• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] macro monarch synchro

Nightstalker

Party on!!
Years
  • I believe at some point a while ago I said I was making one of these and I've been researching for a while so here's my decklist:

Total: 41

Monsters: 19

Caius, the shadow monarch x3
    Mobius, the frost monarch x2
    Raiza, the storm monarch x2
    Thestalos the fire monarch x1
    D.D. Survivor x3
    D.D. Scout Plane x2
    Battle Fader x2
    Krebons x2
    Blackwing-gale The Whirlwind x1
    Cyber Valley x1

Spells:11

Dimensional Fissure x3
    Book of Moon x2
    Enemy Controller x2
    Emergency Teleport x1
    Allure of Darkness x1
    Reinforcement of the army x1
    Dark hole x1

Traps: 11

Macro Cosmos x3
    Dark Bribe x2
    Bottomless trap hole x2
    Solemn Judgement x1
    Torrential Tribute x1
    Return from the Different Dimension x1
    Mirror Force x1

Synchros: 15

Armory arm x1
    Catastor x1
    Android x1
    Goyo x1
    Brionac x1
    Scrap Archfiend x1
    Black Rose x1
    Stardust x1
    Red dragon archfiend x1
    Thought ruler archfiend x1
    Colossal fighter x1
    Chimeratech x1
    Scrap dragon x1
    Mist wurm x1
    Red nova dragon x1

No PoT of dualities or warnings as they are expensive and the deck works well without them. So any thoughts?, sugestions?, fire away!

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • Seems okay. Very similar to the build I'm currently running, in fact.
    The problem with a Macro Syncro deck is you only get one shot per tuner. Once you use them, there's no way to bring them back... except by RFDD, but that should always be a last resort/game finisher.
    You may want to try out Gravekeeper's Servant - it's a card that's served me very well. You can take out 1 Raiza and 1 Cyber Valley to put in two of them, those two are the only cards that really seem out of place.
    If you don't do that, at least replace the Cyber Valley with another Battle Fader. CV looks good at first, but it's far too easy to remove it before the battle phase, and then you're left vulnerable. Plus, CV only remains for one of the opponent's turns, whereas BF will be on the field during your turn, meaning you can tribute it.

Lastly, you don't really have a reliable way to bring out lvl 6 syncros, and you're sacrificing Monarchs to bring out the higher lvls. Try some different tuners, for other combinations, maybe? A lvl 4 tuner would be great, to sync with Survivor to get Stardust and other lvl 8's.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • As survivor keeps recurring you can easily sync level sixes with krebons plus with e tele you can special summon krebons then tribute for a monarch. Thanks got reminding me about servant though I completely forgot it.
    So that's
    -1 cyber valley
    -1 raiza
    +2 gravekeepers servant

Anything else?

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • You only have 1 Emergency Teleport, so using that really shouldn't be a default strategy to aim for. Not reliable enough. And you really, really don't have enough tuners to sync a lvl 6 then sync that synchro for a lvl 8. That uses up 2/3 of your tuners permanently, it's not worth it.

Edit: You could remove the Enemy Controllers, and replace them with Tuners.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • I don't think it's worth it really as a couple or less synchros is fine as I'm not using it as a main strategy plus you can just sync with monarchs after their effects have been carried out.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Gravekeeper's Servant is rather meh, actually... sort of like how nobody ever plays Swords of Revealing Light. I know, I know, you are going to want to say this is different, but it's really not that different. Any number of things can go wrong with Gravekeeper's Servant.

3 Raiza and 3 Caius are mandatory. 2 Mobius is pretty decent. Cyber Valley is unnecessary... but where are your Cyber Dragons? Enemy Controller is pretty "meh", but it's not bad.

