• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Yellow version - help!

Years
    i restarted my yellow version a while back coz i couldn't be bothered to do much on it at the time (i surfed backwards to cinnabar island coz i couldnt be bothered to get articuno!). right now i have just done silph co and this is my squad:
    Pikachu Lv. 38
    Venusaur Lv. 32
    Charmelion Lv. 32
    Wartortle Lv 32
    Pigeotto Lv. 32
    Butterfree Lv 32
    i'm really annoyed because sabrina's pokemon are apparently all lv. 50! it will take me forever to train them all to that! can anyone give me any tips on what to do, what levels to train to or where to train etc coz i'm really stressing! i can't remember how i did it the 1st time... should i train up and beat Koga first coz his levels are lower?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Go to The Seafoam Island surf and battle the swimmwrs and battle the Bikers.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Sabrina's Pokemon: L38 Kadabra, L37 Mr. Mime, L38 Venomoth, L43 Alakazam.

What's the problem? What moves does your Pikachu know, cos you really should be able to trash the first three at least.

Years
    Dark_Lugia said:
    Sabrina's Pokemon: L38 Kadabra, L37 Mr. Mime, L38 Venomoth, L43 Alakazam.

What's the problem? What moves does your Pikachu know, cos you really should be able to trash the first three at least.

well, in my 'Nintendo Official Magazine Master Guide' (its falling to pieces its so old) it gives you the walkthroughs for red blue and yellow, and it says in there that sabrina's pokemon are Abra Lv. 50 Kadabra Lv. 50 and Alakazam Lv 50. it seems unfair, they're so high! my pikachu knows Slam, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt. i was just looking for tips on areas to train in

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Thunderbolt should get you through it, unless your guide is somehow right. If your Pidgeotto knows why, use it in the Venomoth, it should be faster, but Venomoth's psychic will probably take up anywhere between 80-100%of Pidgeotto's HP. I would start fighting Alakazam with Thunderwave and then just thunderbolt his *** til you win.

If your guide's right, the best place I can think for training is by going to Fuschia, getting the Super Rod and fishing like hell all over the place to get Venusaur, Butterfree and Pikachu raised. Other than that, I think the Bike Road has quite strong Pokemon on it.

Years
    Ok, here's some help:
    Go to Fuschia, surf to the Seafoam Cave, battle as many Pokemon as you can to get your Pokemon a bit stronger, than do the puzzle, and capture Articuno. It's a gradually good way to actually have an advantage against Sabrina. Just get good TMs. use then on your Pokemon, get them to around level 45 and you should have no trouble.
    Try going on Cycling Road or just fight as many trainers you haven't already beat and see how you level up. If you can't get Articuno it's ok, just level up the top three Pokemon you think can do a good job against Sabrina, and you can beat her easily. Just make sure to save Pikachu for when she sends out Alakasam, use either Wartortle or Chariard on the rest and you should be OK.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
    the offical guides are nowere neer as good as the unoffical ones and should only be used for maps and hiden items (they dont even show all the things at the mart ive checked)

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    Don't give in.

Wait... did you say that you didn't beat Koga yet? Beat him first, then challenge Sabrina.

Back