

Gengar has NOTHING on this set, any form. You can also go a more team support kind of deal...

Articuno @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Ice Beam
    - Haze / Roar
    - Filler

Yeah, Articuno is tough to use :/ There's also this lool set ;)

Articuno @ Petaya Berry / Leftovers
    EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam
    - Agility
    - Substitute

Sweeper. lol, I'd have to check the EVs again, but I used to run this and it works with great results. Eliminate Blissey with a Dugtrio or Heracross and you're good to sweep. But 316 SAtk is nothing to laugh at.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Yay no SR =p
    But they didn't put in XD moves gah there goes my cleric idea guess I'll use Blissey then ....... crap no I'm using Skarmbliss I don't want that too many people have it. Maybe I'll stick to the Resttalk Articuno for awhile and use Bliss if I really need it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Using both is redundant, unless you use a sweeper set for Cuno :0

Articuno can be a status absorber. It's very sturdy and can take all but rock type hits. You could use that over a cleric, which would mean more room for snorlax...and a rock resist lol

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Using both is redundant, unless you use a sweeper set for Cuno :0

Articuno can be a status absorber. It's very sturdy and can take all but rock type hits. You could use that over a cleric, which would mean more room for snorlax...and a rock resist lol

Hm I might try sweeper set for surprising my opponent.......... Going to test this on netbattle now.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Surprising doesn't do much, once they figure out the Set, and a Counter for it, It's really over. IMO.

No, you aren't seeing how the set owrks. After agility, the surprise is over-they know you're going to try to sweep. It's for when your foe's team is weakened and their special wall is either KOed or is low enough on health that it wouldn't survive. Then you send in articuno for the FIRST TIME (important!) to surprise them. too bad they won't be able to stop you :P The best part though is that it can take repeated abuse from anything it can't OHKO, and behind a sub it's just all over.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    Well when I first changed my team it went from est. power 62 to est. power 64 if that means anything but the server went down during my first fight right when I sent out Articuno too. =/

But Anti I blindly test alot of my teams for at least 2-3 fights until I can think up a strategy for it and I'm used to figuring out my team like this.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well when I first changed my team it went from est. power 62 to est. power 64 if that means anything but the server went down during my first fight right when I sent out Articuno too. =/

But Anti I blindly test alot of my teams for at least 2-3 fights until I can think up a strategy for it and I'm used to figuring out my team like this.

That sin't going to work. to have a useful test, you need it to be in a team it can function with. It also needs porper support to work, a heracross and a skarmbliss killer work best.

I've already used it. It works, but again, you'll need proper support. It also has problems with metagross, so eliminate that and other steels before proceeding to sweep.

Back