Bribe is fairly subpar.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • I believe at some point a while ago I said I was making one of these and I've been researching for a while so here's my decklist:

Total: 41

Monsters: 19

Caius, the shadow monarch x3
    Mobius, the frost monarch x2
    Raiza, the storm monarch x2
    Thestalos the fire monarch x1
    D.D. Survivor x3
    D.D. Scout Plane x2
    Battle Fader x2
    Krebons x2
    Blackwing-gale The Whirlwind x1
    Cyber Valley x1

Spells:11

Dimensional Fissure x3
    Book of Moon x2
    Enemy Controller x2
    Emergency Teleport x1
    Allure of Darkness x1
    Reinforcement of the army x1
    Dark hole x1

Macro Cosmos x3
    Dark Bribe x2
    Bottomless trap hole x2
    Solemn Judgement x1
    Torrential Tribute x1
    Return from the Different Dimension x1
    Mirror Force x1

Synchros: 15

Armory arm x1
    Catastor x1
    Android x1
    Goyo x1
    Brionac x1
    Scrap Archfiend x1
    Black Rose x1
    Stardust x1
    Red dragon archfiend x1
    Thought ruler archfiend x1
    Colossal fighter x1
    Chimeratech x1
    Scrap dragon x1
    Mist wurm x1
    Red nova dragon x1

No PoT of dualities or warnings as they are expensive and the deck works well without them. So any thoughts?, sugestions?, fire away!

Drop the krebons, they aren't as good as they used to be Krebons and E-tele combo isn't as useful anymore sadly. Used Rose Warrior (Rota target) or if you want Airbellum.

Scout planes is bad ygo. It's pretty much sitting duck when it comes back. 2-3 Cyber Dragons are a must. Max Book of Moon. Get in 1-2 MST in there for protection. You can put Gold Sarc to get D-Fissure, Macro or anything else you want, but i'll leave that to you.

@Cirrus Cyber Valley is the main draw cards for Macro if they don't have POD. or they'll be only relying on that one Allure. I would say 2-3 Cyber Valley. Survivor + Valley engine makes the macro monarch deck a bit consistent on drawing.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • Airbellum is beast type, Rose warrior mmmmm I dunno it's effect is pretty feeble like bringing a water pistol to a forest fire.

Mst could be used but there's little room.

I want to use 2 cyber dragons and go to 3 raiza but I'm not losing any of the mobius's.

I may even kill off that one cyber valley as it's pretty pointless and random on it's own.

I also want to keep the krebons e tele engine as it can be used for tributes synchros and defence so they're pretty goooood.

Sarco is slow and I don't use it unless I have no choice

Scout plane is awesome as it can be used every turn and a little damage never hurt anyone

WildEagle

Years
  • Airbellum is beast type, Rose warrior mmmmm I dunno it's effect is pretty feeble like bringing a water pistol to a forest fire.
    Rose is 4th rota target. Bringing it out to synchro with survivor for lvl 8's.

Mst could be used but there's little room.
    At least 1 mst should be in there. If you really dont want then, 1 mst side is a must.

I want to use 2 cyber dragons and go to 3 raiza but I'm not losing any of the mobius's.

2 cyber dragons are important in Macro Monarch deck. Bottomless bait, high beater, Monarch tribute. Cyber Dragon create plays, and excellent top deck. Cyber Dragon > Mobius. Mobius is side in monarch and brought out depending on much ups. Cyber dragon can be instant +1 when special summon. Mobius is a risk type that can net you plus but it can back fire in your face.

I may even kill off that one cyber valley as it's pretty pointless and random on it's own.

Well cyber valley's are run in 2-3 to be effective. Cyber valleys makes you play defensive and your opponent's defensive, since it's effects benefits you ending the battle phase and getting you a card. Survivor + Valley combo is just a + 1.

I also want to keep the krebons e tele engine as it can be used for tributes synchros and defence so they're pretty goooood.

Krebons and e-tele isn't what they used to be. Your pretty much relying on luck to get e-tele to be able to use the combo. Krebons is so-so now. And it doesn't even generates you any plus unless you use the e-tele to get krebons then sac. Krebon is just a 1 for 1 tribute most of the time.

