• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Revenge of the Vines: V.2

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    [a id]top[/a id]

Revenge of the Vines V.2

Additional Links:
    Official Limited/Forbidden List - Yu-gi-oh! Wiki - Online Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Creation Assistance

Reposting this so I can get more rate on what to add/throw. I have some of the cards listed, and there is a store close by that sells almost ever single yu-gi-oh card, so I'm within pretty much any budget except maybe ultra rare light types lol. Anyways the idea of the deck is to enhance and abuse Lonefire + Gigaplant's abilities to swarm the field and eat at the opponent's LP. My favortie and best working deck so far.

Monsters
    Botanical Lion (3)
    Gigantic Cephalotus (3)
    Gigaplant (3)
    Lonefire Blossom (1)
    Twilight Rose Knight (1)
    Tytannical, Princess of Camellias (1)
    Dandylion (3)
    Sangan (1)
    Nettles (3)

Synchro Monsters
    Black Rose Dragon (1)
    Queen of Thorns (1)

Spells
    Lightning Vortex (1)
    Mark of the Rose (3)
    Miracle Fertilizer (1)
    Mystical Space Typhoon (1)
    Swords of Revealing Light (1)
    The World Tree (1)

Traps
    Bottomless Trap Hole (1)
    Call of the Haunted (1)
    Dark Bribe (1)
    Mirror Force (1)
    Plant Food Chain (3)
    Pollinosis (3)
    Solemn Judgment (1)
    Wall of Thorns (2)

NOTE: This is advanced format; I go by the banning/limited rules. Please don't suggest any banned cards. Thanks~ Also, please notify me if I this is not fully updated to the limits. Thanks.

[alink id=top]Back to Top[/alink id]

Last edited:

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    +1 sangan

Of course, Sangans are essential in this kind of deck, right?

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • you can have two lonefire blossom's actually, i just checked out the ban list.

maybe im just a synchro freak, but wouldn't you want more tuners in the deck? like copyplant or nettles?

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    you can have two lonefire blossom's actually, i just checked out the ban list.

maybe im just a synchro freak, but wouldn't you want more tuners in the deck? like copyplant or nettles?

I do agree with you on the tuners bit; I should have some more tuners. Editting build.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Plants don't really run on Synchros. One Tuner should be enough -- probably a Copy Plant over a Nettles, actually.
    Probably also don't want to run Mark of the Rose either.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Mark of the Rose is a good card IF you have massive amounts of random Plants you don't care about in the graveyard. It's not necessarily good in 3s though.

3 Nettles is too many, perhaps. I'll test Plants a little and then get back to you.

EDIT: WHY IS THERE NOT ENOUGH MIRACLE FERTILIZER DURRRRRRRR. It's actually an excellent Kard. Tytannial revive is the most fun ever~ as well, play 2 Tytannial, more Queen of Thorns, and other random Synchros. Because Synchros are your BESTEST FRIEND. ;O

Last edited:

joeyblack

Arctic Titan
    Years
  • This sounds like a really good deck, i tried making a Black Rose Dragon deck which....really failed pretty badly...:'(
    well, on second thought, i always beat my kid sister with it XD

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Mark of the Rose is a good card IF you have massive amounts of random Plants you don't care about in the graveyard. It's not necessarily good in 3s though.

3 Nettles is too many, perhaps. I'll test Plants a little and then get back to you.

EDIT: WHY IS THERE NOT ENOUGH MIRACLE FERTILIZER DURRRRRRRR. It's actually an excellent Kard. Tytannial revive is the most fun ever~ as well, play 2 Tytannial, more Queen of Thorns, and other random Synchros. Because Synchros are your BESTEST FRIEND. ;O

Lol, I probably need more Fertilizer, now that I think about it. I do enjoy MoTR.

This sounds like a really good deck, i tried making a Black Rose Dragon deck which....really failed pretty badly...:'(
    well, on second thought, i always beat my kid sister with it XD

Err, thank you?

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
  • -2 Nettles.
    -1 TRK
    -3 Pollonosis
    -1 Botanical
    +2 Tyrannatial.
    +1 Miracle Fertiliser
    +1 Solemn Judgement
    +1 Black Garden
    +1 Lonefire

Just a few changes I'd make, though I'm missing some ideas at the moment for how to run around Black Garden, so don't run that yet if you don't feel it's necessary and run another Miracle instead.

As said, these are just my changes; I'll go through some tuners and find better ones to work in this deck.

By the way, there's a good combo by using Black Salvo and Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive. What you do is you get Dekoichi in the Graveyard with Foolish Burial, then summon Black Salvo and use it's effect to Special Summon Dekoichi, which you can then Synchro Summon to get out Black Rose Dragon. Just a thought.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Not such a good idea to run 3 Tytannial, because that makes for some craptastic dead draws unless you're playing Barbaros Trade-In Plant Drain, and you're not.

The Plant deck I'm running right now uses Cosmos Beat and Rosewhip as Tuners, but that's OCG, so I'd say Copy Plant or Nettles in conjunction with Dandylion and Gigaplant would be a good choice. Black Garden decks are Black Garden decks, and that's falling into the area of Token Plant decks, which I don't have much experience with. You need to be able to search Lonefire QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY, and then protect it for a quick Tytannial. Miracle Fertilizer is for reviving your random Plants that died like Lonefire.

Twilight Rose Knight is somewhat of a "meh" card. It's not essential to strategy. Plant Tuners > Non-Plant Tuners, because they can. =\

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I highly suggest UFO turtle to help search for lone fire blossom faster. If you add 3x UFO, then you can start to consistently start your gigaplant swarms on the third turn, and it's less dependant on sangan, which only adds to your hand and is in this case a slower way to get the lonefire blossom.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Not such a good idea to run 3 Tytannial, because that makes for some craptastic dead draws unless you're playing Barbaros Trade-In Plant Drain, and you're not.

The Plant deck I'm running right now uses Cosmos Beat and Rosewhip as Tuners, but that's OCG, so I'd say Copy Plant or Nettles in conjunction with Dandylion and Gigaplant would be a good choice. Black Garden decks are Black Garden decks, and that's falling into the area of Token Plant decks, which I don't have much experience with. You need to be able to search Lonefire QUICKLY and EFFECTIVELY, and then protect it for a quick Tytannial. Miracle Fertilizer is for reviving your random Plants that died like Lonefire.

Twilight Rose Knight is somewhat of a "meh" card. It's not essential to strategy. Plant Tuners > Non-Plant Tuners, because they can. =\

TRK is a pretty good card from what I've seen D:

I highly suggest UFO turtle to help search for lone fire blossom faster. If you add 3x UFO, then you can start to consistently start your gigaplant swarms on the third turn, and it's less dependant on sangan, which only adds to your hand and is in this case a slower way to get the lonefire blossom.

x3 UFO is what I've been thinking; running them would probably be a good idea.

Thanks for the C&C guys; putting all of your crit into account.

Back