• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    What do you man extra turn, if you kill them you kill them they don't gain it until their Standby Phase, also if you don't kill them they just get extra points so it really doesn't give them an extra turn until the their next turn, so rethink that statement, it does deserve a perfect rating, mind control sucks, and the new Brainjacker card is pretty good. That Mind Control card your talking about is pretty good, it does have potential to be the next CoH, but Snatch is better.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    The only card that ever deserves a perfect rating is Pot of Greed.

Snatch Steal could finish the duel that turn. Most of the time, it will not win the duel that turn (usually with the opponent will activate Scapegoat or Waboku or Mirror Force (starting April)). Then the opponent could gain 1000LP, and then use MST/Dust Tornado to destroy the Equip Spell, giving them their monster back and putting you off guard.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    The only card that ever deserves a perfect rating is Pot of Greed.

I don't know, graceful, reckless greed, raigeki, harpie, dark hole, heavy storm, change, etc. all get 10/10 in my book.

As for snatch, it's a pretty effective card, going at 9/10 for me. It's not as ridiculously broken as change of heart, but it's decent enough and is the substitute for change of heart. Of course, the 1000LP really doesn't matter unless you're keeping for more than 2 turns. If that happens there's something wrong with how you're playing the card.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I give it a 8/10. Reason is there are plenty of understated card that can stop it. Not just the more famous ones. Take Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell for example.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    The main problem I have with Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell is the discard of a Spell card. Usually the discard is Sinister Serpent or Night Assailant, but that is impossible to do here, as it needs a Spell Card. Card advantage is crucial in this game. If you have one more card than your opponent, then you have one more option to use, thus increasing your odds of winning. It's better to use Magic Drain in your deck.
    The other part I don't like is the fact that your opponent may only be using one copy of that Spell card in his or her deck, so Magic Jammer could have an advantage over that.

Black Mage 2

Hacker of Loathing
    Years
    • Age 34
    • WA
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    Hmm... I would say Injection Fairy Lily. Yes, the cost for it's effect is quite high, but 3000 attack for a low-level card can turn the tables quite quickly.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2005
    Next card of the day: Yata Garasu

This card is only used for trade for experienced duelists and used in every deck for n00bs. This card increases in its broken form each day as more strategies are uncovered, the best and most likely is the chaos emperor dragon effect with a face down sangan.

Yata-Garasu
    Wind/Fiend/Spirit
    200 Attack 100 Defense
    ** (i think)

This card cannot be special summoned. at the end of a turn this card is normal summoned, flip summoned or flipped face-up, this card is returned to its owner's hand. when this card attacks your opponent's life points directly, your opponent skips his/her next draw phase.

Place this card on the field wit your opponent's field empty and him/her topdecking, BAM. you are the winner. full stop. Here is a song which can be sung in many tunes

IT's so Easy
    Happy go lucky
    we are the ones who go
    We do it...
    ALL THE TIME AND SHOWS NO TALENT!!!
    Ya--ta Ya--ta Yata Garasu
    YA-ta Ya-ta Ya-ta GArasu!!!! YATA!!!!!!!!

That's why this card is banned, and his picture doesn't really call out "OMFG RUN AWAAYY!!" as no one would be scared of a pigeon sitting on a skull (unless that skull has peck marks, hey?)
    Anyways, to top it off:

Traditional: 5/5 (so much strategies, but n00bish)
    Advanced: 0/5 (lol u cant even use him :P)
    Overall: 5/5 (i said he was n00bish, not that he wasn't extremely good, and hard to get)

Well say thank you to SILPH CREATOR!!!!!!!!

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Wow, you're accauly helping me.

Edit: Don't you read other peoples posts, I pick the card of the week. I hate when new people to this site try to do this. I only post up Advanced Formant cards, (excpet on rare occurances) because that is what almost all the people play because that's the Format used for the bigger tourneys, like the Regionals.

New card.

Lightning Vortex
    Magic Card
    Discard one card from your hand to destroy all face up monster cards on your opponets side of the field.

This has been running around everywhere in my area, it's the new Raigeki, and it is a beast, it might soon become a staple, which you don't have many of anymore because of Advanced Format changing every so often, but this can definitaly fit into every deck, and can do really well, in a deck that includes Sinister Serpant, that little snake is a deadly force to behold, and many people agree that it needs to be banned, and not only that it creates a deadly combo with this card, this card gets a 9.9/10, it's not as good as the original, but really close!
    :D

Last edited:

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Lightning Vortex is a great card. Discard something, destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field. This card is a great table-turner, destroying many cards so you can bring out something large. The only bad thing about it is the fact it only works on face-up monsters, so you can't get a f/d monster out of the way to get a win that turn.

New Advanced: 9.5/10 (Without Painful, it's a bit harder to get Sinister Serpent into your hand)

lizardman

~PC's GFX rater~
    Years
    PrimeCupEevee said:
    Lightning Vortex is a great card. Discard something, destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field. This card is a great table-turner, destroying many cards so you can bring out something large. The only bad thing about it is the fact it only works on face-up monsters, so you can't get a f/d monster out of the way to get a win that turn.

New Advanced: 9.5/10 (Without Painful, it's a bit harder to get Sinister Serpent into your hand)
    i agree.Lightning vortex is great my cuzin has 1 and im going to trade my ULT spiral spear shot for it.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    lol easily a 10/10 for this card. This card is too ridiculous not to be banned. Discard one? That's hardly a "cost", with or without the snake. The point is that the card sweeps the field of any sort of offense-based monsters, so you can deal with the little guys with your spear dragon or something. personally I've seen enough of these guys floating around in the YGO community last time I checked, which made it more stale than usual.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    I havent been keeping up with YuGiOh lately, but as long as the card description is provided its all good.

Vortex sounds pretty sweet, whats its rarity? It would fit pretty well into my XYZ deck IMO, seeing as it makes life easier on XYZ, saving me from discarding as many cards. That coupled with Sinister Serpent makes it a winner in my book. 9/10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back