Sarco is slow and I don't use it unless I have no choice
    yeah sarco is slow, but thats the problem with Macro decks without POD, the only way we draw cards is with survivor + valley engine and 1 allure.

Scout plane is awesome as it can be used every turn and a little damage never hurt anyone
    What? With the meta having so much swarms deck that can drop 2000+ beaters in one turn, Scout planes will eat your lp in so little turns. Scout planes are terrible. You already have a buff up scout plane in D.D. Survivor.There's no benefits in scout planes.NONE. It's usefulness is shadow by its crappy effect the makes it come back atk mode.

Reply in bold.

Before anything else, Macro Monarch or any Monarch decks lives through getting pluses. This what makes Monarch deck tricky to build, yeah throw in some stuff that easily summon monarchs, but did they give you an advantage to your opponent? You can easily throw in krebons wait for a turn use it effect sac for monarch or you can survivor next turn sac for monarch, survivor comes back +1. Cards you use must and should generate you advantages over your opponent.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • Sorry no reply I've been I'll you see, anyway this is what my monster lineup looks like:

Caius x3
    Raiza x3
    Cyber dragon x2
    Battle Fader x2
    D.d. Survivor x3
    D.d. Scout plane x2
    Krebons x2
    Gale x1
    Möbius x2

So what'dya think about that?

WildEagle

Years
  • Too many Monarchs. 8 Monarchs is a lot, unless your deck is based on summoning them, I see bad draws or bad hands start of the game. Macro Monarchs needs strong first hand or consistent draw because of 3 Macro/3D-fissure which is terrible draw when you already set up. Adding tribute monster which you might not be able to summon, will screw you over. Lower the monarchs down to 6. In a Macro Monarch, the monarchs is the last piece that you need. Setting up the field is the most important thing, drawing into your monarchs when your not set up will be your deck's down fall. And look at your deck right now, what is the only card you can use to draw? 1 which is Allure. You only have 2 cards that lets you get cards from your deck, which is Rota and E-tele. After that? The only thing left is relying to get the card you need in draw phase.

D.D. Scout Plane is past it's usefulness. With only one allure, its usefulness went down the drain. If only scout plane would be SS'd in def position, maybe it wud be worth running in 1-2's. People beat the **** out of an attack mode 800 ATK monster. It will make you lose games because it itself opens a path for the opponent to rail over and over. And with Solemn and Krebons it would eat your life points like hot cakes.

Krebons is past his usefulness, yeah you can stop opponents from destroying but for what cost? Unless you have a come back play then people will just keep attacking him unless you let it be destroyed. With the meta slow down by a bit, life points became important again.

Mobius is best at the side deck. Cauis and Raiza are just much more superior than he is.

That's the best explanation I can give you.

WildEagle

Years
  • It depends you can add in a Morphing Jar for speed and reset the bad hands. 2x Cyber Valley for a Survivor - Valley draw engine. Spirit Reaper for stalling, its great for getting set up your Macro/D-Fissure/Survivor combo.

You should add Mind Control, since this is a synchro deck. You can also do the Valley + Mind Control trick which is a +1 every time.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • I think I'll leave those two spaces open which will cut my deck to forty.
    Anyway now let's look at my spell lineup

Total: 11

Dimensional fissure x3
    Book of moon x2
    Enemy controller x2
    E teleport x1
    Dark hole x1
    Allure x1
    Rota x1

Remember no PoD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Krebons has become really unhelpful now, so that plus e-tele just take up space, and two Mobius should just be in the side. Gold sarco can help when you need a D-Fissure, or something, and you can always just keep the e-tele out to make the deck 40. 2 Cyber Valley could help create the Survivor + Valley combo, since you have removed them.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • If there's nothing else with the spells then...

Macro Cosmos x3
    Dimensional Prison x2
    Bottomless trap hole x2
    Solemn Judgement x1
    Torrential Tribute x1
    Mirror Force x1
    Return from the different dimension x1

Whaddya think???

Back